Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stade de France - Parking
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 7, 2007 15:53

Hi to all IORRers,

This is my first ever post on this board, having used it as a guest for several years and being a fan of the band for 30 of my 40 years (14 gigs since 1990)!

Anyway, I have a question for any fans with a knowledge of Paris & the Stade de France in particular.

I believe that parking is a quite an issue at the stadium, although I got round this on my last visit in 98 by staying at a local hotel. The official car park is sold out so are there any other unofficial ones in the vicinity/ 2 or 3 metro stops away that are reasonably safe ? I know that Saint Denis isn't a particularly good area. If parking really is a non starter I can fly from Bristol (I live near Swindon,Wiltshire) to Paris CDG instead.

I speak passable French if that's likely to help my cause when I get there.

Thanks in advance,

G

Re: Stade de France - Parking
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 7, 2007 16:25

You can park at the Basilique parking and then take the metro one station. Don't think you'll avoid the traffic though.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 7, 2007 16:52

Hi grzegorz67, you wouldn't have 28th april as your birthday, would you, since we already share first name and year of birth...

Btw, welcome aboard!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-07 16:54 by Greg.

Date: May 7, 2007 17:17

Greg,

That is amazing ! I was born on 27th April 1967, 1 day before you. I'm a Scot,born in Bellshill near Glasgow despite the Polish user name. What nationality are you ?

I'm actually taking my 65 year old parents to the show,their first ever by the RS (or indeed by anyone at all in the case of my dad). I thought it was time they saw what their age peers can still do...

Pleased to meet you, I hope you guess my name,

Gregor

Date: May 7, 2007 17:44

Amazing indeed! I'm from Holland, living in Utrecht. Gregor is my real name and quite rare over here. I messed things up when subscribing to IORR and ended up with this butchered, americanized version of my name ;-)

Btw, 27th April 1967 is also the date of birth of our crown prince, Willem-Alexander. But you better see and hear him before you decide to be proud of that fact ...

Date: May 7, 2007 18:02

Greg,

I'd perhaps not bother with that. I'm not at all keen on the UK Royal Family and all the privileges we the tax payer fund for them but it's an amusing co-incidence nonetheless.

As far as the Stones & Holland is concerned I notice that they play far fewer shows there than say in the VL & BtB time when they were extremely popular there - I was one of the 86,000 at the Maliveld in the Hague in 1998 - can you offer an explanation here ? Is it perhaps excessive touring or excessive ticket prices ? Clearly their popularity in NL is suffering which is sad.

Date: May 7, 2007 18:35

"Is it perhaps excessive touring or excessive ticket prices ?"

Both likely. Prices have skyrocketed esp. since Licks and the market just seems to be saturated. I don't have the exact numbers but I think a disproportionate part (compared to other countries) of the dutch popu;lation has seen the Stones on one or more occasions.

I myself am not going to Nijmegen. The Vredenburg gig in my backyard was a 30 year old dream come true, never to be topped, and frankly I was bored half of the Amsterdam ArenA show last year. No more stadiums shows for me. Well, maybe if I could take my kids (but they're too young) or my parents - but that would be a volte-face of sorts since they're only into classical and detest rock music..

Still, it would be a negative landmark if Nijmegen won't sell out.

Date: May 7, 2007 18:48

"Still, it would be a negative landmark if Nijmegen won't sell out."

All of the indications are that it is a long way short of this with just a month to go before the show.

I too have scaled down my gigs somewhat. I saw 5 BtB shows across 98/99 & 5 Licks in USA/Germany/Scotland but so far on the current tour just the one show - Cardiff last year which is easy to reach by train & Paris coming up.

They really ought to look into their silly pricing Policy & sort it out. It means that they will attract few younger fans to their shows & damage their legacy. I will always be a fan though - I grew up on 'Rolled Gold' back in 75/76 when my parents used to play it at house parties & I was upstairs in my bedroom listening.

Taking my parents will be the fun in this one but it may well be my only show this Summer, unless the rumoured Polish show happens.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 7, 2007 21:58

If you are still looking for SDF parking there are 2 on ebay €15.

Dutch auction
Lowest of the two highest bids is the price you pay.
Bid low to start & wait see if anyone else bids.

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

No postage quoted either definately asq before bidding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home