Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: DJ Don Imus let go by CBS Radio/MSNBC TV - What's Your Opinion?
Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: April 13, 2007 09:45

Couldn't have happend to a bigger creep.I have always hated Imus,and he got what he deserved.Now if we can just get rid of Rush Limbaugh,Sean Hannity and the totally disgusting Michael Savage,the airwaves will be alot better sounding.Oh,almost forgot Glen Beck.All of these guys need to be shipped to some remote island and left to offend each other.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: April 13, 2007 14:51

Oh yeas & Al Franken please him too. The sight of hime makes me ill & that voice. Al Franken is a little skinny dweeb. Wasn't that the title of his book. Only a liberal could get away with. "A big fat idiot title of the book he had". If A Dinesh Disousa or the like on the right put out a title similar. ^HAte Monger* "insensitive" etc. Cmon man. Down with Jackson & Sharpton! Are they really good Reverends????? I ask you that. Look at their skeletons MEZ

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 13, 2007 15:09

HE IS A GOD DAMNNED BIGOT AND NEEDED TO BE SMASHED

theplexiglass

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 13, 2007 15:46

Imus is getting lynched in this PC society for a remark that to be honest is not near as racist as what I hear 99% of these so-called black comedians slinging. Why is onesided racism okay?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: April 13, 2007 16:53

Keithfan64 - Dude, put down the kool aid, take off the tin foil hat and slowly back away. You sound like you are on the edge of a paranoid breakdown. I feel bad that your hatred of Rush Limbaugh is causing you to become unhinged but if you don't like what he says then turn it off. Thankfully, the Constitution has no "Right not to be offended" clause. And your comparisons to Goebbels are borderline hysterical but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here if you can give me one example, just one, of how they are alike.

I'll be waiting patiently.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: April 13, 2007 17:35

The difference between Imus and guys like Pryor and Lenny Bruce, when they make fun of something it is usually something that they either know about or experienced. Remember those guys made fun of themselves also. Since Imus must likely wasn't a basketball fan, he should have kept his mouth shut. If we are going to start taking the N word and other stuff out of rap, they better take the N out of Scorsese's and Tarentino flicks. And while they are at they can take out the murder and mayhem too....also the murder and mayhem that are Some of the Stones songs. Can't do it, why because it's fiction. But even with fiction there are some things that you can't get awy with. Imus is real life. Imus is not funny.

Posted by: keithfan64 ()
Date: April 13, 2007 19:08

Goldsmith- On a PBS show about Goebbels they played a little of his radio broadcast. He was expounding on the glory of war and the heroic soldiers. I once heard Limbaugh talking about how, since killing is a soldiers job there is nothing wrong with them enjoying it and, in fact, they should. This is going even farther than Goebells and is sick to say the least. All he does is rage against "libs" for every thing they do. Most of it is lies. Substitute "Jews" for "libs". What have you got? Why am I "paranoid" to want a man who spews hatred for people of my political beliefs taken off the air? I had to remove my anti-Bush sticker from my car because my tires kept getting pin holed. This kind of intollerance is what right wing hate radio has brought us to in this country. Look at all the names calling I've gotten from FrankM and yourself. Its not a matter of me turning off what I don't like. Others are listening and being told to hate people on the left, or anybody differnt than white right wing christians. If you can't see that then at least allow me my viewpoint without the insults.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 19:18 by keithfan64.

Posted by: sweetladyjane ()
Date: April 13, 2007 19:50

As for Howard Stern, like him or not, he's been a big Stones fan for many, many years. A lot of Stones music gets played on his show.

Posted by: tjkeef ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:00

Anybody remember the outcry over BLACK GIRLS JUST WANNA GET F#CKED ALL NIGHT?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:03

Dinesh Disousa, james lynn? that guy writes more fiction than dr.seuss, but seuss is a better writer and his fiction is a lot more believable.

limbaugh, hannity, savage- that classic trio is so anti-democracy, anti-logic, anti-fact that blackwater and halliburton have to build a new lower-wing in faux-patriot hell for them. how can any of them still have broadcasting licenses with so many others being booted from, or never allowed, on the air?

imus-who cares? just another convenient distraction for the administration mouthpiece media to trumpet while ignoring the real stories of the Great Decline; america's slide into a corporate fascist society.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:06

Keithfan give it up already. With every post you sound like more of a crackpot and also a hypocrite since you called me arshole (instead of the real word for fear you would be booted) and then accuse me of name calling- what a double standard you have.

You seem to watch a lot of programs and read a lot of books about Mussolini and Goebbels. Is this where you get all your censorship ideas from.

I pray to God that some loon like you never has a more important decision to make than deciding what cereal to eat in the morning. And try to end this silly fixation with Rush Limbaugh. The guy isn't so important that he should dominate your conscious thought 24/7. Please man try to get some help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:11 by FrankM.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:09

An awful lot of people in this thread who get their ideas from Nazi Germany- and you know who you are. All you nuts that want to censor people who disagree with you politically. Probably have Adolph @#$%& posters hanging up on your wall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:14 by FrankM.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:13

FrankM. All you do is call me insultating names. You have yet to respond to any of the issues I raised, just dismiss them as to absurd to discuss. You cvritisize me for having some knowlege of WW11. Just because your ignorant dosen"t mean I have to be. I misspelled AH so it would'nt be blocked out. I only called you that because you had beem personally insulting me in a very offensive manner. I have aright to defend myself. If you can't discuss the issues, leave me alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:18 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:18

keithfan64 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FrankM. All you do is call me insultating names.
> You have yet to respond to any of the issues I
> raised, just dismiss them as to absurd to discuss.
> You cvritisize me for having some knowlege of
> WW11. Just because your ignorant dosen"t mean I
> have to be.

Like I said I pray you never have a more important decision to make than what cereal to eat in the morning. I don't give a rats rear about you but I would hate to see some unfortunate soul suffer because of your crackpot ideas.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:23

FrankM. There are 750,000 dead souls in Iraq because of people like you. I think you should save your prayers for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 23:15 by keithfan64.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:25

One thing I find funny is how Al Sharpton can get away with calling Imus 'white boy'. When he was asked about this he said, you can refer to me as black so why couldn't I say that. Is he for real?

Date: April 13, 2007 20:32

keithfan64 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FrankM. There are 750,000 dead souls in Irak
> because of people like you. I think you should
> save your prayers for them.

Funny how you blame me who had nothing to do with the decision to go to war and don't blame the PEOPLE THAT ARE KILLING OUR SOLDIERS OVER THERE.
Typical far left loon.

So I guess you are saying it was acceptable for forty million people to live under tyranny and for iraqi women to be tortured and raped by a madman? If you want to throw low blows I can throw them too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:41 by FrankM.

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:33

Doesnt everybody know that in America freedom of speech is for everybody except the WHITE people.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:35

were you for or against the war Frank? It was sold as away to protect us form Saddam's wepons of mass destructon. When that was shown to be a lie it was changed to the reasons you gave. Get your story straght.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:38 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:38

Read my above post Keith. If you want to throw low blows about dead soldiers I can throw them about loons like you that consider it acceptable for women to be tortured, for people that disagreed with Saddam to be murdered and for a whole nation to live under tyranny.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:42

Stop repeating yourself you idiot. Respond to my post, if you can. Don't forgetr Saddam was placed in power by the U.S.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:44 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:44

Hey man what happened to your no name calling policy. Naughty naughty.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:45

You started it braniac. Goodbye. Your to stupid to argue with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 20:47 by keithfan64.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:46

Goebbels was a high ranking member of his country's government. Limbaugh is a private citizen whose employment is predicated upon the forces of a free market.

To attempt to draw an equivalence between the two is not only reckless but disingenuous.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:48

Mr Imus supported John Kerry in the 2004 election. John Kerry voted to authorize force against Iraq, along with Senators Clinton, Edwards, Reid, Schumer, etc, etc. Go figure, eh?

More re Imus: I thought he was mocking the rappers as much as dissing the Rutgers ladies.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:49

Free market my ass. How come his TV show which got very low ratings was kept on the air untill right after the election in 96? Hes on the air because he expuonds the right wing philosophy of the corporations that own the radio stations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-13 21:09 by keithfan64.

Date: April 13, 2007 20:53

Thank you Goldsmith. Finally someone with a brain. I don't agree with everything Limbaugh says- the guy can be as big a buffoon as Michael Moore sometimes but to want to take him off the air is insane.

Not to mention the fact that these loons throw Hannity into the mix. Hannity is a devout Christian and doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

Anyway I'm out of this thread- it's pointless arguing with people like Keithfan since it is like arguing with a wall.

My apololgies to Helter Skelter who started a good thread only to see it deteriorate into the same old left vs. right debacle.

Posted by: voodoocat ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:57

Personally I'm glad to see him go. I never really listened to much of his show so I'm not the best reference but from what I did hear - he just seems to be full of spite and hate for everyone. There's a place for constructive criticsm in society but Imus was anything but "constructive".

talk is(n't) cheap

Date: April 13, 2007 20:57

Frank. You never argued with me. You just insulted me and called me names. I guess thats the best you can do 'though.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: April 13, 2007 21:15

Limbaugh, Hannity & Savage, Disousa are on the air because the vast mass relate to their views I guess verified by numbers / ratings. Whereas Al Franken, Michael Moore, & Jesse Jackson's liberal radio station Air America folded as the bulk of people turned the dial. Its called the marketplace & capitialism. Thats why winter or at least I logically deduct the rationale as such.
Stonesriff you are so right!

Whose more racist Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton or Donald Imus??

Why can blacks always state the equilvelant comments and never get questioned?

Limbaugh equated with Goebells is like Howard Dean equated with Fidel Castro don't you think?

They can say the N word in zee gansta rap to keep it real yo. Ebonics 101! MEZ

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home