Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

scalping in U.K.
Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: April 7, 2007 10:42

Hey all, I am coming to the UK for the last four shows and am wondering if tickets are to be had outside venues over there like the U.S. Any suggestions on where or what type of place I should stay to tour the country.I'll be there Aug 15th thru the 29th. Any pointers would be most appreciated

Re: scalping in U.K.
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 7, 2007 14:22

liquorgud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey all, I am coming to the UK for the last four
> shows and am wondering if tickets are to be had
> outside venues over there like the U.S. Any
> suggestions on where or what type of place I
> should stay to tour the country.I'll be there Aug
> 15th thru the 29th. Any pointers would be most
> appreciated

Last FOUR shows ? Is there something you know that the Rolling Stones and the rest of us don't know ? At the moment the UK has 2 confirmed shows at the end of August, 21st and 23rd. We're "hoping" for a third on the 25th, but as yet there's nothing confirmed. As for a fourth ... dream on !

And as for scalpers, yes it's a f***ing disease that's just as prevalent here as anywhere else in the world. There will INEVITABLY be the usual collection of a**holes to be found outside the venue on the nights in question, you can bet on it. My advice, buy "late", when they've got lots to lose if they don't get rid of whatever they're selling, and don't offer more than face value - even if that. Tickets are quite expensive enough thank you very much. SO DO NOT be taken in by all the hype, you WILL get a ticket or tickets, just keep your cool, buy them anything up to 15-30 minutes before the Stones are due onstage, and you'll be in the strongest bargaining position.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-07 14:24 by paulywaul.

Posted by: McCartney ()
Date: April 12, 2007 20:41

If you have time, do the Beatle walks with Richard Porter and here's a link for a 'Stones Walk' [www.beatles-beatles-beatles.com]

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: April 12, 2007 20:56

Make sure you drink some Innis & Gunn beer.....that is some good beer!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2007 22:03

London is the world metro for ticket touts, scalpers. They are pretty well organized. They go by the mafia system actually, one boss and many "boys" and runners. They get same price at every venue. I have seen it many many times. Like all 12 Wembley Stadium shows. Some times above face value, one time double price, a couple of times many years ago below face, but always easy to get tickets, no worruies. Just bring some extra cash and be prepared to get the runneds deal with their boss.

PS. These scalpers do also go to mainland Europe to scalp tickets in other countres as well. They learn the worlds BUING and SELLING tickets in the local language and they sell tickets before the shows, then bootleg t-shirts after the shows. Typical runners. Running at all times, because if they get caught with a bag of 30 t-shirts that are illegal then they loose their income that day or week.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 12, 2007 22:16

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > 15th thru the 29th. Any pointers would be most
> > appreciated
>
> Last FOUR shows ? Is there something you know that
> the Rolling Stones and the rest of us don't know ?
> At the moment the UK has 2 confirmed shows at the
> end of August, 21st and 23rd. We're "hoping" for a
> third on the 25th, but as yet there's nothing
> confirmed. As for a fourth ... dream on !

I think he was counting the dublin show as a UK show, and also he was assuming the third O2 show will happen, which equals four.

So there!

Liquorgud, if you are here for two weeks, then hire a car and go and see the lake district, bath, the new forest, the south coast... But spend plenty of time in London if it's your first time here. It's an amazing city with plenty to see and do. The ticket scalpers will for sure be outside the O2 arena. They will typically offer tickets for double face value, but it is easy to knock them down to face value, and as paulywaul says, just have balls of steel and wait until around 15-30mins before the stones are due on stage and then you will get some good prices.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 12, 2007 22:22

Agree with Paulywaul. But I had friends which waited a little bit to long and price went up again in Twickenham.
They really are tremendously good organized as bv said and know exactly when the market gets good for them.
In the US a lot of people live on that. I had one ticket left for Hollywood bowl and gave it for the price I paid, but I am sure the guy sold it double as the bowl was sold out and a lot of people tried to get in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home