Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

burried alive
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: March 25, 2007 22:15

im sorry- but this album from the new barbarians is terrible- ronnies voice is about the worst singer ive ever heard- i know keith and ronnie were never known for their strong voices but i dont think this album shoudl have been released- i have the bootlegs from the new barbarians and i liek them much better

Re: burried alive
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 25, 2007 22:33

I actually like Buired Alive.
But I agree, there are better New Barbarians performances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-25 22:33 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Lord Sinclair ()
Date: March 25, 2007 23:28

One of the many reasons why I have come to like the Stones recordings and performances from 63-69 and 89 - present is the lack of poor singing from Keith and Ronnie and no serious drug impairments. The 70's and 81 concerts were frought with poor performances and drug induced self congratulation on-stage.

I've never liked the New Narbarians. I didn't then and I don't now.
Besides, let's not forget that Mick didn't want to tour at that time and Keith joining Ronnie was an off-shoot of their growing feud.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 26, 2007 01:16

Buried alive is a funny record, but listening to the recording only works if you are as drunk as the New Barbarians themselves were during the show. If this
is the case it will rock you!

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 26, 2007 02:52

Maybe its NOT great, but ANYTIME the Stones want to officially release OLD live concerts, I'll be appreciative!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2007 04:23

It was a fine party in 1979. Sloppy as hell, but who cared - my first time seeing any of the Stones.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2007 04:25

Oh, yeah - the day that I bought "Gimme Some Neck" and heard "Buried Alive", a female friend from high school passed away after a long battle with leukemia (at age 18). I've always related a lot of that song to her - "far too pretty to die". Rock on.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: March 26, 2007 09:08

How come the Stones always ignore their best performances when it comes to releasing live albums? I've heard great things about the '81 tour, but I've heard horrid things about Still Life, which was supposed to be a look into that tour. And they still haven't released stuff from the '72 and '73 tours and Love You Live, although a great record, was chosen to document the '76 tour, apparently their worst tour.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: March 26, 2007 12:26

it's_all_wrong wrote:
>>But I've heard horrid things about Still Life>>

Better check for yourself. It's a great record, with a very exciting sound. People tend to exaggerate the quality of the not officialy released '81 shows.

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: March 26, 2007 13:50

I have always loved that album! I simply dig the rawness and unstructured r'n'r.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 26, 2007 15:47

It's an album for those who value the vibe...not an album for critical appraisal by non-believers ;^)

Lets put it that way .

Date: March 27, 2007 06:30

Thats what Drugs to the extreme will do!!! Need proof buy Pay Pack and Follow...Its the musical equvilant of two Monkeys trying to type a word on a key board. Keith and John phillips are whacked beyond belief.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home