Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: IORRian's amps
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: September 8, 2007 00:57

Oh, my, these collections make my 1982 - vintage Peavey Mark IV Bass combo (two 15" speakers) seem pedestrian, but it works for my early 80s Hamer bass (serial no 2-5101).

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 8, 2007 00:58

His Majesty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get your amps out!
>
> My two JMI - VOX amps, both in near mint
> condition...

I'd say: all you need more is a JMI Conqueror!

Mathijs

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 8, 2007 06:28

I've got an Ampeg V4 (not sure of the year, it has a master volume) head, an SVT with matching 8x10 cabinet, a Marshall JMP 100-watt head, a Traynor Bassmaster Mk II head, and a Marshall 4x12 slant cabinet. And a Squier 15-watt practice amp.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: September 8, 2007 11:36

Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 combo.

Fender Super 60 1x12 combo.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: rs1806 ()
Date: September 8, 2007 14:25

Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue... since one week. But unfortunately my guitar fell on the floor on the next day, and the neck is broken off. :-( Now I'm on the search for a new guitar. A Telecaster would be great, but I can only spend about 600-700 Euro. Any ideas? ;-)

Date: September 8, 2007 14:50

Yes get a Squier Affinity Tele. Sand off the logo. Put some Bare Knuckle Pile driver or Brown Sugar Pickups in it and change the string saddles for graph tech saddles. Probably about 480 Euros all in. I did one recently and every guitar player that I know asks what the hell I'm playing coz it sounds so good.

NickB

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 8, 2007 17:27

Mathijs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His Majesty Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Get your amps out!
> >
> > My two JMI - VOX amps, both in near mint
> > condition...
>
> I'd say: all you need more is a JMI Conqueror!
>
> Mathijs

Thank you Mathijs!!!

Date: October 25, 2007 00:17

1967 Vox Conqueror

In addition to the above, I now have these two great amps.

1967 Vox Supreme - mid to late 60's Triumph Silicon 100

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-25 00:26 by His Majesty.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: October 25, 2007 03:47

[drooling]

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 11, 2008 20:53

Lotsa great amps here!
I have a MusicMan 160W 4 speakers amp from the 70s - but I don't have any pictures. Quite funny - it blows away just about all other "big amps" I've tried even though it's ancient. Think Bob used it for Hard Rain broadcast in 1976.
Unfortunately it's gathering dust - as there's no band anymore, and I can't afford the electricity.

Does it look like this one, Erik?

...and can't ya tap someones electricity?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-11 20:59 by open-g.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 12, 2008 00:24

Hey thanks, open-g, that's the one! What a beauty
Never got it above the "4"er in volume, it's so damn loud. Good advice about the electricity....I'm afraid she might 'hear the crime being performed' tho'

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 12, 2008 07:57

Like the redoubtable open-g I too have a '93 Blues Deluxe but God almighty HM, you've got some draw dropping amplfication!

Date: January 12, 2008 14:59

Thanks!

Down to just the Vox Supreme and the Triumph silicon 100... But I am hoping to have a WEM Custom 15 soon! I've forgotten what it's like to play through a valve amp!

You can hear my Triumph here: [www.myspace.com]

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-12 15:10 by His Majesty.

Date: January 12, 2008 19:15

ChrisM
Like the redoubtable open-g I too have a '93 Blues Deluxe but God almighty HM, you've got some draw dropping amplfication!

[i10.tinypic.com]

That's a beautiful picture of the pair, Chris.

now I'm wondering why I am "redoubtable"confused smiley

Date: January 12, 2008 19:27

His Majesty
Thanks!

Down to just the Vox Supreme and the Triumph silicon 100... But I am hoping to have a WEM Custom 15 soon! I've forgotten what it's like to play through a valve amp!

You can hear my Triumph here: [www.myspace.com]

smoking smiley

Very nice sounds you're getting from the Triumph. I like the tremelo very much but the fuzz on it's own...well, lets say it this way - I'm not too keen about that.
but that's what opinions are for, I guess.
Do you use it fairly often?

Date: January 12, 2008 20:02

open-g

Very nice sounds you're getting from the Triumph. I like the tremelo very much but the fuzz on it's own...well, lets say it this way - I'm not too keen about that.
but that's what opinions are for, I guess.
Do you use it fairly often?

I can't use anything at the moment as I don't have a cab! I'm really trying to track down a 4x12 Vox Supreme cab, but that's proving to be an never ending task.

Not a fan of fuzz then? Hehehe, some folks love it, some hate it. It's not an effect I use all the time, but I like it and certainly find a use for it.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 12, 2008 22:57

open-g

That's a beautiful picture of the pair, Chris.

now I'm wondering why I am "redoubtable"confused smiley

Appy-polly-loggys open -g. My use of the word "redoubtable" was not really applicable. I meant to use it in the context of awe inspiring but esteemed would have suited better!

Posted by: Fingers ()
Date: January 13, 2008 11:24

Regarding the use of a TS 09...............I use a Bad Monkey.....much better than the Ibanez....in front of my bassman....with Keiths settings on the amp it is ...STUNNING......I use the Vox Valvetronix set to the Tweed Twin and the 2 played together they are awesome.......The Vox is the clean and the Bassman carries the dirt...........

My Tele's are both 5 strings....with Gibson pups in the neck.....on the left the Tele has a CS Nocaster 7.3k....and the Tele on the right has a Nocaster pup 10.2k.....from the Cunetto era.............The 335 is a Sheraton fitted with Gibson Classic and Classic+ pups

The pedals left to right are Marshall Reverb reflector...Digitech Bad Monkey....Boss TU2 tuner.

I know that Keith and his techy have messed around with different valves in their time......the standard valves in my set up are very good indeed........I am sure that they have also played around with different boosters over the years.......My sound is very much like his current live sound and that of the X-pensive Winos period....the sustain is 'wunnerful'

Date: January 14, 2008 15:09

I just won this WEM Custom 15 combo on ebay for 190 pounds. 8)

I'm expecting some warm cleans and some sweet crunch.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2008 15:39

1971 fender silverface twin reverb, 1962 fender brown super, 1998 fender prosonic

Date: January 20, 2008 16:33

My wem custom 15 arrived, lovely little amp...

Some sound clips here: [www.myspace.com]

Date: January 20, 2008 17:11

That sounds great! Do you need to dime it in order to get distortion? The speaker sounds a bit shaky once in a while by the way. Is it still in good shape?

Mathijs

Date: January 20, 2008 19:07

Mathijs
That sounds great! Do you need to dime it in order to get distortion? The speaker sounds a bit shaky once in a while by the way. Is it still in good shape?

Mathijs

I think it's more a case of the speaker being too fragile to handle a humbucking guitar and full volume.

Yeah the distortion comes from putting the instrument channels vol/tone to 10. The microphone channel distorts much earlier and has more gain when at full tilt, that's what I used for the lead on IWBYM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-20 21:51 by His Majesty.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 20, 2008 20:53

sounds great HM - congratulations to the pair of you for finding each other :E

Date: January 20, 2008 23:34

His Majesty
Mathijs

Mathijs

I think it's more a case of the speaker being too fragile to handle a humbucking guitar and full volume.

And here the reason why about all amps from the '50's and '60's have changed speakers -they weren't made to blast at full volume!

Sure sounds great that amp, gotta find one as well!

Mathijs

Date: January 21, 2008 00:41

That sounds absolutely gorgeous. That tone. Oh wow. & you can play real nice. 190 is a bargain my friendgrinning smiley!!

NickB

Date: January 21, 2008 01:14

Mathijs

And here the reason why about all amps from the '50's and '60's have changed speakers -they weren't made to blast at full volume!

Sure sounds great that amp, gotta find one as well!

Mathijs

Any suggestions for a replacement? I'm not sure what the ohm is.

NickB
That sounds absolutely gorgeous. That tone. Oh wow. & you can play real nice. 190 is a bargain my friendgrinning smiley!!

Thank you very much! Oops, I typed an error, it was 290, still a nice price!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 21, 2008 02:04

... not my guitar, I "play" harp and the Fender Mini '57 Twin-Amp is plenty for me...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 21, 2008 03:11

His Majesty
Some sound clips here: [www.myspace.com]

Great sounds, and some very nice weaving in the first example!

Date: February 6, 2008 10:53

Just got a matching cab for my Vox Supreme...

smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home