Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Van Halen at the Hall of Fame
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 13, 2007 14:02

What a fin joke!! Are you tellin me that those other 3 pansies couldn't put aside their differences for 1 hour to be inducted??! I am so ashamed that I like their music - not that I was planning on going to see them live. I don't like them that much, but I couldn't believe the rest of the band was a no-show.

Re: Van Halen at the Hall of Fame
Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: March 13, 2007 14:17

Sammy and Mike showed

RELAX

First, Roth has not been in the band for a while
Alex anit going ANYWHERE without Ed
Gary was not even invited to the party (Mike was nothing but class when he gave his speach and included Cherone)

don't be ashamed. SHIT the sex pistols didn't show up at all... NONE OF THEM and I love them even more because of it. I enjoy VH in or out of the HOF and with or without drama

DRAMA goes with rock... or have you never read a book about the rolling stones?

Date: March 13, 2007 14:23

RadioMarv,
Sorry - I wasn't dissing Michael & Sammy. They were nothing but class IMO. But I do wonder if in fact Eddie's even in Rehab or if that was just is lame excuse to get out of the whole thing. Either way I don't care, and I have a new found disrespect for this band's other 3 members.

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: March 13, 2007 14:33

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RadioMarv,
> Sorry - I wasn't dissing Michael & Sammy. They
> were nothing but class IMO. But I do wonder if in
> fact Eddie's even in Rehab or if that was just is
> lame excuse to get out of the whole thing. Either
> way I don't care, and I have a new found
> disrespect for this band's other 3 members.

I see

I don't know how old you are, I am 38
I come from the first generation of VH fans,
lived thru a ton of drama with this band. many breakups, solo efforts, Eddie on a Micheal Jackson... Dave, Sam, Gary, Dave, Sam, Dave???

what I am saying is, music aside.... I found disrespect for VH a LONG time ago.

Date: March 13, 2007 15:06

LOL - That's true RadioMarv!! I'm 31. Got into VH w/ Finish What Ya Started...I too found disrespect long ago. Just didn't think it could get to this level. lmao

Re: Van Halen at the Hall of Fame (SHAME)
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: March 13, 2007 16:48

This band is probably the biggest American Rock band disaster ever...even Aerosmith were able to pick themselves up out of the gutter (literally) and rejuvenate their career in the mid 80's with some seriously successful records.

VAN HALEN should have been in the top 5 American Rock Bands of all time...but as the years go by...they are becoming more and more of a snap shot of the 80's...

Sorry but true.

PECMAN

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 13, 2007 17:03

I don't know what to think -- Michael and Sammy seemed to honored to be there, and showed real dignity and class. But Velvet Revolver -- what a train wreck. And while I can understand Eddie and Alex's situation, DLR is an idiot (whoa! news flash!).

Date: March 13, 2007 17:22

You know what they need...they need Irving Azoff to manager them and treat them like the school childeren they are...look Irving managed to get the Eagles back on stage together which everyone said would never happen and it has hung together since their reunion in 1994.

HELL FREEZES OVER AGAIN - The Van Halen Renioun Tour Presented By Irving Azoff!

Yeah right...the best of the best wouldn't be able to put this Humpty Dumpty together again!

PECMAN

Date: March 13, 2007 17:33

the performance by Michael and Sammy was NO DOUBT the worst they've ever done.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: March 13, 2007 20:06

Hey, don't forget to include 'guns n roses' in the top A listers of disfunctional US bands.

I lost all respect for VH when DLR left. Became to POP for me. BUT the bands first few albums and first few tours were excellent-still play VH1

Date: March 13, 2007 20:35

JJFlash73,

Yes you are right...Guns N Roses may have thrown away more than VH.

Pecman

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: March 13, 2007 20:52

jjflash73 Wrote:
> Hey, don't forget to include 'guns n roses' in the
> top A listers of disfunctional US bands.
>
> I lost all respect for VH when DLR left. Became to
> POP for me. BUT the bands first few albums and
> first few tours were excellent-still play VH1

There first few tours were horrible,the sound was so bad and detorted you could not even here what song they were playing throughout the whole show,not just the first couple of tunes! But if your talking about seeing them at high school parties in Huntington beach and pasadena in the late 70's now that's a different story they were great. Last night showed what true LOSERS they really are what a disgrace.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: March 13, 2007 21:01

Pecman Wrote:
> JJFlash73,
>
> Yes you are right...Guns N Roses may have thrown
> away more than VH.
>
> Pecman

i think so too. VH's *impact* is limited to their first release: eruption, ya really got me, runnin' with the devil, and ain't talkin' bout love....when eruption came out, it floored EVERYONE i knew in high school. the flip side to that of course, 30 years of hammer-on madness yngie-malmsteen types. eddie never topped that brief minute on the debut. him and roth will probably regret not showing up for the rest of their lives. that said, i will always give EVH props for that first record.

GnR- well, i can't stand axl's voice, but their eventual R&R HOF induction promises to be just as high on melodrama too, huh?

Posted by: czr ()
Date: March 14, 2007 00:27

Much respect,

to Micheal & Sammy for showing up. Actions speak louder than words. I think a reuion of all the Van Halen members should be considered. (minus Gary)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm pro Dave. Like Kiss with the make up, I'd much rather heard early VH than Hagar-VH. But it's all great music. Really listen to that stuff Hagar did & compare it to every band but the eary VH. It's good.
Here's what I would love to see. A Van Halen tour with both Hager & Roth. Wolfgang maybe doing one or two tunes but no more. Lol
Hagar could go on first with the band. 15-20 min break & then Dave could come out & do all the old tunes The encore could one of the best jams ever, everyone on stage doing the cover's "You Really Got Me", "Dancing in the Streets" & "Pretty Woman" with the two singers sharing vocals & taking turns with the verses. If only I was Micheal Cohl............smiling smiley

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 14, 2007 02:21

I'm just tired of all the drama. Leave that to the soap operas. It's time to f-ing rock!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2007 02:26

winter Wrote:
> Pecman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > JJFlash73,
> >
> > Yes you are right...Guns N Roses may have
> thrown
> > away more than VH.
> >
> > Pecman
>
>
> i think so too. VH's *impact* is limited to their
> first release: eruption, ya really got me, runnin'
> with the devil, and ain't talkin' bout
> love....when eruption came out, it floored
> EVERYONE i knew in high school. the flip side to
> that of course, 30 years of hammer-on madness
> yngie-malmsteen types. eddie never topped that
> brief minute on the debut. him and roth will
> probably regret not showing up for the rest of
> their lives. that said, i will always give EVH
> props for that first record.
>
> GnR- well, i can't stand axl's voice, but their
> eventual R&R HOF induction promises to be just as
> high on melodrama too, huh?

I realized that even more last night when Guns & Roses..........er.............Velvet Revolver played. Kind of a slap in the face to Sammy & Michael to not let them jam with them instead of the house band......And was Velvet Revolver in on the jam at the end? I didn't see them.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: March 14, 2007 03:30

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:

>
>
> I realized that even more last night when Guns &
> Roses..........er.............Velvet Revolver
> played. Kind of a slap in the face to Sammy &
> Michael to not let them jam with them instead of
> the house band......And was Velvet Revolver in on
> the jam at the end? I didn't see them.

Wow, that must have felt like a kick in the face. I meant every one knows how to play one VH song. Sammy & Micheal could have dedicated a tune to the rest of the band "This goes out to Alex, Dave & Eddie come guys, cut the s@%t & make this happen!" smiling smiley

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 14, 2007 11:20

Velvet Revolver is one suck-ass band. Slash is great, and Duff I always tip my hat to. But they are both cats. They are not chief writers. Slash wrote when paired with Axl. Weiland...I don't know. He did a solo album that I thought was real intersting. He blew the roof off the place when he sat in at that Cindy Lauper show on VHS a while back. But he is so embarrassing with VR. They can not write and even when they doing someone else's songs they manage to butcher it so badly that it coms out like an unrecognizable pile of crap. Liked the drummer back on Use your Illusion; he now is one of those comfrotable drummers - like Bonham, the son. And the extra memeber in VR...??? he reminds me of their version of John Oates.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 14, 2007 15:40

> VH's *impact* is limited to their
> first release.

Bullsh*t. they grabbed the MTV generation by the horns with 1984. I've been waiting to see VH w/ DLR since I has a kid watching Toronto Rocks. I wanted one of those black tour shirts with white sleeves and a big VH on the front! And I'd never heard a note of the first LP then.

Plus the 'only-Sammy-LP-that-matters' (For Unlawful...) was a HUGE hit, and the song/video for 'Right Now' had an inpact on us Gen-Xers, too. Their first LP may have been their biggest impact, sure, but NOT their only one.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: March 14, 2007 18:30

JaggerFan Wrote:
> > VH's *impact* is limited to their
> > first release.
>
> Bullsh*t. they grabbed the MTV generation by the
> horns with 1984. I've been waiting to see VH w/
> DLR since I has a kid watching Toronto Rocks. I
> wanted one of those black tour shirts with white
> sleeves and a big VH on the front! And I'd never
> heard a note of the first LP then.
>
> Plus the 'only-Sammy-LP-that-matters' (For
> Unlawful...) was a HUGE hit, and the song/video
> for 'Right Now' had an inpact on us Gen-Xers, too.
> Their first LP may have been their biggest impact,
> sure, but NOT their only one.

you said it!
i rather see Roth than Hagar although Van Halen became way more successful with Hagar

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 14, 2007 18:45

Is it me or is it only americans who give a rats arse about VH??

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 14, 2007 18:46

I'm not American.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 14, 2007 18:49

Ok, all americans bar me ol mucker JaggerFan......

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: March 14, 2007 19:59

I love Van Halen and I'm from Italy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home