Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
BEING MICK DVD VIDEO
Date: March 5, 2007 04:16

I just saw being mick film which came out in 2001, i must say that it 's good to have an insight of mick. however, i think it's too short, and it portrais mick as not so tough kind of a character.

the film shows the "pussy" side of mick, playing with the kids, being told what to do by lenny kravitz and other no name rappers.

he should have shown the side of him flirting with young women, being a play boy, try to get 18 year old broads in to bed.

does anybody think the same way about the video?

Re: BEING MICK DVD VIDEO
Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 5, 2007 04:25

I had the feeling it was meant that way. Showing a month or so of his life.
Wasn't it talk about doing the same with other stars as well.
Agree with you, way too short. But others who just know Mick as another singer probably thought it was long enough.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: March 5, 2007 04:44

wildbillclintongranata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> he should have shown the side of him flirting with
> young women, being a play boy, try to get 18 year
> old broads in to bed.
>

why? if i wanna see that, i'll watch any movie that jack nicholson's been in in the last twenty years . . .

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: March 5, 2007 05:14

Wow, it's sad to think that playing with your kids makes you a "pussy." I'd say it's something that makes you a man.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: March 5, 2007 05:46

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
> Wow, it's sad to think that playing with your kids
> makes you a "pussy." I'd say it's something that
> makes you a man.

I agree--I thought that was kind of a bizarre way of putting it. I enjoyed the glimpse of that aspect of his life, obviously very controlled, but still pretty different and therefore interesting.

Date: March 5, 2007 06:19

no, i got the impression that he can be very lonley.......he goes into a studio to record, then what? sees his kids once in a while.....but not girlfriend/s??????

perhaps he is not the stud that we all think he is. perhaps it's hard even for mick jagger to bang different chicks everynight....... perhaps he is not hugh heff, perhaps he is no fabio, perhaps he is no tom cruisoe, or justin timberlake ( by the way, he banged, britney, diaz, etc.......) or julio iglesias ( who banged ana kornikova!!!!!) , perhaps he is just a grandpa whith a perveted mind, who likes to grope.....??? dirty old man?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 5, 2007 08:23

If you imagine Steve Martin or Dan Aykroyd doing their old SNL "Wild and Crazy Guys" voices reading the above post, it's actually pretty funny.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 5, 2007 10:53

Hey Wild Bill, do you know how many drugs + alcohol you need to spend ANYTIME at all with stupid 18 yr old girls? They are the biggest no brain pains in the ass in the world.... What kind of little boy fantasy world do you live in? Maybe YOU need to get out and experience these things yourself. Don't live your life through some guy on a DVD, make it happen in your own life mate and let Mick worry about Mick. And please don't have kids, spending a lot of time with your children is not being a PUSSY, if more men did it MAYBE this world wouldn't be so f*cked up - God knows it's about as bad as it can get.....

Date: March 5, 2007 10:57

easy, i was just wondering, that's all.

mick image that i have is the mick that is over 60 and still bang 18-25 year old chicks........ too see him so lonely, makes me wonder...that's all.

when you have to take to a social cocktail party your own daugther as a date...that's pretty sad.........

maybe he is just like these dude claiming to have been with over 1000 women.....they are just full of it.....wilt chambairlain, enrique iglesias...these dues who have claimed to have banged over 1000 broads......maybe mick is just this little sweet guy????

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 5, 2007 11:34

What utter nonsense. I'd say it's pretty cool for father and daughter to go out together. They are not on a "date". It is 60-year-olds going out with 18-year-olds that is sad.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: March 5, 2007 11:37

"Banging" 18 year old "broads"? What is it 1957 again? A ring-a-ding-ding!

The best part of Being Mick without a doubt was Jerry giving him such shit about the whole project and that stuff making it in the film!

That and of course that closet full of old Stones tapes. God knows what treasures lay therein!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 5, 2007 15:09

He's a business man who happens to be a musician so Being Mick is like that and not a retread of Performance. Being Mick was just a glorified promo for Goddess In The Doorway any way.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 5, 2007 15:51

wildbillclintongranata Wrote:
> I just saw being mick film which came out in 2001,
> i must say that it 's good to have an insight of
> mick. however, i think it's too short, and it
> portrais mick as not so tough kind of a
> character.
>
> the film shows the "pussy" side of mick, playing
> with the kids, being told what to do by lenny
> kravitz and other no name rappers.
>
> he should have shown the side of him flirting with
> young women, being a play boy, try to get 18 year
> old broads in to bed.
>
> does anybody think the same way about the video?

wildbillclintongranata,

You can't believe everything you read. This, like all 'reality tv' or record-company-backed videos is 100% contrived. It's filmed, editied and presented in a deliberate fashion, as is anything released about this band.

However, plenty about this band over the decades is 'P.R.' and business - (ie, contrived) - including their image from day one. It's called business. The 'image' of playboy Mick has been outdated almost as long as it's counterpart which existed in reality.

Perhaps you would have preferred to see this side of Mick to give you a sense that he's still a 'party' man. Well, I guess Mick, his record company, the writeres, the director and the various network publicists decided not to create it for that particluar project.

You can sample some of this "Mick" with selected lyrics found in "A Bigger Bang". The four-letter-word quota and various female body-part allusions are accountaed for. After all, it's only rock'n'roll, proper calcualations withstanding...

Posted by: twenny revlights ()
Date: March 5, 2007 17:42

This vid shows Mick at a very delicate moment, trying to get
a reasonable settlement of his relationship with Jerry, both
financially and emotionally. Thus it was very much in his
interest to not make Jerry feel bad by parading a bunch of
babes in front of her and the kids In other words, it was
very smart of him to be on his best behavior at this point
in his life, and it worked. Jerry dumped the vicious
Hollywood lawyer she had hired and agreed to a reasonable
settlement. On the other hand, if one looks closely while
watching this vid, even though it would not be for a couple
more years until Mick's new relationship was made public,
L'wren is already in the picture. You can see the back of
her head when they're in Florida, and a nice full body shot
of her when Mick's premiering his movie Enigma with the Prince
of Wales. Mick was not being angelic, just discrete, and L'wren
was making it all possible. What a great girlfriend.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 5, 2007 19:46

Hmmmm....lots of cynicism on this thread.

I thought BEING MICK was very insightful.
I've never thought that Mick was in ROCK STAR MODE all the time (24/7).
I was glad to see his sense of humor and his family life etc...

I'm guessing that WILDBILL (starter of this thread) also thinks Gene Simmons is dressed (& acts) like the KISS deamon character all of the time too.

Mick is an artist/performer & businessman....and also a father, son, brother etc...
He's said in interviews that the rock & roll costumes & staging are necessary for him to play the part...to perform...to be the cocky, sexy rock star.

IMO...we saw the real off-stage Mick. It didn't seem that he was putting on an act...and the people around him (family & musicians etc...) seemed to accept Mick's behavior as...the norm.

The only one that seemed to "act" for the camera (IMO) was Bono.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 5, 2007 19:57

wildbillclintongranata,

Being Mick was about Mick Jagger, and I thought was pretty good. For what you're looking for suggest you check out Being Bill Clinton.

(sorry, somebody had to say it)

Date: March 5, 2007 20:17

sweet neo con...

good reply, as usual.
My points weren't so much that what happening in front of the camera is fake. In fact, I'm sure the majority of it was indeed natural, off the cuff stuff.

Where the objective angle is applied, though, is all in the editing - what they choose for us to see.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 5, 2007 22:42

I have always thought that Mick Jagger 'in reality' is quite ordinary, even boring bloke (compared to his fame and image which he plays in public so well), so what I saw in Being Mick was no big surprise. Like Jaggerfan said above, they decided to show a bit of that 'real' Mick for the audience now.

But it would be VERY interesting to see BEING KEEF - now there is even bigger, and even mythical image in which people really seem to believe that there really exists a person to fit this image. It would be very interesting to see the man in his library, riding his bike, going to church with family, and always start acting the old keef-pirate role when he is public, giving interviews,and getting drunk to pass the Pirates of Caribbean-movie scene because he is so nervous, etc.

I think we will never see THAT film...

"Guys, whatever you do, don't grow up gracefully, that wouldn't suit for ya..."

- Doxa

Date: March 5, 2007 23:44

That's because when he's not animated, he's in a coffin.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 6, 2007 00:18

I'm just waiting for the all-access docu, "Being Charlie"

lol...that'd be great.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: March 6, 2007 01:12

It's really sad that some people expect his private life to match that of his public image. I actually find it part of his charm that he's a great father and that he does mundane things during his day. If it was party party party party sleep work party, I don't think I'd like or respect him as much as I do.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 6, 2007 01:47

Natlanta Wrote:
> For what you're looking for I suggest you check out Being Bill Clinton.
> (sorry, somebody had to say it)

- no, not really....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-06 01:52 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: stonedstone ()
Date: March 6, 2007 02:09

The GR Wrote:
> He's a business man who happens to be a musician
> so Being Mick is like that and not a retread of
> Performance. Being Mick was just a glorified
> promo for Goddess In The Doorway any way.

You're absolutely right! I agree!

"all the rum i want to drink it, and all the whisky too!"

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 6, 2007 02:21

jerry hall is such a moron for even being in the movie, it was only a few years after mick humiliated her by having a baby with another woman while still married, the ultimate humiliation, she should have told mick to stick his movie up his arse, but that being said i think being mick is very good

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: March 6, 2007 03:15

I liked the video, but the music really sucked. He's playing the horrible songs on the acoustic guitar. Stuff like "brand New Set of Rules." They should have had Keith do the sound track.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 6, 2007 03:51

but that would have benn being mick n keith ,lol

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: March 6, 2007 04:28

I belive that the point of the video was at least partially to advertise/support his new album, so of course they are going to use that music.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: March 6, 2007 04:44

really?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 6, 2007 05:17

Slimharpo Wrote:
> really?

Well yeah...the whole docu was ABOUT the making of the album practically. That was the main thread running throughout the whole thing. Mick recording, Mick writing, Mick traveling to record with other artists...everything else like him being a family man was inbetween all that.

Date: March 6, 2007 08:42

well, we can all agree that mick perhaps is just a phony playboy, who in reality is not as great of a player as he wants us to think.

i rember watching an interview with bill whyman, and he described mick as very hard when it comes to business, but very soft in the inside...just like a turtle.

maybe this is mick's real side?

and if you think about it, if he is this playboy banging 18 year old broads left and right, why does he only have 7 children????

why did he have to settle for lwren, who looks like the wife in the adams family....lwren is not atractive at all, and she's no 18 year old broad!!!!!

also, why on the bigger bang tour, mick wasn't with 18 year old models when he was in rio and buenos aires?????

did he lose his game????

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home