Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck's the man!
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: February 9, 2007 16:52

Rolling Stones keyboardist treats U.S. state lawmakers to a tune Canadian Press
Published: Thursday, February 08, 2007 Article tools
Printer friendly

Font: * * * * ATLANTA (AP) - There is usually no clapping allowed on the floor of the Georgia House.

But legislative leaders made an exception Thursday when Chuck Leavell, the Rolling Stones keyboardist, treated lawmakers to a version of "Georgia On My Mind" in the House chamber.

Before playing the piano, Leavell was greeted with a standing ovation by lawmakers who applauded his conservation work.

He has turned an 800-hectare plantation near Macon, Ga., into a model tree farm that raises Southern yellow pine for use in homes and paper products. He has won the Georgia Tree Farmer of the Year Award several times and has written a book on the history of the American forest.

"We are the breadbasket of the world for wood," he told lawmakers, "and we want to keep it that way."

Leavell, who is from Alabama, has been a keyboard player for artists such as the Allman Brothers Band, Eric Clapton and George Harrison. He got his start in forestry with a correspondence course while touring with the Fabulous Thunderbirds

Re: Chuck's the man!
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 9, 2007 16:56

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: February 9, 2007 17:05

no.....keefstheman

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 9, 2007 20:51

Excellent!

Congratulations to Chuck and his family!

Date: February 9, 2007 20:55

I met Chuck briefly in the Rattlesnake Inn - Halifax last September. He was kind and gracious.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 9, 2007 22:35

He is a gentleman....Chuck, if you're reading this, remember that night in 1981, when you were performing at The Pier in Raleigh with Sea Leavell and the Randall Bramlett Band? You still owe me $2.50.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 9, 2007 22:41

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is a gentleman....Chuck, if you're reading
> this, remember that night in 1981, when you were
> performing at The Pier in Raleigh with Sea Leavell
> and the Randall Bramlett Band? You still owe me
> $2.50.

How much would he owe you if you charged him interest? Maybe enough to buy a tree farm, or at least a half acre of small shrubs. Why does he owe you $2.50, let's hear the story.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 9, 2007 23:11

in reply to ohno:

Chuck wanted a beer at the bar between sets....I offered to buy him one because it seemed like he was having trouble getting the bartender's attention. It was a Heineken. He said "I'll pay you back," and winked.....of course, he didn't know who I was, I was just a long haired hippy sitting at the bar.....I'm not gonna charge him interest.....I just want the $2.50.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-09 23:25 by Lukester.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: February 9, 2007 23:56

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is a gentleman....Chuck, if you're reading
> this, remember that night in 1981, when you were
> performing at The Pier in Raleigh with Sea Leavell
> and the Randall Bramlett Band? You still owe me
> $2.50.

So.. what's that w/ inflation?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home