Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
RIP Colin Russell 2007
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 4, 2007 19:55

A good friend of mine and avid Stones fan, Colin Russell, passed away last week. He was a fund of knowlege of everything Stones and a great guy. The first concert I went to with him was San Jose on April 19, 1999 where he got me a pass so I could stand in front of the front row and the last one I got him front row tickets off the floor on Ronnie's side at the 11/20/05 concert in Fresno where I threw roses onto the stage. He was hoping to get to 100 concerts, I think he made it to about 95. I know he'll be humming Can You Hear Me Knocking when he gets to the pearly gates. RIP Colin, we'll be throwing roses on your grave. Sarah, aka Sparkly Top

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 03:58 by bv.

Re: RIP Colin Russell
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2007 20:00

Thats always sad to read. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 4, 2007 20:50

hey sarah.....it sounds like Colin was a great friend...it's nice of you to share your memories with us.....peace sister

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 4, 2007 21:04

Rest in peace, Colin.

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: February 4, 2007 21:36

sarah__Sounds like you were a special friend, and thanks for sharing. Condolences.

Date: February 4, 2007 22:37

thanks everyone for all your kinds words.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2007 00:22

Sad to read Sarah
May he rest in peace...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: February 5, 2007 07:25

Truth is stranger then fiction,Sarah, i'm glad you got that show,i sent you and saw it the night before Colin died. RIP Colin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 07:47 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: February 5, 2007 07:32

My sympathy...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 5, 2007 07:46

Condolences to your friend from the frigid side of upstate NY.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 5, 2007 10:02

my sympathies

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 5, 2007 12:29

Sorry to hear about your friend, Sara

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 5, 2007 12:41

So sad to lose a friend wish you strenght.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 5, 2007 13:04

Sad to hear sarah, best wishes to you and rip colin.

Date: February 7, 2007 13:22

crstones~ I knew him very well, we went to 4 ABB shows together. He got us killer seats for both Philly shows Oct 10 & 12, 2005 and both MSG shows JAN 18 & 20th, 2006. Very sad news that he is gone, so sad and untimely because he was too young to die, he was 53 but he looked much younger. He lived in San Diego, and his final show was LA in November. He was very ill then and was given special treatment. His goal was to see 100 Stones shows, and he reached 95 or 96, a respectable number of Stones concerts, so maybe he'll catch the last few in Rock & Roll heaven, where he is, because he was such a long time life long fan. He attended KEEF & Patti's wedding, and he took pics of the band during the early 80's which he sold and they were published in a book. I post the book and his picture. RIP Colin, you will be missed!

Posted by: stillcrying ()
Date: February 7, 2007 20:19

Colin was my uncle and I'm glad he ment so much to so many people. He died the way he lived listing to the Rolling Stones. To the best of my knowlage he made it to 98 shows. Now its up to all of you to attend 2 more shows for him.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 7, 2007 20:25

I'm on it, stillcrying......I'm hoping you change your name one day....

Date: February 7, 2007 22:32

Stillcrying was it you who answered Colin's cell phone the other day when I called? Could you please email me at EllenDandrowC21@hotmail.com, there is something I would like to ask you. It's important, thanks.

Date: February 7, 2007 22:43

I just got back from Colin's service and memorial at the race track (!). It was so great to meet all his friends and family. His Mom asked me and I promised to go to those next two shows (99 and 100) for him so he could make his 100. I certainly will do that. I am so happy for all the posts and the photos. Bitchkeepsbitchin - I was so thrilled he got to the Dodger's Stadium show - do you know how a copy of his book can be obtained? thanks. Sarah

PS stillcrying - did I meet you yesterday? I know I met one of his nieces. Sarah

Date: February 8, 2007 01:34

sarahunwin no I don't think I met you yesterday. I think you met my sister. My Grandma was very happy that you said you would go to the concerts.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 8, 2007 02:58

It is very sad to hear of the passing of a great Rolling Stones fan. As well as someone who appeared to be a very well loved man. My condolences to all of his family and friends. Rest assured all of us together will make up those last two shows for him.

FP

Date: February 8, 2007 04:16

Hey, Stillcrying, can I write to your grandma at Colin's old address? I would love to send her a copy of this thread. You can also e-mail me directly at sgcub@comcast.net

Cheers, Sarah

Posted by: GottaHaveHim ()
Date: February 8, 2007 04:43

stillcrying Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Colin was my uncle and I'm glad he ment so much to
> so many people. He died the way he lived listing
> to the Rolling Stones. To the best of my knowlage
> he made it to 98 shows. Now its up to all of you
> to attend 2 more shows for him.

Hi, stillcrying! Your Uncle was a wonderfull man, I met him at a concert in Philly. He was such a kind, generous person, and he will be missed by many!
He made my dream come true, back in 2002, when I was trying to get tickets to see the Stones in NYC, and they where sold out. He got me 2 tickets!
I'll never forget him,
Linda {GOTTAHAVEHIM}

"It's allright letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back."
~Mick Jagger~

Date: February 8, 2007 07:41

Thank you all so much it means so much to my family to know how much people cared about him.

ps... sarahunwin yes you can write to my grandma at the same address or you can call her directly hit me up for my phone number velvethands1@aol.com

Date: February 8, 2007 07:51

Oh by the way I have all Colins negitives of the Stones I will start putting them up as I can get them printed.

Date: February 8, 2007 19:32

I just ordered a copy of Love You Live from Amazon.com. Waiting for delivery.

Date: February 8, 2007 22:31

I just found his copy of Love You Live.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 8, 2007 23:04

Sorry to hear of your terrible loss.

Last nite, I read Colin's story in Love You Live--obviously a tremondous Stones fan and it is apparent reading the book that he was a great guy and clearly possessed a great sense of humor. I think the term is "Bon Vivant". Not to mention extremely resourceful when it came to getting a great spot to view his favorite band.

Date: February 11, 2007 15:11

Colin had some very good friends in Germany named Kandelhoff (sp?) and Hendrik Mulder. I was wondering if they post here on IORR.

Bumping up for Kandelhoff and Hendrik,and if anyone knows thm please tell them about Colin.

Date: February 11, 2007 22:13

Yes, I remember him talking about them and being very excited when they came over to the US to go to concerts with him.... hope someone may have contact info to let them know. Sarah

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home