Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: SHATTERED
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 15:53

it's_all_wrong
When I first heard it, I thought it was the worst song I ever heard, but all it took was time for me to grow to love it and recognize it as a Stones classic.

I left this song off a custom 8-track, yes 8 track, that I made of Some Girls. It slowly grew on me. I enjoyed the 05 version at Fenway - but 78 is hard to beat. Jagger played his punk best during that tour.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 23, 2010 17:22

with a bit more tempo, they should defenitly play it again! I love the song!
But it would be fun if they could play it like it sounds on Some Girls, @#$%& unbelivable cool song!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 23, 2010 17:25

I think there was a broadcast version from the opening night of ABB and it sounded great.I was surprised by the guitar heavy sound of those earlier shows.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-23 17:35 by straycatuk.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 19:04

Love this song! Many on this board hate it. It is very different from much of the material past and present. More punk sound than anything. Still, sounds great and a great closer to a great, DIFFERENT album, in Some Girls.

Personally, I love it when they play it live, but it needs to be played fast. I love the '78 version. When I saw them play it in Philly in '81 and '89 it was great and just the right tempo. Since then, it has been somewhat of a bore on the Voodoo Lounge tour and others since.

I hope they dig it out again as a representative of their punk music days of the late 70's. This tune, along with Respectable are much better representatives of the Some Girls era than Miss You or even Beast of Burden.

BTW, the Stones did play Shattered one night in '89(Opening Night in Philly). The power cut out on the second to last line of the song and the Stones never played it again that tour, but most of you knew that already.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 24, 2010 03:09

it was the song that got me into the Stones - I saw them perform it on SNL and went out and bought Some Girls the next day. I still love it!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 24, 2010 03:17

I'm not one for using too many guitar effects/pedals but was at the store some time ago and played around with the Phaser and played the Shattered riff---chills!

A great song and always has me glued to the band WHENEVER they play it. I rather enjoyed it on "Shine A Light" also. Wish Ronnie would beef up that middle guitar part---he hasn't played it right in years. But Mick almost always steals the show with this song.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 29, 2010 17:01

Ronnie played it right on the Voodoo tour. But the Bang tour, for whatever reason, he played a little bit of lead and then riffs.

Mick's singing of it on the Bang tour flat out sucks - just monotone talking.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 29, 2010 17:09

I love this version, in particular, because I have the boot (Sparks Will Fly). Great playing by Charlie, nice solo from Ronnie, everything flows nice, not too fast. The backing vox suck but the guitar playing is excellent:

Here is the infamous 'If the band is tired it's because they were fukcing all night' Shattered from the SOME GIRLS tour, which is pretty good and I love Jagger's delivery:

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home