Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who's from Canada
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 30, 2007 07:56

Are there any fellow Canucks on this board except me? I'm from BC where are you from?

Re: Who's from Canada
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 30, 2007 08:07

Hope BC CANADA. Several others from out East as well as a couple from Vancouver and Vancouver Island, if I recall correctly.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 30, 2007 08:14

Got a question for the BC Canandians, where's the best area to get an apartment in Vancouver? A place that has a ton of bars, clubs, cafes, and Restaurants and charm that you can WALK To? I hear GASTOWN'S the place, is it?...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 30, 2007 08:22

Yaletown, which is near BC Place and GM Place is a pretty trendy neighborhood. Biggest problem would be finding an apartment that's affordable. Housing prices have shot up in Vancouver over the last several years and now with the Winter Olympics upcoming, it's getting harder to find affordable housing, whether purchasing or renting.
Average house in Vancouver now is probably around $750k. I believe the average house in BC was assessed around 25% higher this year compared to last.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: January 30, 2007 08:27

Not from Canada, but I will say this, after accounting for hometown bias with respect to NY, Montreal is my favorite city in North America--love it.

Toronto is also excellent, but, to me feels pretty close to the US. Montreal is a whole different experience. And home to some of the most beautiful women in the world, which I do not hold against it.

Date: January 30, 2007 08:40

Yeah, I haven't been to Montreal for ages but there was A LOT of beautiful babes there - I remember that.... Must go again soon....

As far as Vancouver goes I know what you mean about the prices DGA35. There's a great site- [www.vancouverlofts.com] (could be [www.loftsvancouver.com] if the first one doesn't work) that I used to go on all the time.The lofts were cheaper and the US Dollar was much stronger but all that has changed in the last few years. Still may need to make "Escape Plans".... Canada's got the right attitude about A LOT of things IMHO.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2007 10:25

GIANT WHORE.....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 30, 2007 11:27

LOL Rockman, yeah, there's a few in Vancouver. Me and John Howard already have them sussed out......You in on it? We can get one more interested, no problemo.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2007 13:14

Arrrrrr yeah HelterSkelter Giant Whore goes way back
before your time....One of the greatest Ladies of IORR...sadly missed...

But if your cooking with JH...then that's gotta be bad

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: January 30, 2007 13:54

Georgetown, Ontario boy here.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 30, 2007 14:25

Belleville, Ontario, Canada

150 KM East of Toronto

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2007 14:47

Wayne Gretzky, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Tim Hortons, Stones rehearsals ... lots of great people and stuff coming from Canada. And for me, the tour started and ended in Canada - from Toronto to Vancouver. So far...

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 30, 2007 15:27

Yeah BV but they never went back to Toronto to do another show as they have for many tours. They did the rehearsals, club and one arena show and that was it. Very disappointing.

On a bad note Canada has a lot of crappy music. They have to continually play it too. Except for BTO, The Guess Who, Neil Young, Tom Cochran etc... I occasionally listen to a station out of Toronto. Love John Derringer. 107.1. I live in Buffalo, NY.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: January 30, 2007 15:45

Montreal- greatest City in the world. (trust me).

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2007 15:47

Canada is the single country oustide USA where they performed most shows. Just take a look at the list. From East to West. It is impressing. You most be living in a strange world if you complain about the Stones touring living in Canada. And they did in fact perform at the Rogers Centre on Sep 26 in front of some 60,000 people. So Toronto is getting rehearsals for weeks, a club show, and a real stadium show. Nothing less. Yes. Nothing to complain about indeed!

July/August 2005 Rehearsals Toronto Canada
Wed Aug 10 2005 Phoenix Concert Theatre Toronto, Ontario Canada 1,000
Sun Aug 28 2005 Lansdowne ParkOttawa, ON Canada 40,000
Sat Sep 03 2005 Magnetic Hill Moncton, New Brunswick Canada 85,000
Mon Sep 26 2005 Rogers Centre Toronto, ON Canada 60,000
Fri Oct 28 2005 Pengrowth Saddledome Calgary, Alberta Canada 15,000
Tue Jan 10 2006 Centre Bell Montreal, QC Canada 15,000
Sat Sep 23 2006 Halifax Commons Halifax, NS Canada 50,000
Fri Oct 06 2006 Mosaic Stadium (Taylor Field) Regina, SK Canada 40,000
Sun Oct 08 2006 Mosaic Stadium (Taylor Field) Regina, SK Canada 40,000
Sat Nov 25 2006 BC Place Vancouver, BC Canada 51,000

Bjornulf

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: January 30, 2007 16:21

originally from Toronto...Moved to NYC in '85

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 30, 2007 17:35

I would avoid Gastown unless you are a tourist or a street person. Lots of junkies and the area is OK during the day but not great at night. Yaleown is nice or the west end near English Bay would be a good place to live with the beach, Stanley Park and lots of bars and restaurants.

Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: January 30, 2007 17:58

I live in Campbell River B.C. It is located about halfway up Vancouver Island on the east coast side. Great place to live ... especially with all the BC bud that is always available .... especially when you grow your own. :-)

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: January 30, 2007 18:14

Q107 used to be a great station here in Toronto but it sucks now. That Classic Rock format where they take the top ten hits from every rock artist from the sixties and seventies and play them over and over and over and over again drove me away from the station. Morning show with Derringer is okay but he is an arrogant prick. Why can't artists like the Stones, Seger, Mellancamp, Petty, etc. get their new stuff played on the radio? They'll play a new one for a few weeks to remind everyone that the artist(s) are not dead and then go back to playing their top ten again. Oh, and to call the afternoon DJ, Kim Mitchell, a rock legend is an insult to every rock fan out there.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: January 30, 2007 18:16

Hello from Toronto!! Home of the rehearsals and my hometown, too!!

Posted by: aleksa ()
Date: January 30, 2007 18:46

babe from montreal ;-)

Date: January 31, 2007 03:11

Sympa. Salut Babe Aleksa..... Comment allez - vous ?

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: January 31, 2007 03:51

i live in the hammer aka hamilton,ontario. not too far from the center of the universe (toronto)

as for the comments about q107 - it's probably one of the better commercial stations in the area. kim mitchell is a bit of a joke playing his own material on air

cheers !

emmett

Posted by: Glimmer Twin ()
Date: January 31, 2007 03:54

Originally from the Netherlands, but for the last 5 and a half years I've been living in Canada's most beautiful (so they say) city...Montreal.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: January 31, 2007 04:14

Victoria, B.C. on the same island as altamont69 but at the bottom.

Date: January 31, 2007 06:26

Hey everyone thanks for the replies. Myself I am on the Sunshine Coast area. There are a few stars that have houses here like Joni Mitchell and Terry Jacks of the Poppy Family.

Date: January 31, 2007 06:29

Oops forgot to say that the Sunshine Coast is in BC not far from Vancouver. It's a peninsula although some people like to refer to it as a island which it isn't as it's too small.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 31, 2007 07:25

Hi, fellow Canadians

I'm from Chicoutimi, Quebec. 300 miles north of Montreal, or 150 miles north of Quebec City.

Daniel (wattswood)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 31, 2007 07:35

tippy2toes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oops forgot to say that the Sunshine Coast is in
> BC not far from Vancouver. It's a peninsula
> although some people like to refer to it as a
> island which it isn't as it's too small.

Gotta like the Canucks eh!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2007 07:45

Jackass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Q107 used to be a great station here in Toronto
> but it sucks now. That Classic Rock format where
> they take the top ten hits from every rock artist
> from the sixties and seventies and play them over
> and over and over and over again drove me away
> from the station. Morning show with Derringer is
> okay but he is an arrogant prick. Why can't
> artists like the Stones, Seger, Mellancamp, Petty,
> etc. get their new stuff played on the radio?
> They'll play a new one for a few weeks to remind
> everyone that the artist(s) are not dead and then
> go back to playing their top ten again. Oh, and to
> call the afternoon DJ, Kim Mitchell, a rock legend
> is an insult to every rock fan out there.

I have to admit that I don't listen to them much at all the last year. I still love Derringer and yes he can be arrogant at times but very funny at others. What happened to Craigie and the dude Kim Mitchell replaced?

Sunday is still a good show

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home