Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any news on any DVD releases?
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: January 19, 2007 15:52

Is there any word on when the Stones will be releasing the Beacon movie or the Rio show on DVD? And does anybody know if they have plans to release any of the shows from the previous tours (Voodoo, Steel Wheels, Still Life) on DVD? I don't have any use for bootlegs, only interested in official releases.

Re: Any news on any DVD releases?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2007 15:57

Jackass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any word on when the Stones will be
> releasing the Beacon movie

its not for the Stones to release thatas it's not tHEIR film, but for Scorsese's film company. And it's a theatre release which will include songs from those shows amongst other things. Scheduled to be premiered around September, so it wont be on a DVD for some time after that I would think.

>or the Rio show on DVD?

the Rio show isnt scheduled to be an official release.

> And does anybody know if they have plans to release any of the shows from the previous tours (Voodoo, Steel Wheels, Still Life) on DVD?

Not in addition to whats already available.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 19, 2007 17:22

I don't think we'll see the older stuff - they don't want to comete with their old selves.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 19, 2007 17:32

well.there'll probably be some of it in the Scorsese film as Albert Maysles is involved with the project and seems to be overseeing the archive footage

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 19, 2007 18:37

The fact that there is still no infromation about a coming release is a good sign in my eyes for a 2007-summer tour.

Date: January 19, 2007 18:45

I'd expect a release of some product or another in time for any summer tour.

Either a new live album or a DVD (or both) - the Austin show was filmed for a DVD too, dont forget

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home