Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...190191192193194195196197198199200...LastNext
Current Page: 195 of 210
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 7, 2023 23:20

Springsteen – Paris (May 14th)
Dylan – Porto, Lisboa (2x), Madrid (2x), Sevilla (2x), Granada (June 1-13)

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: May 7, 2023 23:50

The last concert I attended was a small one in Buffalo, NY. Melvin Seals, former keyboardist in the Jerry Garcia Band. March 10, 2020. A day or so later the world as we knew it began to grind to a halt.

Between 1989 and 2020 I attended 150+ concerts. The Stones 17 times. Bob Dylan 19 times. Springsteen 12 times. Saw David Bowie, Paul McCartney, Lou Reed, Jackson Browne, The Who, The Grateful Dead, Tom Waits, Steely Dan, Richard Thompson, Wilco, GNR, Jason Isbell, Jimmy Buffett, John Prine, Tom Petty, Allman Brothers, Guided By Voices, Bruce Cockburn, the Moody Blues, Ozzy Osbourne, Sloan, Elvis Costello, Prince, the Tragically Hip, U2, Gordon Lightfoot, Black Crowes, Black Keys, Drive By Truckers, Hold Steady, Neil Young, Morrissey, John Mellencamp. Probably a few I have forgotten. Yeah...I liked live music. A lot.

Really missed going to shows the rest of 2020 and 2021 but by the time 2022 rolled around I found myself not all that interested when friends started to suggest different shows to me. And then I started hearing about exorbitant ticket prices...

I don't think I paid more than $200 for any single ticket to any of the shows I have been fortunate enough to attend over 30 years of concert going. And I've decided I won't spend any more than that, on anyone. I don't begrudge the artists. If the market dictates that concerts are going to cost a small fortune to attend, then I accept being priced out of them.

It was a heckuva ride and I feel so fortunate to have had those 30 years. Some of the best times of my life. Man I loved tailgating for so many of them. But as George Harrison once sang, "all things must pass".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-07 23:52 by JimmyTheSaint.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 18, 2023 17:22

Nena

Tonight in Utrecht

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2023 17:24

ELVIS!

Costello & Nick Lowe...Vancouver, Queen E Theatre June 7!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 18, 2023 18:01

ErwinH
Nena

Tonight in Utrecht

Oh, is she still around?
I saw her in Osaka…in 1984.

You can see all the pages of the Japanese tour program 1984 on eBay:

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 18, 2023 18:52

The Cure (first time!). Atlanta. June 27.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2023 19:16

NashvilleBlues

Nice! I'm seeing them on June 1 in Seattle. I was tempted to go to Portland and/or Vancouver too but my health isn't up for shows on consecutive days with travel. If you're interested, the Cure store online has merch for the tour up & at bargain prices. Shirts are $25 & hoodies $50. There's other stuff, too. I think I'm going to order to avoid lines at the show.

Date: May 18, 2023 19:16

Hoodoo Gurus on Saturday

Date: May 18, 2023 19:45

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

Nice! I'm seeing them on June 1 in Seattle. I was tempted to go to Portland and/or Vancouver too but my health isn't up for shows on consecutive days with travel. If you're interested, the Cure store online has merch for the tour up & at bargain prices. Shirts are $25 & hoodies $50. There's other stuff, too. I think I'm going to order to avoid lines at the show.

Thanks!

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: May 18, 2023 22:52

Both Jeff Beck tribute shows next week.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 19, 2023 00:16

Same here!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 19, 2023 01:15

Me too!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 19, 2023 03:26

Amanda Marshall. Just stumbled on this tonight, I’d forgotten how good she is.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 19, 2023 15:10

Thinking about going to see Seal if I can get off work early enough this Sunday. Failing that, I do have a ticket to see 1970s pop-rocker Al Stewart on Monday.

Date: May 19, 2023 18:31

Cure tickets still available for the just added second Atlanta show (June 28). From $30-120. Most (if not all) other shows are sold out.

Date: May 19, 2023 18:37

NashvilleBlues
Cure tickets still available for the just added second Atlanta show (June 28). From $30-120. Most (if not all) other shows are sold out.

They just announced that they're headlining 1 day of Riot Fest in Chicago. The festival is in September.

Date: May 19, 2023 19:20

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

They just announced that they're headlining 1 day of Riot Fest in Chicago. The festival is in September.

Nice. Also, thanks for letting me know about the tour merch on their site. I got a white tour tee. I have a white cat, so I try to avoid black. Hah!

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 19, 2023 22:13

Dead & Company tonight and tomorrow.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: May 19, 2023 22:38

Hello,

Next up is...

Sparks at The Philharmonic in Liverpool on Wednesday, and then...

John Fogerty at The AO/MEN Arena in Manchestahhh on the following night.

Oughta be decent!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 19, 2023 23:04

Motley Crew and Def Lepperd at Bramall Lane Stadium , Sheffield on Monday

sc uk

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 19, 2023 23:17

Sam fender, fabrique Milan
John fogerty, Ao arena Manchester

Date: May 19, 2023 23:43

tatters
Thinking about going to see Seal if I can get off work early enough this Sunday. Failing that, I do have a ticket to see 1970s pop-rocker Al Stewart on Monday.

What a coincidence!

I'm going to see 1970s pop-rocker Rod Stewart in August!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 20, 2023 02:16

treaclefingers
tatters

What a coincidence!

I can't believe how poor tickets sold for Rod, especially with Cheap Trick opening! I bought tickets again earlier this year after I got a refund from last year. Kind of pissed off when I saw they were part of the Concert Week $25 tickets a week ago, same as the Doobies in Abbotsford!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2023 02:43

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones next month, never saw them before, and Robert Cray in July.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 20, 2023 03:28

Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs in Menlo Park, Ca tonight, hotel by the airport and 10AM flight to Salt Lake City for my third First Aid Kit show this week. They do a great version of Wild Horses II and have been doing Songbird in honor of Christine McVie.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 20, 2023 12:57

Beth Hart & Band - Düsseldorf, Mitsubishi Electric Halle - 19. Jun. 2023

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Düsseldorf, Merkur Spiel-Arena - 21. Jun. 2023

TV Smith - Düsseldorf, Pitcher - 25. Nov. 2023

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: May 20, 2023 13:01

Alter Bridge
Hollywood Vampires
RHCP

Date: May 20, 2023 13:41

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

Nice. Also, thanks for letting me know about the tour merch on their site. I got a white tour tee. I have a white cat, so I try to avoid black. Hah!

Glad I could be of help. I can't decide which shirt to get so I think I'm going to get 2 haha. Easier to do at those prices!

Date: May 20, 2023 13:51

Just got tickets for the Hives in a very small club. Show's not until November but pretty excited. Judging by whet I've heard of the new record, they are definitely back.

Date: May 20, 2023 15:59

DGA35
treaclefingers
tatters

What a coincidence!

I can't believe how poor tickets sold for Rod, especially with Cheap Trick opening! I bought tickets again earlier this year after I got a refund from last year. Kind of pissed off when I saw they were part of the Concert Week $25 tickets a week ago, same as the Doobies in Abbotsford!

Hmmm...if you think you're pissed off, think about me. I didn't even know they were $25, that isn't what I paid last week! You going to Elvis Costello in a couple of weeks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-20 16:00 by treaclefingers.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...190191192193194195196197198199200...LastNext
Current Page: 195 of 210

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2133
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home