Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...181182183184185186187188189190191...LastNext
Current Page: 186 of 210
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: September 20, 2022 17:14

Alice Cooper tomorrow night.
Iron Maiden in about ten days.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 20, 2022 19:33

Green Day on Thursday.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 20, 2022 19:42

Pat Metheny tomorrow

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 20, 2022 20:07

9/23- My Morning Jacket
9/24- Helmet and Quicksand
10/10- Smashing Pumpkins and Jane's Addiction

(All in Nashville)

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 20, 2022 21:12

Antonio Sanchez in October, Portsmouth, NH-- brilliant drummer, should be a joy.

Wilco in Raykjavik in April, all 3 shows. Never done anything like that before. Never been to Iceland. So excited.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 21, 2022 00:42

Afghan Whigs early next month. Sadly it's the same night as Amyl & the Sniffers. I would've went to that but already had tickets for the Whigs. I saw Amyl in May so don't feel too horrible about it.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 21, 2022 15:20

Tomorrow. Lindsey Buckingham. Cancelled. Again.

Posted by: Joce ()
Date: September 21, 2022 15:37

The Temptations & the Four Tops
Bob Dylan
Imagination
Roger Waters
Bruce Springsteen
Elton John

Date: September 21, 2022 16:08

BLUE ÖYSTER CULT • October 1st • Illinois

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2022 18:24

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 23, 2022 10:29

Can't believe the Hanoi Rocks reunion is happening tonight! Looking forward. I know there's a few of IORRians in the crowd - welcome to Finland, guys!

This is the show I've been the most excited about this year (and I went to a few!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 10:46 by Topi.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: September 23, 2022 10:52

Heather Nova in Groningen next month. smoking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 24, 2022 16:19

Leo Kottke in mid-November.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2022 17:01

angee
Leo Kottke in mid-November.

smileys with beer
Love Leo!

Usually catch him every year at a great venue in Portland, missed this year due to the Stones tour,
Enjoy!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 25, 2022 05:31

I've seen him a few times over the years, in front row at this one coming up.
Thanks, MisterDDDD. Hope you catch him next time.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 25, 2022 07:21

New Orleans

9-29-2022

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 25, 2022 11:34

crholmstrom
Afghan Whigs early next month. Sadly it's the same night as Amyl & the Sniffers. I would've went to that but already had tickets for the Whigs. I saw Amyl in May so don't feel too horrible about it.

I'd skip the Whigs and see Amy again. Just got home 4AM [edit: after a 2 hr drive] from seeing Amyl & the Sniffers in DC tonight... their set started at 12:30 AM. And while I knew that it would be, that was one of the most amazing performances I've seen. A seemingly impossible energy level, and the crowd going frenetically nuts right along with the band. I saw the original 4 Ramones on their Rocket To Russia tour, and this Aussie band has a full-on coming-to-get-you, non-stop attack reminiscent of that. Your comparison of Amyl & the Sniffers to Iggy & the Stooges was a good one, too.

I was up front for Fontaines D.C. earlier this year -- another great, great young punk band -- but I could see from a warm-up act tonight, the moshing would be endless and intense, and this retiree chose the balcony in the 9:30 Club tonight. Wisely. Amy had pretty well exhausted the floor people a mere half hour into their set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-25 11:39 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: September 25, 2022 12:16

Godspeed You! Black Emperor today.
Soon: Dire Straits Experience and my favorites => Sigur Rós X 2

Yes, I love post-rock, "rock progressif"... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 22:50

TheBluesHadaBaby
crholmstrom

I'd skip the Whigs and see Amy again. Just got home 4AM [edit: after a 2 hr drive] from seeing Amyl & the Sniffers in DC tonight... their set started at 12:30 AM. And while I knew that it would be, that was one of the most amazing performances I've seen. A seemingly impossible energy level, and the crowd going frenetically nuts right along with the band. I saw the original 4 Ramones on their Rocket To Russia tour, and this Aussie band has a full-on coming-to-get-you, non-stop attack reminiscent of that. Your comparison of Amyl & the Sniffers to Iggy & the Stooges was a good one, too.

***I'm seeing Amyl & the Sniffers for 2nd time this yr on Weds. And I will be in the balcony! Get 'em while they're hot!***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-25 22:51 by Chitown23.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 26, 2022 00:52

Elton Vancouver October…hope I can make it

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: September 28, 2022 21:12

Roxy Music tonight at The Forum in LA

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: September 28, 2022 21:19

Same here, Roxy Music tonight.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 30, 2022 12:51

Billy Idol tonight in Nürnberg, Germany.

Date: September 30, 2022 13:28

TheBluesHadaBaby
crholmstrom

I was up front for Fontaines D.C. earlier this year -- another great, great young punk band -- but I could see from a warm-up act tonight, the moshing would be endless and intense, and this retiree chose the balcony in the 9:30 Club tonight. Wisely. Amy had pretty well exhausted the floor people a mere half hour into their set.

I'm glad you had a good time. I saw the Ramones about that tour also. It was in a tiny room under a restaurant. They had Marshall stacks & it was so loud you had to go outside periodically to rest your ears. When I saw Amy in May it was in a small room. I was on a barricade halfway back that separated the bar from the all ages. I still managed to get full on body tackled by a drunk. I was shooting a video of Knifey at the time & you can see when I go down violently. Incredible show! I might see if I can off the Whigs tickets & go. I'm still beat up from my NIN road trip a few weeks ago. PS: I'm retired on disability but over 60 still. Don't feel bad about getting out of the rat race a bit early as I worked for over 40 years. I worked 5 years longer than the doctors wanted me to. I kind of wished I had listened but I wanted to be out of debt when I pulled the plug.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: September 30, 2022 13:30

The Black Crowes
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Pixies

Date: September 30, 2022 14:55

xke38
The Black Crowes
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Pixies

The new Pixies record is pretty good. Probably the best since Kim Deal left.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 30, 2022 15:58

Finnish band The Rasmus tonight.

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: September 30, 2022 17:06

Suede in London and then The Cure in Poland

Date: September 30, 2022 18:06

AshtrayGirl

I'm a pretty big Cure fan & will be very interested in what they play this tour. Sadly, I'm guessing it will be another ride on the nostalgia train (Wish 30) with little or more likely no new material. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised & they play some material from the alleged new record. Sound familiar anyone?

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: September 30, 2022 18:24

crholmstrom
AshtrayGirl

I'm a pretty big Cure fan & will be very interested in what they play this tour. Sadly, I'm guessing it will be another ride on the nostalgia train (Wish 30) with little or more likely no new material. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised & they play some material from the alleged new record. Sound familiar anyone?

I saw The Cure in 2016 and it was a genuinely magnificent show. 3 hours of a fantastic performance (at least in my personal opinion). As far as I'm concerned, Robert Smith mentioned in one of the interviews given right after the announcement of their upcoming tour that there is going to be a new material in the set list. We will find out soon. I'm very curious and excited. Roger O'Donnell posts some pictures from the rehearsals on his Instagram page. I hope there are new tunes in the agenda.
Even if there is going to be another "Nostalgia Tour", I'm more than happy to enjoy it grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...181182183184185186187188189190191...LastNext
Current Page: 186 of 210

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home