Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 70
The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:32

The guys over at Shidoobee have their own (extremely ugly) t-shirts... What if we got our own? I'm sure there are many talented people out there who could come up with a decent design, and an OK colour. The shidoobe-t-shirts are beyond ugly, but man - they get special treatment from the Stones. Now, I think we ought to show them they're home in Europe this summer... What do you guys think? Should we get our own IORR T-shirts? And a special one for Rockman. So we can identify him and buy him drinks this summer!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-15 20:04 by Tralala.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: dj ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:34

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be interested.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:34

.....sounds like a good idea.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-15 18:40 by Lukester.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:35

you're right about those shidoobee shirts man theys UGLY

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:38

i'd imagine it might be a good idea to seek BV's permission, is you're serious about doing this.
But if you are- i'm interested

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:42

Ooooops, misspelling... But I've met the Shidoobee-guys, and I swear, some of them have breasts! (She guys at Shidoobee...)

Yeah, We'll ask Bjørnulf. It must be his decission, since it's his site. If he sees this - how does he feel about it? The real IORR T-shirt.
In a nice colour, with a great design...

I'd want one. And a few for the family to wear to shows.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:50

oh dear - whats a nice colour?

black.... would do it for me.

paint it black

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:50

We could have a few different T-shirts in the same style...
"Who the F*** is Rockman", "What happened to Reptile?", "Cindy Incidentally", "My Bag" etc

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:50

Well, I'm a graphic designer so any suggestions and I could put something together?

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 15, 2007 18:54

I have a proposal:

A little while back, Rockman posted scans of the unused 1972 live album cover. The front depicted a very cool poster/flyer showing Jagger and the Stones in silhouette amidst a bunch of other flyers...

A simple silkscreen of the Stones flyer on the front of a navy blue t-shirt (black is overused) would be great visually and would be suggestive of the board's level of obsession with the band. I'm not sure that any text, anywhere on the shirt would be needed--you either "get it" or you don't.

I can't remember the thread title for the '72 image--Rockman, could you point it out?

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Date: January 15, 2007 18:55

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I'm a graphic designer so any suggestions
> and I could put something together?


As this summer will coincide with the release of 'Pirates of the Caribbean 3' how about a skull and crossbones (white on a black shirt) with the Stones tongue logo coming out of the mouth!! IORR or IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N' ROLL can be written below the aforementioned skull.

In fact, Ablett, I may get you to design one of those for me anyway!

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:00

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ablett Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, I'm a graphic designer so any suggestions
> > and I could put something together?
>
>
> As this summer will coincide with the release of
> 'Pirates of the Caribbean 3' how about a skull and
> crossbones (white on a black shirt) with the
> Stones tongue logo coming out of the mouth!! IORR
> or IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N' ROLL can be written below
> the aforementioned skull.
>
> In fact, Ablett, I may get you to design one of
> those for me anyway!

I want one all ready winking smiley

...or ten



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-15 19:02 by open-g.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:08

Like the Rev. Robert W's idea very much.

Can we think good quality...unlike the RS.com T-shirts.

How does BV think about this?

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:09

Rev where would we need to go to get permission to use the image - who owns it? It sounds a good one. I'm going to stick with my original "Who the f*** is Rockman" which even newcomers to IORR such as myself will "get".

Also, as already mentioned, what does BV think? As this is his board, we better check with the man himself before jumping into anything...

Rev. Robert W. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a proposal:
>
> A little while back, Rockman posted scans of the
> unused 1972 live album cover. The front depicted a
> very cool poster/flyer showing Jagger and the
> Stones in silhouette amidst a bunch of other
> flyers...
>
> A simple silkscreen of the Stones flyer on the
> front of a navy blue t-shirt (black is overused)
> would be great visually and would be suggestive of
> the board's level of obsession with the band. I'm
> not sure that any text, anywhere on the shirt
> would be needed--you either "get it" or you don't.
>
>
> I can't remember the thread title for the '72
> image--Rockman, could you point it out?

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:11

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ablett Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, I'm a graphic designer so any suggestions
> > and I could put something together?
>
>
> As this summer will coincide with the release of
> 'Pirates of the Caribbean 3' how about a skull and
> crossbones (white on a black shirt) with the
> Stones tongue logo coming out of the mouth!! IORR
> or IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N' ROLL can be written below
> the aforementioned skull.
>
> In fact, Ablett, I may get you to design one of
> those for me anyway!



I'll take two!

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:13

Perhaps seek BV's approval first, get everyone to throw in a few ideas then we can put something together from the best ie: vote etc.......

In the future some thought will need to be given to printing, its cost, distribution and if we can get one to fit Gazza ;-)

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:21

let's see a pic of the ugly shidoobee shirt lol...

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:26

Isn't it a bit geeky? All wearing the same T-shirt?

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:26

Sounds like a great idea.
There should be one with a nice little IORR logo
for those who don't want to look very flashy,
then a big display and/or easy to spot,
for those who really want to be seen by everyone.

I could get these made at a non-profit basis
with high quality production.
I just need help in sorting out the graphics,
some alternatives, as I can't afford designers.
Also, make sure we can not use the tongue,
or anything else which is copyrighted,
but It's Only Rock'n Roll and IORR is ok.
Plus any other text like
... But I like it etc.
ABB World Tour 2007 Superfan Touring Party etc.

Please post suggestions and comments here.

Thank you.

Bjornulf

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:33

i agree with understated being good..

the shidobee shirts i saw are green and not even a dark green so they stick out big time..

i think black or dark blue are good colors..but thats just me

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:35

I like this idea very much.I have said this idea some years ago in another board but nothing happened.Hope it works here.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:48

Stargroves Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rev where would we need to go to get permission to
> use the image - who owns it? It sounds a good one.
> I'm going to stick with my original "Who the
> f*** is Rockman" which even newcomers to IORR such
> as myself will "get".
>
> Also, as already mentioned, what does BV think?
> As this is his board, we better check with the man
> himself before jumping into anything...
>
> Rev. Robert W. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have a proposal:
> >
> > A little while back, Rockman posted scans of
> the
> > unused 1972 live album cover. The front depicted
> a
> > very cool poster/flyer showing Jagger and the
> > Stones in silhouette amidst a bunch of other
> > flyers...
> >
> > A simple silkscreen of the Stones flyer on the
> > front of a navy blue t-shirt (black is
> overused)
> > would be great visually and would be suggestive
> of
> > the board's level of obsession with the band.
> I'm
> > not sure that any text, anywhere on the shirt
> > would be needed--you either "get it" or you
> don't.
> >
> >
> > I can't remember the thread title for the '72
> > image--Rockman, could you point it out?

The '72 live album design is halfway down page 4 of the "rare Stones album and singles cover design" thread (I'm too much of a tech idiot to provide a direct link, but I just nudged it to the top of the first "Tell Me" page.)

My thought would be to put the Stones poster image on the chest of a heavy-duty navy blue t-shirt. (As far as rights to the image and so forth, we'd be in bootleg territory--unless someone has a good idea who owns the image. The now-defunct Rolling Stones Records?)

As for any text on the back: Say, "Who the #%@*@ is Rockman?" over "It's Only Rock'N'Roll" and www.iorr.org, why not use the typeface used for the credits on the inner sleeve of the "IORR" album? It's certainly an appropriate visual reference and it would complement the poster image on the front of the t-shirt nicely...

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:51

I don't have any designs off the top of my head but I must say that I have been extremely dissapointed with the design of concert t-shirts over the years. Usually they are overpriced ...horribly designed ...and usually in black (not ideal for here in Florida) Anyway ...I prefer a simple design as to something cluttered ...and offer both white & black shirts.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:53

Rev. Robert W. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a proposal:
>
> A little while back, Rockman posted scans of the
> unused 1972 live album cover. The front depicted a
> very cool poster/flyer showing Jagger and the
> Stones in silhouette amidst a bunch of other
> flyers...
>
> A simple silkscreen of the Stones flyer on the
> front of a navy blue t-shirt (black is overused)
> would be great visually and would be suggestive of
> the board's level of obsession with the band. I'm
> not sure that any text, anywhere on the shirt
> would be needed--you either "get it" or you don't.
>
>
> I can't remember the thread title for the '72
> image--Rockman, could you point it out?


We'd have to pay royalties to the photographer who took the photo in question... It's gonne be expencive and complicated. I go for the PIRATE SKULL WITH A modified TONGUE! And of course: "Guilty of being a Stones-head. It's only Rock'n'Roll - but I like it!"



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-15 19:57 by Tralala.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:54

if there are any pictures of the rolling stones bandmembers i think we should use pictures of them NOW..

after all we like them now.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:57

i like the who the @#$%& is rockman idea lol and the www.iorr.org ...

btw who the @#$%& IS rockman???

haa

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 15, 2007 19:57

> We'd have to pay royalties to the photographer who
> took the photo in question... It's gonne be
> expencive and complicated. I go for the PIRATE
> SKULL WITH A TONGUE!

But no royalties to the Rolling Stones and Promotour, B.V. or whatever Prince Rupert is calling the holding company these days?

Which design do you suppose is more likely to provoke a big crackdown?

Also, I like the idea of IORR providing a little nudge for the boys to remember their own archives...

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 15, 2007 20:00

Something like the picture of the tongue riding girl should be ok in terms of copyright.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-15 20:53 by Roadster32.

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: January 15, 2007 20:01

stoned_in_dc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if there are any pictures of the rolling stones
> bandmembers i think we should use pictures of them
> NOW..
>
> after all we like them now.


Photos is a problem. Copyright material, you see. But what if we make a design suggestion (everyone who wants to take part), and mail them to BV. Then we could vote... Alternative 1, 2, 3.

I'll order 5 t-shirts. (white, black, beige - Not ugly flourecent green like at Shidoobee!)

Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: January 15, 2007 20:02

oh wow flurescent green hmmm

no... just... no

lol

im with you tra, white, black or beige, maybe dark blue ... and the vote idea is good

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 70


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 435
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home