Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith and the Who
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 3, 2007 22:56

Ive seen a clip of Keith Richards backstage before a Who concert and I think its from 1974, has anybody seen this? I dont think its on Kids are alright, it could be from Sex Pistols the Great Rock n roll swindle but I aint sure. Does anybody have a clue?

Re: Keith and the Who
Date: January 5, 2007 13:42

Anybody?

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 5, 2007 14:08

I don't know of this but I'd be surprised if it were in the Sex Pistols movie. I think the Pistols didn't hold Keith in high regard.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 5, 2007 14:13

Maybe he just got lost. What would Keith be doing at a bleedin Who concert anyway?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 5, 2007 14:16

I've seen it. Most likely from 1974.
It could have been on the "30 years of maximum r&b Live" video.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 5, 2007 14:24

Its from Charlton Football Ground gig. Both keiths and Ronnie climb the back stage steps before Moon goes on stage (doing a rolly polly over the stage!)....

Any why wouldn't keith be at a Who gig???

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 5, 2007 14:41

The Who were supporting the Stones during their 67 drug busts and Keith introduced them at the Rock N Roll Circus.

Date: January 5, 2007 15:29

exactly AND Moon was partial to the odd drink/drugs......

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: January 5, 2007 16:12

Here's a screenshot from The Who at Charlton 1974.
Taken just before the band went on stage.
The 30 Years DVD features this footage (though in my haste to upload images these are captured from the bootleg DVD which features most of the set.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-05 16:22 by GuessWho.

Date: January 5, 2007 16:31

Great!!! Thanks! That's the one, 1974. The Who. Now lets find this little gem on youtube.

Date: January 5, 2007 18:18

terraplane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know of this but I'd be surprised if it
> were in the Sex Pistols movie. I think the Pistols
> didn't hold Keith in high regard.

You're probably right...they most likely didn't hold Keef in high regard in 76-77 during the Pistols heyday and the Stones were in their Black and Blue era. I bet if they saw Keef today they'd ask him to join the Pistols! smiling smiley

Date: January 5, 2007 18:19

No they wouldn't........

Date: January 6, 2007 07:27

If memory serves me well, Sid Vicious made the infamous remark about not pissing on Keith if he was on fire.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 6, 2007 13:56

Doesn't Steve Jones boast of breaking in to Keefs house and stealing guitars in The Great Rock N Roll Swindle?

Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 17:12

Keith Moon gives Ronnie a hug and talks with Keith Richards before going on stage:

[ok.ru]

Date: August 14, 2021 14:03

The GR
Doesn't Steve Jones boast of breaking in to Keefs house and stealing guitars in The Great Rock N Roll Swindle?

It was Ronnie Wood's house near the river when Keith lived on the property if I recall correctly. Not sure if he stole guitars but Steve admits to being a kleptomaniac. He stole a heap of equipment from the concert hall (Hammersmith?) where Bowie did his last two gigs with the Spiders From Mars. Jonesy had Tony Visconti and Woody Woodsmansey on his radio show and paid the drummer $200 for the cymbals he nicked as he always felt bad about it.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 14, 2021 18:54

Funny how all these guys like the Pistols and the Clash claimed they hated the Rolling Stones and all they stood for, and then spent their careers, or what was left of them, emulating them.

jb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home