Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Whatever happened to Stonefan?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:20

Where did he go? It's been a long time since I've seen him post, or even seeing him being logged in. He's the guy that owns RockPassion.com. Anybody know?

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Whatever happened to Stonefan?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 24, 2006 15:05

Thats true, haven't seen J.P. around for a while too - dunno whats up tho'.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 24, 2006 15:14

He has probably retired on all the 'donation' money for his site after he turned it into a business.

We don't need him anymore. Most people on this site are happy to post for free.

I was thinking of subscribing at first but the @#$%& didn't even respond to my e-mails.

Date: November 24, 2006 15:15

We don't need him? So you don't think it counts for anything that he's a cool guy and a great person to know?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 24, 2006 16:19

He has got a life aside this board.
He works full-time, rarely online he is.

All ya folks who bash him can just b*gger off.

Date: November 24, 2006 16:21

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He has got a life aside this board.
> He works full-time, rarely online he is.

It's just strange. A year ago he was online constantly. Now he's almost never on. Did he get a big load of work suddenly? Hope to see him sometime soon.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 24, 2006 16:28

counting money that he asked to access boots

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 16:28 by Rik.

Date: November 24, 2006 16:29

He has never been online much, trust me.

Posted by: steverogan1 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 16:41

"He has probably retired on all the 'donation' money for his site after he turned it into a business.
We don't need him anymore. Most people on this site are happy to post for free.
I was thinking of subscribing at first but the @#$%& didn't even respond to my e-mails."

He charges, I think 20-25 pounds per year. I think it is very reasonable. He has great quality stuff that downloads quickly and most files contain aretwork. SPeak for yourself when you say we don't need him any more. I find him to be a valuable resource. He does a lot of work on the site and improves the quality of recordings. I think I can spare the few dollars it takes. In my opionion the guy probably puts in a lot of time. How much do you spend on one legit live recording? FOr the 25 pound annual dues you can get atleast 50-100 recordings.
He has responded to all of my emails -- they are brief anbd to the point.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: November 24, 2006 16:48

Valeswood Wrote:
> He has probably retired on all the 'donation'
> money for his site after he turned it into a
> business.
>
> We don't need him anymore. Most people on this
> site are happy to post for free.
>

JP is great person !
@JumpingKentFlash : i think i saw him logged here last week ...

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: November 24, 2006 18:19

Rockpassion (JP Website) is a goldmine for every stones fan looking for boots easy to download.You can get stuff from the 60' to the latest bigger bang gigs.Not mentionning the videos (live stuff,interviews and documentaries).Must take a lot of time to upkeep and update this site and I can imagine that the few Euros subscription fee do not cover the time spent in doing all these.
Funny how some people think that everything must be free .JP is providing a very good service ,it's absolutely normal to pay him back one way or another.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 24, 2006 18:46

If he didn't respond to your email you likely use hotmail or some other free provider that gets blocked due to spam. I had a yahoo or hotmail account back in the day and was unable to reach him. I thought he was ignoring me but it was just getting filtered out automatically. Drop him a letter from a NON hotmail account and he'll get back to you. JP is a nice guy and does a great job of making a catalog of essential Stones boots available to everyone. 20 pounds (cant remember what that is in dollars) will only cover a portion of the hosting costs. I run several sites myself and hosting isn't cheap if you get good bandwidth. His site runs well, is organized and he has spend a good amount of time to provide everyone with a great collection to download. No need to knock the guy at all just cause you got an axe to grind. If you'd like a gmail account just let me know and I'll send ya an invite.

-Drake

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 24, 2006 22:27

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> It's just strange. A year ago he was online
> constantly. Now he's almost never on. Did he get a
> big load of work suddenly? Hope to see him
> sometime soon.

When you think of it, it's not so strange. He was here constantly because it was a good promotion for his site. I bet that a high percentage of his paying customers were generated right here. He slowly built this business, starting off with free downloads, and then, when people become aware of his site, started to charge money. I don't believe for a minute that it is just for coverage of his bandwidth costs. I'm not saying that it is bad. It's just that he is running a business. His price is fair, and he does not rip people off.

Date: November 24, 2006 22:29

I havent paid the dude 50c, but I sure as hell has got loads and loads of
goodies from him. I have compensated him in ways I cant reveal here (no sexual favors!).

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: December 6, 2006 12:58

Does anyone has his e-mail?

Date: December 6, 2006 14:00

Yes, and he answers it. Check his site.

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: December 6, 2006 14:18

steverogan1 Wrote:
He does a lot of work on the site and
> improves the quality of recordings.
Yes he improved with convert in loosy MP3 format!!
He make idiots all tapers who bring reel2reel decks, cassete recorders, DATs, Minidisc... into the concerts. He degraded their work with one click of mouse.
You all help him in that dirty job.
When you talk about easy download and make easy collection, just think how is easy to take any machine for recording in venue.Just think about reel2reel recordings from 69-75...just think...

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 6, 2006 14:26

That Norwegian band sure can groove. I love the "Backstreet Stalker"; played it a lot a while back. Not sure who is who; how the Stones fit into that ;picture but the Bullitt is pretty smooth.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: December 6, 2006 14:55

<That Norwegian band sure can groove. I love the "Backstreet Stalker"; played it a lot a while back. Not sure who is who; how the Stones fit into that ;picture but the Bullitt is pretty smooth.>

Listen to Free Your Mind LIVE (the link below) and you'll understand who my guitar hero is smiling smiley

BTW Chelsea, The Bullitt has two drummers now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 14:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: December 6, 2006 18:02

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 18:02 by cbtaco19.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home