Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19
Re: IORRians' guitars
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 7, 2014 17:23

Blueshawk in blue? Lovely!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 7, 2014 18:04

teleblaster
Blueshawk in blue? Lovely!

Yep! Great sounding guitar for small money.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: February 8, 2014 00:39

audun-eg

By the way: Quite a jewel you've gotten there, Roadster!

Nice collection!!!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 28, 2014 11:00

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 20:33 by colonial.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 28, 2014 13:48

I've got the following:

1952 Fender Tele

Gibson Cherry Red SG

Washburn acoustic

Fender & Marshall Amps

Boss Br-1180 recording studio

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: February 28, 2014 13:52

From the studio a couple of weeks ago:

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: February 28, 2014 17:05

A new addition to my collection. #14 - On fire!

Weird coincidence, this old lady in black found its way to my place while the Stones were rolling into Paris.

Below with her older sister which is one year older.

Thanks Mathijs for helping!

Date: February 28, 2014 17:09

thumbs up

Date: March 1, 2014 13:11

DandelionPowderman

Are you doing some shows in the near future?

Date: March 1, 2014 13:16

gibsonman
DandelionPowderman

Nothing before April/May.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:24

gwen
A new addition to my collection. #14 - On fire!

Weird coincidence, this old lady in black found its way to my place while the Stones were rolling into Paris.

Below with her older sister which is one year older.

Thanks Mathijs for helping!

What years are those made?

Date: March 1, 2014 13:55

DandelionPowderman
gibsonman
DandelionPowderman

Near Oslo? And with new music I guess since You have been in studio...?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:55

Date: March 1, 2014 14:00

gibsonman
DandelionPowderman
gibsonman
DandelionPowderman

Near Oslo? And with new music I guess since You have been in studio...?

Yep. Nesodden April 5 and Oslo on May 31. Lots of new stuff.

Date: March 1, 2014 14:30

JumpinJeppeFlash
What years are those made?

The stripped one (originally brown I believe) is a 74 and the black one a 75. Knobs are not the same and the dot marks near the pots are metal inlays on the 74 and white holes on the 75. Apparently both configurations are original as Fender was recycling whatever leftover parts they had handy (amplifier knobs). The neck on the 75 is truly beautiful with a nice mapple pattern on the head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 14:34 by gwen.

Date: March 1, 2014 15:00

Beautiful guitars gwen. But I hope that is not one of those crappy HotRod amps that you are playing them through.

Date: March 1, 2014 17:33

Koen
Beautiful guitars gwen. But I hope that is not one of those crappy HotRod amps that you are playing them through.

It is. Blues DeVille 4x10. Bought it for the clean bright sound, the 4x10 and the reverb when my amps were a tweed pro junior v1 and a silverface vibrochamp. I've since added a studio .22+.

Date: March 1, 2014 21:18

Those '72 Tele customs...great guitar. I've got a re-issue, but I dropped a bridge pick-up from a '62 re-issue into it, and I tell you, that's some sound right there. Great guitar. That's what rock'n'roll sounds like.

Date: March 2, 2014 02:03

gwen
Koen

It is. Blues DeVille 4x10. Bought it for the clean bright sound, the 4x10 and the reverb when my amps were a tweed pro junior v1 and a silverface vibrochamp. I've since added a studio .22+.

I have a deVille 2x12 and really don't understand why some think it is "crappy". Unless you're thinking about the distortion channel (which really is crappy) I think it has a very good clean channel. And the amp breakes through in the band with a clear bright sound. But we all have different taste in amps and that is after all some of what make each others sound unique.

With that beeing said, last week I bought a Vox ac15 twin (2x12). What a great amp!!! Bought it because the deVille has too much volume for the gigs we usually do. I wanted an amp where it is easier to handle the volume and that distort nice from the tubes....

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 2, 2014 17:07

Let's go acoustic!
Don't know if I ever posted this one. It's such a little cutie.
1909 Washburn parlor.

Date: March 2, 2014 21:20

thumbs up

Date: March 2, 2014 22:28

gibsonman
I have a deVille 2x12 and really don't understand why some think it is "crappy". Unless you're thinking about the distortion channel (which really is crappy)

I once had a HRDX and for me it was a) too loud, and b) the distortion as you say was terrible. When I got it, I was like, wow, a real Fender tube amp for that small amount of money? I soon found out why. But anyway, if you guys enjoy it, who am I to say otherwise. I was just a bit surprised to see such nice guitars with such an under-par type amp.

Date: March 2, 2014 22:47

Koen, I think we all agree on the negative aspects of this amp. The beast is indeed too loud but I m happy to play it at a low volume and get a very bright clean sound with the punch and dynamics of the 4x10 when my other amps had too little headroom before getting crunchy.

Obviously I will not get the clean channel to crunch, I will be deaf before that smiling smiley

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 2, 2014 23:41

Are basses allowed in this thread? :-)

Cheers
Mark
[rollingstoned.com.au]
[facebook.com]

Date: March 2, 2014 23:56

AussieMark

Sure, but wigs aren't. smoking smiley

Date: March 3, 2014 00:07

Koen
gibsonman
I have a deVille 2x12 and really don't understand why some think it is "crappy". Unless you're thinking about the distortion channel (which really is crappy)

I once had a HRDX and for me it was a) too loud, and b) the distortion as you say was terrible. When I got it, I was like, wow, a real Fender tube amp for that small amount of money? I soon found out why. But anyway, if you guys enjoy it, who am I to say otherwise. I was just a bit surprised to see such nice guitars with such an under-par type amp.

Lets agree that it is a good thing that we have different taste in what sound we want from our gear. It would have been boring if all rocknroll was played on a Les Paul through a Marshall amp... smiling smiley

I find my deVille a) too loud and b) with an amazing clean channel to use for pedals. So I only play on the clean channel and use three different overdrive/ distortion pedals to get different sound... BUT: I just came back from our rehearsalroom where I tried out my new Vox. And I think that will be my main amp in the future!! winking smiley

And I agree, gwen has some really nice guitarssmileys with beer

Date: March 3, 2014 00:19

I don't find my HR Deluxe neither too loud or with crappy overdrive (the "more drive" channel is a bit dubious, though, but I never use that channel - that's when my tube screamer kicks in smiling smiley ).

It ain't no Hiwatt, but I'm happy with it for use in concert.

Date: March 3, 2014 00:36

DandelionPowderman
I don't find my HR Deluxe neither too loud or with crappy overdrive (the "more drive" channel is a bit dubious, though, but I never use that channel - that's when my tube screamer kicks in smiling smiley ).

The Deluxe is 40w and 1x12 right? Never tried it but if it is 40w I would guess that it is more easy to tame the volume on that than on the DeVille....? Two weeks ago we had a rehearsal in a place one of our next gigs is. Thats when I decided to get a smaller amp. The DeVille was so loud I almost couldnt hear my self in the PA. Because the stagevolume of the amp filled the room... But I aint selling my DeVille.... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 3, 2014 00:44

Koen
AussieMark

Sure, but wigs aren't. smoking smiley

I get paid more for those gigs where I wear the wig :-)

Date: March 3, 2014 02:07

gibsonman
DandelionPowderman

The Deluxe is 40w and 1x12 right? Never tried it but if it is 40w I would guess that it is more easy to tame the volume on that than on the DeVille....? Two weeks ago we had a rehearsal in a place one of our next gigs is. Thats when I decided to get a smaller amp. The DeVille was so loud I almost couldnt hear my self in the PA. Because the stagevolume of the amp filled the room... But I aint selling my DeVille.... >grinning smiley<

Yep, that's the one. But I thought my amp was the same as Koen complained about as well?

Your amp is brutal >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home