Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19
Re: IORRians' guitars
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 4, 2014 14:01

Naturalust
Wish you could do that to the vintage Gibson '59 Es-335 in this thread (lol) , these collectors have screwed the market for us players. peace

Assumptions are stupid and dangerous and most of the time wrong!

What makes you think I'm a collector? You don't know nothing.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: January 4, 2014 15:05

Roadster32
Finally a dream came true

1959 Gibson ES-335

Good for you roadster. Great find.

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: January 4, 2014 19:16

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-04 19:20 by King Bee.

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: January 4, 2014 19:19

Telecaster_man
My japanese Zemaitis copy made by Deviser....all gold mother of pearl and green abalone top finish. Nice, beauty, mint condition....and sadly for sale at the moment (if some one is interested just ask, it´s located in Spain)

Is it still for sale

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: January 4, 2014 23:20

King Bee
Telecaster_man
My japanese Zemaitis copy made by Deviser....all gold mother of pearl and green abalone top finish. Nice, beauty, mint condition....and sadly for sale at the moment (if some one is interested just ask, it´s located in Spain)

Is it still for sale

Hello King Bee.Yes its still for sale. You can contact me by mail: javi_lg_85@yahoo.es

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 12, 2014 00:43

Roadster32
Naturalust
Wish you could do that to the vintage Gibson '59 Es-335 in this thread (lol) , these collectors have screwed the market for us players. peace

You have misunderstood me and assumed I think you are a collector. My point was that a stock (unpainted) 59 ES-335 is out of reach for most players due to the collectors market. Painting one would be a statement of "I don't care about the collectors market" and will do my art on any guitar. peace

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: January 25, 2014 16:52

My guitars. And saving up for a new telecaster right now....

Date: January 25, 2014 16:54

thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 25, 2014 17:41

I like that LP Special!

The red hollowbody, who is the maker? I can't make out the name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-25 17:42 by MingSubu.

Date: January 25, 2014 18:07

MingSubu
I like that LP Special!

The red hollowbody, who is the maker? I can't make out the name.

Yes, the LP special is my first guitar With P90`s. And I love it!! A real rockaxe!! smiling smiley

The red one is a Vester. One of my first guitars. Sounds great and nice to play.

I tune both open G (Lp Special and the Telecaster thinline) and standard tuning. The Goldtop is my main guitar for standard tuning. My next tele will also be played in standard tuning. One LP and one tele for both standard tuning and open G... smiling smiley

Date: January 25, 2014 19:05

Naturalust
Roadster32
Naturalust

You have misunderstood me and assumed I think you are a collector. My point was that a stock (unpainted) 59 ES-335 is out of reach for most players due to the collectors market. Painting one would be a statement of "I don't care about the collectors market" and will do my art on any guitar. peace

If one would do so it also would be a statement "I don't care about destroying history (and losing 25+ grand or so".)

Date: January 25, 2014 19:17

gibsonman, what amps are you running those through?

Date: January 25, 2014 19:41

MingSubu
gibsonman, what amps are you running those through?

I use a Fender deVille 212. Mainly because it`s what I bought some years ago. I like the clean sound and think it takes pedals well. I do not like the dirty channel and never use it. I have been thinking about buying a new amp (Vox ac30 etc) but I kind of have got used to this one and with some nice pedals I get much of the sound I want out of it...

Date: January 25, 2014 19:50

Fenders make great pedal platforms. Get a Vox inspired pedal and rock out!!!

Date: January 25, 2014 20:00

MingSubu
Fenders make great pedal platforms. Get a Vox inspired pedal and rock out!!!

thumbs up

Date: January 30, 2014 15:59

EHX has been releasing a bunch of dirt pedals, lately. If anyone missed it, here is the video for the Satisfaction Fuzz pedal. Their take on the Gibson Meastro Fuzztone FZ-1

I think it sounds close enough, for the government. I'd like to hear it in a band mix.

[www.ehx.com]

Date: January 30, 2014 17:02

It sounds a bit like the Fuzz Face, doesn't it? Same kind of depth to it.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: January 30, 2014 17:34

Telecaster_man
King Bee
Telecaster_man

Is it still for sale

Hello King Bee.Yes its still for sale. You can contact me by mail: [email protected]

Ahh...my pics were gone...so here is one again..Zemaitis Pearl Front made in Japan

Shattered !!!

Date: January 30, 2014 18:12

DandelionPowderman
It sounds a bit like the Fuzz Face, doesn't it? Same kind of depth to it.

Yeah, a bit.

Makes since if you go by the Fuzztone -> Tonebenders -> Fuzz Face lineage.

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: January 30, 2014 19:08

My humble Squire smiling smiley

Date: January 30, 2014 19:15

Nothing humble about it. It is a nice guitar. Are you plugged into a Yamaha THR10?

There are some nice Squiers out there. Upgrade the electronics and one could have a decent guitar.

Every brand puts out gems/stinkers in each line. Have to play them to get the feel. Atleast in my experience.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 30, 2014 19:21

i am working on the mother of all six strings .should be getting done real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 30, 2014 19:59

Give us a glimmer!?!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: January 30, 2014 21:35

These are from my phone, with poor lighting, but they'll have to do...the amplifier is a Fender Ramparte, one of the pawn shop ones they bought out last year. Very nice, although the lack of reverb is kind of a drag.

1) '57 MIJ Stratocaster, about ten years old. I bought it late last year - it came stock with Texas Specials, which at some point I'll get rid of and replace with some sort of stack/rail humbucker:

2) 2006-ish Mexican Standard Telecaster, both my first proper guitar and the one I learned to play on. Since I got the Strat it's been in various open tunings for slide work. It's not in terribly good shape and needs a lot of work done - new neck, new hardware, new electronics. I'm going to put the neck humbucker from a Gretsch Electromatic in it soon:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-30 21:39 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: February 1, 2014 00:53

you all seem well equipped. I myself have 3 el.guitars, 3 accoustic guitars and one occoustic bass.

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: February 2, 2014 13:42

MingSubu
Nothing humble about it. It is a nice guitar. Are you plugged into a Yamaha THR10?

There are some nice Squiers out there. Upgrade the electronics and one could have a decent guitar.

Every brand puts out gems/stinkers in each line. Have to play them to get the feel. Atleast in my experience.

Yeah, it's the THR10C running through Logic Pro, so my possibilities for tone are huge.

I've been contemplating sticking a humbucker in the neck á la Micawber as the body is already routed, but I'm struggling to find a pickguard routed for one, with 5 screws, rather than the standard 8. Also I thought about setting up a Broadcaster blend pot, but I don't know if it's worth it.

This was the best model I could afford at the time, but I've been really pleased with it.

Dan

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 2, 2014 22:43

By the way: Quite a jewel you've gotten there, Roadster!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-02 22:45 by audun-eg.

Date: February 2, 2014 22:48

audun-eg

By the way: Quite a jewel you've gotten there, Roadster!

Thank you, but these look also pretty cool.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 3, 2014 02:40

audun-eg

Amazing collection. With the exception of the LP Special there's not a single guitar there I haven't lusted after at one point or another. You're a man of wealth and taste, evidently.

May I ask what the black Telecaster is? It looks a little like the Rosewood Telebration they bought out the other year, but I can't see any grain on it. Is it Jimmy Page-inspired?

Date: February 7, 2014 15:20

Another one entered the building.
Will get better pics soon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home