Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 19
Re: IORRians' guitars
Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: May 4, 2009 19:20

Refurbished

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-31 19:11 by King Bee.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: May 4, 2009 22:41

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: May 5, 2009 19:20

My gear:

Fender Stratocaster Classic 70's. (nat.)
Washburn D10 acoustic (red)
Washburn D12 twelve string (nat.)
Bjärton Isabella nylon (nat.)
Epiphone Viola Bass

Sitar
Dulcimer
Mandolin
Autoharp
Banjo

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: May 6, 2009 00:13

My two babies - Fender Esquire (one of the first Japanese built from mid 80s) and a Gretsch 6120DSV.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 11, 2009 18:52

-.-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-14 19:30 by Roadster32.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 11, 2009 19:17

Here my two electrics:

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: July 11, 2009 19:40

Nice Les Paul Standard.

Is that a factory installed Bigsby?

Date: July 11, 2009 19:46

My Gibson electrics.

Date: July 11, 2009 19:48

Gibson acoustics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-11 19:49 by fuman.

Date: July 11, 2009 22:33

King Bee, can you tell me about those Alden guitars? Like a super hard objective review? Please?

Date: July 11, 2009 23:15

Yow funman! That's a great collection! My Les Paul is 1998 R8. The Bigsby is not factory installed as I put it on but I can see yours is a factory job. Tell me about your Historics please!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 11, 2009 23:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-30 16:05 by Beelyboy.

Date: July 11, 2009 23:31

Could you post some pics Beely?

Date: July 11, 2009 23:40

yes chris thnx for askin. not on my own computer setup right now but do have pix of the Fender...as for bbt...i will post a youtube link of a short vid w me playing it on this thread asap..it's been up for a month but i can't remember the link...
fender was sanded and now has BEAUTIFUL natural wood finish...man i love it.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 12, 2009 02:16

audun-eg
My latest:

Are you satisfied with this guitar? Does it play well? As you know, I got this. a Edwards Keith relic:

And I´m very happy with this guitar, and thinking about getting another Edwards, so any info about your goldtop would be welcome.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-12 02:17 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: July 12, 2009 05:58

...better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-13 15:09 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: July 12, 2009 06:54

ChrisM
Yow funman! That's a great collection! My Les Paul is 1998 R8. The Bigsby is not factory installed as I put it on but I can see yours is a factory job. Tell me about your Historics please!

Your R8 has nice figuring. Perfect. Nice Strat too.

I had an early '80's Squier Strat, but gave it to a buddy years ago. Wrapped it in lots of bubble wrap, put it in a box, and mailed it to Oregon. Needless to say, he was surprised when it showed up. Miss that guitar now, oh well . . .

The left is a 1980 Standard 80, with Tim Shaw Humbuckers. I had it serviced through Gibson back in 1999. They put on a new neck (ouch) because it was twisting, and they touched up the finish. So it's modified, not investment quality. Nice thin neck, super sweet tone.

The right is a 2003 58 reissue, and I also put Tim Shaw double white humbuckers in that one recently. It came with Burstbuckers 2 and 3 (my fault to specify) which were way too hot. Pretty fat neck, which is a great change for me. Nice to have a totally different feel, forces me to change style (slightly).

The 2003 is all I need, but now's not the time to sell so I'll hang on for a while (years?).

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 12, 2009 09:44

Beelyboy
i've a 1961 Fender Jazzmaster, bought used at Manny's in New York in the sixties.
Jimi, Steve Jones and other icons have played it in the many years I've had it...
John Carruthers Guitars in Venice (formerly tech column in GP mag) totally modded it for me, probably losing all $ value as collectors piece...but i'm a working guy and needed what I needed. The neck is too sweet for description...the original electronics have been torn out...new face plate too...now have two EMG 81 pickups in it...and there is only a pickup selector, one volume pot and one tone...it's so lovely to have a pre CBS Fender product....

...my main thing i wanna share is my Taylor Big Baby; really a travel guitar, neck screwed on with two screws you can see on the actual fret board...

I got it so I could leave my better acoustic in storage as I travel and expose the instrument to great temperature changes...for ten months this thing has not let me down once...thru over 100 performances...just bring my kyser capo, harmonica holder and harmonicas...a cheap soundhole clip on Dimarzion pickup...no controls of every kind...and the thing just shines...
i'll post a billyrandom short vid (w horrible sound here...if anyone wants to see it.... but it's pretty common...love it...sounds great. real playable so to speak...very consistent...cheap tuners but maybe someday mod it...

Aha .... I spy with my little eye a mention of "travel guitars". I travel all the time for work, so taking something small & light with me became a major issue. Had a brief look at a Baby Taylor in a guitar shop in SW London, but then in the course of further surfing the net extensively in pursuit of other types of travel guitars, eventually settled on this.

[www.thebone.ch]

For those who live in the U.K. I can highly reccommend this place for all things "travel guitar", he stocks just about every model range from every manufacturer, it's great to have 'em all under one roof.

[www.playawayguitars.com]

Date: July 12, 2009 21:08

Funman, the 2003 Historics did indeed came with Burstbuckers. I believe that up until 2001 the Historic line came with '57 Classics, after which Burtbuckers were used. Up until 2001 as I recall the R8s came with figured tops but went plain after that, presumably Gibson wanted to save the figured maple for the more coveted R9s Do you post over on the Les Paul forum by the way?

I'm also dig your acoustics. I've always wanted a J-200 or J-150. Is your J-200 a 70's model? The bridge is fairly representative of that era.

Date: July 14, 2009 20:30

hey Chris and iorr'ers
Haven't found a pic of my fender yet, but here's the Taylor travel guitar holding me up in a performance in L.A. last Friday...dimarzio clip-on pickup...kyser capo on Fret 1. new song i'm still working on tentatively working-titled "Ride"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-14 20:32 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2009 20:53

ChrisM
Here my two electrics:

very nice instruments ,can you tell me about your two tone sunburst strat it looks like a fender custom shop alder strat ,and what kinda pickups are you using in both the les paul and your strat?

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 14, 2009 21:00

98 52 tele reisue w a gibson paf in the neck
06 les paul standard wburst buckers
08 martin 000
Greco Zemaitis GZ -500 metal top. I love this guitar

Date: July 14, 2009 23:05

nankerphlege
98 52 tele reisue w a gibson paf in the neck
06 les paul standard wburst buckers
08 martin 000
Greco Zemaitis GZ -500 metal top. I love this guitar
Can you share some pics nanker?

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 14, 2009 23:48

fender tele red
mexican version great copy gets out of tune though : any suggestions on that ?
another exectric
two accoustic guitars
two base guitars
that is my guitar collection
and a basic of a drum set snare 2 crashers
and a piano

with all those instruments around my home could be defined as a "music home" if you know what i mean..

sometimes you come ito a home with no instruments and you feel bad !

dinner !

Date: July 15, 2009 00:52

audun, I see your online, please see my post above.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 15, 2009 00:54

Chris M---

I will have to try, I dont have any yet. I have just got married, moved, and I have no clue how to work my wife's camera!!! let alone download pics. But I will have to see If I can get her to help. My z made the move but the other three are waiting for a place to be cleared for them in my new home! So I may only have on pic.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: July 15, 2009 01:11

mickijaggeroo
audun-eg
My latest:

Are you satisfied with this guitar? Does it play well? As you know, I got this. a Edwards Keith relic:

And I´m very happy with this guitar, and thinking about getting another Edwards, so any info about your goldtop would be welcome.

The Edwards Goldtop is a very nice guitar. I've adjusted it to my own likings, and it plays just as good as my original Les Paul. (different neck-profile set aside.) The PU's was replaced with Lindy Fralins when I bought it, and I can't imagine this was for the worse as it sounds amazing!
It is built very well and if one can't afford the original (or simply won't spend that much money) the Edwards is surely a "bang for the buck"!
Wouldn't hesitate to buy another Edwards!

Have been looking for the Edwards "Keith-relic" that you have, unsuccesfully though.

Anyway, I've now managed to get a japanese Fender Tele '72 Custom reissue second hand and accept it to arrive by mail in a couple of days. Will post a picture as soon as it has arrived

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: July 15, 2009 02:15

Thanks for the answer, I´ll most likely invest in another Edwards. The Keith relic, well, the one I bought is the last one I´ve seen, unfortunately.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 15, 2009 06:35

The Greek
very nice instruments ,can you tell me about your two tone sunburst strat it looks like a fender custom shop alder strat ,and what kinda pickups are you using in both the les paul and your strat?
Hi Greek. The Les Paul has stock '57 Classics. I replaced the control pots with a vintage style set from RS Guitar Works and wired it with '50s style wiring, which really worked wonders on the tone as the stock pots were linear tapers instead of audio tapers, which allow much more control over tone and volume. I flipped the neck PU's magnet so as to get an out of phase sound when both both PUs are turned on. As to the Strat, it's a CIJ (Crafted In Japan) '57 Reissue model made in 2005. The PUs are stock and I quite like them but like the Les Paul the control pots need to be replaced with audio tapers which I will do sometime in the next few weeks. I have to say that the Strat is versatile guitar and it has great tone, despite the pots.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2009 15:50

ChrisM
The Greek
Hi Greek. The Les Paul has stock '57 Classics. I replaced the control pots with a vintage style set from RS Guitar Works and wired it with '50s style wiring, which really worked wonders on the tone as the stock pots were linear tapers instead of audio tapers, which allow much more control over tone and volume. I flipped the neck PU's magnet so as to get an out of phase sound when both both PUs are turned on. As to the Strat, it's a CIJ (Crafted In Japan) '57 Reissue model made in 2005. The PUs are stock and I quite like them but like the Les Paul the control pots need to be replaced with audio tapers which I will do sometime in the next few weeks. I have to say that the Strat is versatile guitar and it has great tone, despite the pots.
very cool ,i also use the 57 classic on my neck and the 57classic plus for the bridge pickup on my les pauls and my flying V.on my 1993 fender(two tone sunburst) usa reissue 57 strat i had the factory stock pickups which were very thin sounding so i switched to the fender custom shop texas special pickups which sounded to harsh as i have the maple neck with the alder body so then i got the fender custom shop fat 50ies pickups which sound much better.i also have a 1998 fender custom shop1954 reissue strat(aztec gold ash body with a birdseye maple neck with the custom shop 1954 pickups )this guitar screams with tone something about a ash body that just sounds so sweet .i have to say i think that is cool how you flipped the neck pickup around on your les paul for the peter green vibe .so when you do that you are supposed to get like a single coil type sound ? i have a 1994 gibson les paul premium plus cherry sunburst with the AAA TOP (tiger stripe) which came with the stock pickups which i did not like and my other one is a 1971 gibson les paul custom (black) without volute which also had the stock t-pat pickups which i replaced with the 57 classic in the neck and the 57 classic plus in the bridge and last but not least the gibson 1982 heritage reissue korina flying V with the same setup with 57 classic in the neck and the 57 classic in the bridge .i have to say i really like the 57 buckers because they are wax potted and there is no squeal .i know the pickups in the fifties were not wax potted but oh well by the way the korina flying V screams but its very hard to play sitting down its meant to be strapped on standing it has the no skid strip on the treble side but that thing is a joke ,but man this guitar reeks of tone i also have a 1991 gibson cardinal red firebird V with stock pickups which also screams think the johnny winter sound and next i have a 1993 fender usa reissue 1952 butterscotch tele (keef) with the fender custom shop texas special pickups and oh my god what a great tone from this instrument wow and for acoustic i have a 1972 martin d-41 (indian).for amps i have a 1971 fender (silverface)twin reverb , a 1962 fender(brown) super (great tube vibrato),and my workhorse amp is a 1998 fender (red tolex) prosonic which is a really great amp .its like the best of two worlds you have the clean channel which is like a blackface fender vibrolux,and then you have the burn channel which gives you the marshall sound the speakers are celstion 10' which sound like the celestion vintage 30 awesome so you can go from fender twang which i cant get enough to the stomp of the footswitch to the marshall sound and all tube amp 5881 power tubes with a 5AR4 tube rectifer.very versatile combo amp. i have to get pics taken so i can post them

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home