Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gettin Damn Frustrated-When do 1st 10 Rows Drop?
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 20, 2006 04:18

Is there any rhyme or reason as to when Ticketmaster drops the first 10 rows for $99?

For Twickers, I got them about a month and a half before. For Regina, exactly one week before (that evening).

Been waitin and waitin for Vancouver to drop, but nothing yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Gettin Damn Frustrated-When do 1st 10 Rows Drop?
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 20, 2006 04:33

i'd like to know this too - has there been one for LA?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 20, 2006 11:17

What is a ticket drop anyways? New tickets release at a lower price as well?
How do you know if there is one for the first 10 rows?

Date: November 20, 2006 18:16

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is a ticket drop anyways? New tickets release
> at a lower price as well?
> How do you know if there is one for the first 10
> rows?

They are tickets that are turned back, added, or freed up for some reason that they put on sale. They are not necessarily the first 10 rows, they include others, but those first 10 rows are $99, same price as they were when they first went on sale, supposedly to give the "true fans" to sit up close for a reasonable price.

plexi

Date: November 20, 2006 18:25

I heard the first 10 rows are part of the AMEX VIP ticket packages... The ticket is $99, but the VIP package costs $1,500 USD

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 20, 2006 18:39

sometimes they don't drop at all. Depends on the show.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 20, 2006 18:43

Yeah, those sound like last minute returns. I had great seats at the 1989 STEEL WHEELS show waiting a few hours before show time before I bought 2 tickets - a lot of great seats rolled in....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 20, 2006 20:59

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Yeah, those sound like last minute returns. I had
> great seats at the 1989 STEEL WHEELS show waiting
> a few hours before show time before I bought 2
> tickets - a lot of great seats rolled in....

i went through craziness to get tickets for the '89 sold out shows in oakland - but had to use the newspaper classifieds to find scalpers - remember those days?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 20, 2006 21:35

Did you miss the drop about a week ago of first 10 rows in the side sections F2 and F9? Or are you looking for drops in the Sections more towards the center of the stage? I would not count on those center sections coming up.

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: November 20, 2006 21:36

Just for the record:

two weeks ago, tickets were dropped in the $99 dollar barcket in sections F9 F8 the first ten rows, the entire section was dropped on a sunday. some people did manage to buy some of these.

The first ten rows were divided between the Band's VIP and the general onsale. The Hot seats were around rows 11-15. A hand full of tickets were also given to the fan club.

Unless some tickets from the band are not used they are going to be dropped, that can happen at any time, even on a sunday. Sometimes they dont get released at all.

Date: November 21, 2006 01:07

I want first 10 rows, A4, A5 or A6.

Crazy am I?

I got these same tickets at Twickenham II and at Regina I for the local equivalent to $99.

Where is Section F? Ticketmaster's map is poor, doesn't show F, doesn't show others that come up on their system such as LL. Is there a better map of the seating at the BC Dome that shows all the seats>

What about day of the show at the box office, might some go on sale then?

The Plexiglass

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: November 21, 2006 02:02

The stands for field, the map that is on ticketmaster is actaully what its oging to look like...LL? where are you getting that info?

Roger

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 21, 2006 02:09

little queenie Wrote:
> MicksBrain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah, those sound like last minute returns. I
> had
> > great seats at the 1989 STEEL WHEELS show
> waiting
> > a few hours before show time before I bought 2
> > tickets - a lot of great seats rolled in....
>
> i went through craziness to get tickets for the
> '89 sold out shows in oakland - but had to use the
> newspaper classifieds to find scalpers - remember
> those days?
Hell yeah Lil' Queenie! I did the same for East troy, Wisconsin in '89. Scored 17th row center. The guy had a stack about a foot high !

Posted by: MidnightRambler ()
Date: November 21, 2006 02:56

Just nabbed a single in F20, B-stage. Anyone have an opinion about that section?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: November 21, 2006 03:02

It's great for about 4 songs & not great for about 15 songs.

Posted by: MidnightRambler ()
Date: November 21, 2006 03:41

sdstonesguy Wrote:
> It's great for about 4 songs & not great for about
> 15 songs.

yeah I figure I'll be roaming around a bit, aisle seat will make it easy.

Posted by: stonesgirl ()
Date: November 21, 2006 05:15

I was at a local TM outlet today here in Vancouver. The guy himself was a Stones fan, so we got to talking. I wanted to see what was out there for upgrades to my 2 tix, and all he could pull up was the $375 tickets. He let me look at the screen and it clearly said at the top the price ranges. Turns out there are two blocks of $99's for Vancouver, which I already surmised from what ppl here said - that there are the first few rows for that price and then way back on the floor. Unfortunately, the $99s up front said NONE and the back ones said SOME.

He also told me that right after Van the man was canceled, many people came back and returned their tickets. He said at that time you could get good seats, but he doesn't really remember where the seats were (price range) other than them being good.

I don't think there are F seats for the floor, as most are coded A5, B5, C5, D5 etc, but I do know that an L2 seat is way better than an L4 seat. L2 means lower level bowl, where L4 means upper bowl. The rows them start by letter, so row A is first row lower bowl and then after Z it goes double digits like AA, BB etc.

Being someone who works at some concerts here in town (not the Stones tho unfortunately) and has been to a few etc, the day to check would be the day of the concert, if they do drop at all. That is when the stage is set up and they know if they can add extra seats etc. That is how I went from the nosebleeds to right in front of the stage for Mellencamp many years ago...it was my first concert and I will always remember that.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: November 21, 2006 05:43

I may post a nice BC ticket for sale at a good price for a good fan with a health taste for drink and standing the whole show--row 29 right on the B-Stage aisle. I live in Seattle and got connected to 2 seats for Vancouver and am having trouble getting someone to go it is a holiday weekend. But I'll be there with gusto.

I have never figured out how to use/post on Shidoobe or woudl post there too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home