Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: LAX to Dodger Stadium: Suggestions Requested
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 20, 2006 20:26

NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bus, train, TAXI, rent-a-car, car pool with other
> Stones fans... whatever you do, don't
> walk...Dodger Stadium is in a bad-ass
> neighborhood...

Amen to that. I saw them in Dodger Stadium in 1997. Took a cab there, but in that pre-cell phone era I walked out of the stadium after the show and went several blocks to find a pay phone. Big mistake, I was scared for my life several times. The cab didn't even want to come and pick me up, and it took them FOREVER to get there. If you are cabbing it out of there, make sure you have a cell phone with you and don't leave the stadium before calling!

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 20, 2006 21:11

soundcheck, I wasn't implying that primetime would drop you off because they're nice, of course you'd have to pay. I just was mentioning that I found them nicer than supershuttle, sorry if that wasn't clear. Just if that made a difference to some. If the price is the same that would help me make the decision so that's why I mentioned it. I don't think that's absurd.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 20, 2006 21:33

... got it cali... thanks

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 21, 2006 00:25

soundcheck Wrote:
> ... tip of day for la travelers,,,,,,, do not
> mention or complain about air or traffic , you
> will present yourself as a novice fool .. ..
> traffic is accepted and workable, and the sunsets,
> night lights are impressive..

And the smog is lovely this time of year!

Date: November 21, 2006 00:25

i'm a little nervous, because my flight doesn't get in until 4pm. i'm just praying for no delays; with the way my luck has been regarding the stones, lately, though, it'll be a huge suprise of the damn flight (or show) isn't cancelled!

you can't catch me!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 21, 2006 00:30

The Notorious NIK Wrote:
> i'm a little nervous, because my flight doesn't
> get in until 4pm. i'm just praying for no delays;
> with the way my luck has been regarding the
> stones, lately, though, it'll be a huge suprise of
> the damn flight (or show) isn't cancelled!

Yeah NIK, I am in the same boat. Flying out of Oakland, getting into LAX at 4:30. Got a hotel room booked near the stadium. I am counting on cabs getting me around. But I am counting on the stones typical 1HR break before coming on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-21 04:35 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: jacremise ()
Date: November 21, 2006 03:14

I rent a car near LAX it's pretty cheap & I think the only way to go. big bang I forget to say that I LOVE LA and people here, I have a great time in your city.

Date: November 21, 2006 07:15

jacremise Wrote:
> I rent a car near LAX it's pretty cheap & I think
> the only way to go. big bang I forget to say that
> I LOVE LA and people here, I have a great time in
> your city.

Problem is, rental companies don't tend to lend cars to unliscenced 20-year olds. Now if the show was a couple hundred miles south in Tijuana, that would be another story . . .

you can't catch me!

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: November 21, 2006 08:23

I've lived in Echo Park for over 20 years. You will not have a problem walking out of Dodger Stadium west on Sunset to Echo Park/Silverlake.
That will take a half an hour at most. Once there, there are many bars and restaurants.
There is a great bar on Sunset about a mile from Dodger Stadium called the Short Stop. Great jukebox, dark atmosphere, draft beer etc. It can be trendy but not on Thanksgiving Eve after a Stones show. It will be packed.
Same with Little Joy JR's which is two block after the other bar. Then of course there's also Barrigans, Taix, The Brite Spot, all places within half hour walking distance.
Traffic can suck bad at Dodger Staduim, it's not a bad idea to park and walk if your in decent shape.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 21, 2006 08:37

well, I'm from SF and has said to myself, no way I'm going to go to the dodgers after Boise, but shit, I couldn't help my self and now have front row tickets in sec. 7. flying into LAx and then taking the shuttle to a friend who is coming with me from Santa monica. We are driving, but he said to allow two hours! However, I know I'll make it as he loves bonnie Raitt - good luck everyone, we have to see the boys out in style! Woo wooo...

Date: November 21, 2006 09:14

If some of you are staying in the same hotel or hotels near each other than it may be worth it to share a cab and split the cost. You really shouldn't walk the neighborhoods unless you're with someone from there or in a large crowd. Just be careful.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home