Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LAX to Dodger Stadium: Suggestions Requested
Date: November 20, 2006 01:48

For those of us lacking the necessary liscenses . . . (I know, maybe it's a mistake to go to LA) . . . anybody know of an (affordable) method of transport for LAX to Dodger Stadium? How much would a taxi set me back? I know LA is a nightmare as far as public transport is concerned, but I really don't want to hitchhike . . . (despite the fact that I would be enacting one of my favourite "modish" Stones tunes!)

you can't catch me!

Re: LAX to Dodger Stadium: Suggestions Requested
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 20, 2006 01:58

where you coming from NIK?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2006 02:12

If you are on a budget then there is actually public transportation in LA, like in all other cities in the States. They have a sort of limited area and time schedule metro, if you have plenty of time, and there are buses. Go downtown (nothing happens there, but it's close to Dodger) then get another bus or walk 2 miles to Dodger. I have done it. It's not that hard. But you will be one of the few walking in LA of course - the city with more cars than people. PS. Taxi will cost you 30-40 dollars depending on traffic etc.

Bjornulf

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: November 20, 2006 02:27

Notorious Nik

If you walk in or around LA you may have people stopping to ask if you are lost??.

I did, they looked quite surprised lot of weird looks and head shaking followed when I replied "No I am fine thanks, I am just out for a walk " :-D

So you may have a good chance of getting a lift if you ask them nicely.

Date: November 20, 2006 03:36

Bus, train, TAXI, rent-a-car, car pool with other Stones fans... whatever you do, don't walk...Dodger Stadium is in a bad-ass neighborhood...

Posted by: Annie415 ()
Date: November 20, 2006 04:18

I read somewhere (can't remember) that someone booked a Super Shuttle from LAX to a Days Inn or some place like that that is a couple hundred yards from entrance to Dodger Stadium for $15 each way. Still a bit of a walk to your seat, but fairly inexpensive if it's true.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 20, 2006 04:26

NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bus, train, TAXI, rent-a-car, car pool with other
> Stones fans... whatever you do, don't
> walk...Dodger Stadium is in a bad-ass
> neighborhood...

Damn, aren't there any good neighborhoods in LA?

Date: November 20, 2006 05:16

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> where you coming from NIK?

portland . . .

and thanks for the info, mr. vik

you can't catch me!

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: November 20, 2006 05:54

Dodger Stadium is in a park next to a Police Shooting Range. It's not that bad. Walking there is a bad idea if you're not closer than a couple of miles.
Echo Park and Elysian Park are not bad neighborhoods these days.
There are many Stones fans meeting at a very popular Mexican Restaurant (Barrigans) just a mile up Sunset.
I'd say it's safe to walk a couple of miles if you need.
Cabs are expensive though.

Posted by: jacremise ()
Date: November 20, 2006 08:08

just arrive in LA, don't know about neighborhoods, but walkin surely can be deadly, the atmosphere here is unbreathable.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:13

There is another company like supershuttle called primetime that i have found has better rates from my college in the LA area than supershuttle. I also think the people are nicer, if that makes a difference to you. You can book them online at primetime.com. You could probably have them drop you off at the stadium if you wanted to. I ususally use Ontario airport and for there you need to have a reservation for leaving the airport, but I think for LAX you can just go up and tell them where you want to go.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 20, 2006 15:06

letitbleed Wrote:
> Echo Park and Elysian Park are not bad
> neighborhoods these days.

Echo Park after dark? I don't think so. . . .

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: November 20, 2006 16:55

You can talk the FLY AWAY Bus from LAX, you cant miss it, its a Big Ass Bus, it has the FLY AWAY written on the Bus and that will take you to Union Satation. You can get a taxi from union station to dodger stadium and it should be cheaper that way.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 20, 2006 17:52

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bus, train, TAXI, rent-a-car, car pool with
> other
> > Stones fans... whatever you do, don't
> > walk...Dodger Stadium is in a bad-ass
> > neighborhood...
>
>
> Damn, aren't there any good neighborhoods in LA?

yes

Date: November 20, 2006 17:53

jacremise Wrote:
> just arrive in LA, don't know about neighborhoods,
> but walkin surely can be deadly, the atmosphere
> here is unbreathable.

Then get your ass back on the plane, and GO HOME.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 20, 2006 17:57

for anybody in L.A. for the Stones this week.......i'm pluggin' this band from Vancouver, Canada called "LIONS IN THE STREET"......they're playin' tonight at "Safari Sam's" on Sunset Blvd......and tommorow in Hollywood at the "Key Club" (free)..........highly influenced by the Stones, Faces, etc.......have a GREAT 5 song ep and a myspace site with samples of their music.........don't know them personally......just absolutely love their sound/songs

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 20, 2006 18:07

You're tuggin' on my heartstrings dude.(This is why I HATE having company come here to visit) The Public Transportation in this city SUCKS !!! It's the worst in the world !! I would met up with the Stones fans at that Mexican restaurant on Sunset and get a ride from there. If it wasn't for Thanksgiving I'd try to help out (the GF is Italian....that means 50 family members showing up, AT LEAST fifty....OK, I'm slightly exagerating - 40? - seems like more than 50 until I kick down some Tequila based drinks with some M.L.Helper's - after that it doesn't matter, nothing does. I have to sit here and help - get the house ready, fix little things, clean up, help slightly with the food, run to the store for little things forgotten, puke from all the joyful pre holiday preperation "fun", etc. etc.....JANUARY 3rd can't get here fast enough for me) I don't know what to tell you bongster. You usually have to book a shuttle ahead of time from LAX. I would give them a call. You know, when you live here and have a car you have NO IDEA how to function without a car so the above mentioned advice is alot better then anything I can give. If I think of something I'll get in touch...The Taxi's ain't cheap. The buses do run but give yourself 6 to 8 hours (for every 10 miles) - LOS ANGELES - CITY OF NIGHTMARES (the Angels don't have to worry, they have wings, stay above all the shit).....PS MicknSteven have a good idea above (I think) sounds workable.....WHAT A STUPID DATE AND VENUE FOR A CONCERT !!!

Date: November 20, 2006 18:09

IMO..........skip the public transportation..............RENT A CAR!!!!!........you'll soon appreciate the freedom to be stuck in traffic

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 20, 2006 18:14

Is the CAPS LOCK button making a comeback or what?

Date: November 20, 2006 18:15

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Is the CAPS LOCK button making a comeback or what?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 20, 2006 18:21

BIGBANG, You're gonna DEFEND LA? THIS CITY SUCKS my friend (and I've been living here for decades and decades when I haven't been traveling and living overseas for a spell). Before my time they USED to have a wonderful transport system called the LITTLE RED TROLLY CARS that went EVERYWHERE. GM and Ford made sure those disappeared. I live part time in Paris and can get ANYWHERE on foot, metro, bus very quickly (same with every other world class city). There's just no defending LA when it comes to MASS TRANSIT (anymore then there is defending the 9/11 hijackers) so don't try. LA PUBLIC TRANSPORT SUCKS !!!! It's actually worse than KISS (the Band) if that's possible.....

Date: November 20, 2006 18:23

L.A. was made to be a "car town"..............way too spread out for mass transit...........even the San Fernando Valley is bigger then NY City

Date: November 20, 2006 18:38

Yeah but Leonard, when the LITTLE RED TROLLEY CARS were around (check out their history on google/yahoo - take a look at the amazing coverage on the map) they worked great (this is from older people I've talked to that lived here then) - they went EVERYWHERE. GM and FORD wanted to turn LA into a "Swingin' Car Town" so they sabatoged the Trollies and got their way (and now we're paying for it) LA's not the only spread out city on the planet. Look at TOKYO, LONDON, BANGKOK, MIAMI, SAO PAULO, MEXICO CITY, etc etc... No excuses for stupid. Short sighted local government - TOM BRADLEY - cough cough.....We should have monorails zooming around everywhere like the Jetsons...(not expensive to build SUBWAYS underground in shakin' earthquake land....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-21 12:43 by MicksBrain.

Date: November 20, 2006 18:42

yeah MB.........$ rules.........i would've rather seen them put the $ into hiring more police, instead of the Subway System (lame idea from day 1).......cars are deep into our blood here.........too late

Date: November 20, 2006 18:45

Of course I'm going to defend it... It's my hometown. Granted, I live in the suburbs and have my own bimmer to get around in BUT if people know the deal here and still come here and still complain, then their gonne get s**t from me.

As bv would say... "Simple as that."

I don't think that is unreasonable.

Date: November 20, 2006 18:54

Oh yeah Leonard, I agree, It's all too late now. This piece meal MTA (Light Rail/Subway/Bus) doesn't seem to be connecting/working too well yet. Maybe some people are making it to work sans car but I don't know anyone (I work at home self employed so I'm lucky - kinda - I like moving around) Maybe all these public transports will hook up/sync up someday and it will all work fine, let's hope....

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 20, 2006 19:20

... some interesting 'advice' above.. not that i want to be wagon master, but.. ......
you didnt mention when you were intending to arrive and the gap between arrival and show time, thats important information for a workable equation .......
#1,, a cab from lax to the stadium will be considerable more than 40 bucks, especially if your dealing with that wednesday which will be a work release day for many and get this, the day before thanksgiven which is a given to be the busiest travelin'day of the year.. travelers will be throwing 'c' notes at cabbies that day like used kleenix..
#2,, to imply primetime or anyone else for that matter will easily drop you off at dodger stadium cause they are nice guys is impling LA is mayberry and don knots has nothing else to do.. absurd.
#3,, echo park, los felix, sunset stretch is an eclectic alive area that is very cool, and a sought after place to live for some affluent folk,, the sidewalks do not roll up at dusk like some may be used too..
.... relax all you la travelers, drop the fear, enjoy the city,, and remember, the highway is for gamblers, just take what ya need that ya think will last...........

Posted by: jacremise ()
Date: November 20, 2006 19:21

hey big bang I don't understand your reaction sorry if i hurt you, it wasn't the meaning, just a fact, i come to visit your country not only LA, but may be you need some fresh air too.

Date: November 20, 2006 19:42

jacremise Wrote:
> hey big bang I don't understand your reaction
> sorry if i hurt you, it wasn't the meaning, just a
> fact, i come to visit your country not only LA,
> but may be you need some fresh air too.

Sorry for my rudeness. It just gets old hearing negative things about L.A. ... Maybe you get used to low air quality, but it's not the only place that has smog. For some reason I never hear "Man, NY City air sucks!" but we all know it does. Maybe because it's the Big Apple, and 9/11 and that (insufferable) Rudolf Guiliani) and all that crap.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 20, 2006 19:59

... tip of day for la travelers,,,,,,, do not mention or complain about air or traffic , you will present yourself as a novice fool .. .. traffic is accepted and workable, and the sunsets, night lights are impressive..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home