Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

semi OT: going to California
Posted by: jacremise ()
Date: November 16, 2006 04:44

Hello I’m French, I’m going to see the stones in LA, guess it will be a meeting before the show to see some of you there , let me know. Then I will spend some time in the USA, I would like to travel in California, Arizona, New mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Florida…
I appreciate if some kind soul can give me some tricks, advices & addresses for some Music places, bars, must see and especially places for jam session, I’m a guitar player & I love to play the blues, R&B, rock’n’roll. I’ll be glad to meet some of you guys on this trip.
Thank you.

Get your kicks on route 66

Re: semi OT: going to California
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 16, 2006 05:18

.... welcome to southern california, los angeles and surrounding areas, the left side of the states......
if this is your first visit, your eyes will be open...............

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: November 16, 2006 06:13

I hear that next month The Rolling Stones are organizing a free concert at the Altamont Motor Speedway - that might be fun if you're still around.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 16, 2006 06:27

Greetings from Sunny Southern California. First of all, I would get your sight seeing out of the way. Travel from the Sunset Strip down Sunset Boulevard to the Pacific Coast Highway, make a right and ride out to Malibu. Watch a sunset. Go back to Hollywood (I assume you will be staying in Hollywood. I wouldn't advise you to LIVE there, but it's a great place to stay for a short visit.) During the day, go shopping on Melrose Avenue at Fairfax. Grap a copy of LA Weekly and see what's going on. Otherwise, enjoy the weather, marvel at hills near the size of mountains in Hollywood. There's an old saying, "You can go to California, visit, then go back to from whence you came, but you'll never get it out of your system." Think I'm kidding?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-16 06:29 by Carnaby.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 16, 2006 07:07

Make sure to bring an oxygen bottle, so you can breath through the smog.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 16, 2006 07:09

Check out the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 16, 2006 09:33

...for a little contrast, a field trip , check out fifth and main st. and surrounding area in downtown los angeles,, usually referred to skid row

then scoot up off the 405 to the Getty muesuem about three oclock,, the way the weather has been, ya can see japan and south america, besides the incrediable art only Getty can posses.. and when dusk begins to arrive and the lights come alive, youll realize your not in france anymore............

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 16, 2006 10:14

The California Coast is God's country, breathtaking.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 16, 2006 13:28

While in Arizona, try to see the Grand Canyon - the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 16, 2006 16:20

If you go to Austin when you're in Texas, go there on a night when Ian McLagan does his weekly gig at the Lucky Lounge. Check his macspages.com website ahead of time.

Seeing a legend playing in a tiny club/bar....best thing ever.

Date: November 16, 2006 17:58

A pre-show party will be held at

Barragan's Mexican Restaurant
1538 Sunset Blvd

4pm. It's just a mile away from the Dodger Stadium.

The Mrs. and I will also be there.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 16, 2006 20:01

if you have time......Amoeba Records at Sunset & Cahuenga......give yourself plenty of time to look around..........and be prepared to spend your life savings

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 16, 2006 20:37

You'll have fun in Kolly-forn-knee-ya - for sure.
are gonna bring your guitar?

Date: November 16, 2006 21:15

If in Florida, visit Georgia.

Date: November 16, 2006 21:43

woah! thank you so much you all, you're so cool , child of the moon i'll definitely come to see you at barragan. i plan to stay 2 months with my girlfriend, just travel around, hope to find some good guitars overthere & bring them back home, i take note of all your messages, thanks again

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 16, 2006 22:01

And I thought this was going to be about a Led Zepplin song.

Date: November 16, 2006 22:27

Elmo wrote:

If in Florida, visit Georgia.

I'm serious. If you're that close, come on by. We'll have a drink and listen to the Stones.

sbking@wildblue.net

Date: November 17, 2006 02:40

Thank you Elmo, it would be great , if I come around I let you know,
I'm a big fan of Ray Charles & James Brown, I would like to see where they came from, Georgia, the name make me dream ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home