Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: A Plea To Zeus! PLEASE DON'T POSTPONE DODGER STADIUM!
Date: October 30, 2006 18:49

Yeah, Honolulu didn't sell out the stadium here like it did '98, two shows.
The new ticket prices may have something to do with it however all of the $99 lower level seats on the sidelines sold quickly for the 11/22 show. The $350 & $160 seat sales are sluggish.
Hawaii locals aer extremely money conscious and I had said before the Stones probably outpriced themselves out of the market here this time. Such a shame however....VEGAS here we come BABY! lol

Blaisdell arena would be awesome. They played there in 1966 and 3 shows in 1973 when it was called the Honolulu International Center, same venue, different name now, but very small. Not one bad seat in the house.

Perhaps Mick, Clinton or even bv could purchase the remaining Honolulu seats and donate them to charity? The the show MUST go on!
;-)

Re: Honolulu Cancelled !! Los Angeles postponed !!
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:51

phd wrote: ""Unable to fill any stadium without having to drastically cut the prices. The musical area has changed profoundly in the US and they did not realize it. A brutal signal was the poor selling of ABB which is a great album by Stones standards."

The selling of ABB was really poor in the US, in comparison to the rest of the planet and to older Stones albums, of course. But this factor didn't prevent the northamerican leg of the tour from being very successful, from it's start to March 2006. We can add some concerts of the current leg, too (Halifax, Louisville, etc).
So i think your conclusion is a bit exaggerated, a kind of sweeping generalization, unless you believe that the musical area in the US has changed during the fall... Things are simple: Do you want to visit the same places - N. York, Boston, LA- for 4th or 5th time during the ABB tour? Fine. Then you (A) have to offer clearly lower prices for all, from the beginning (which would be fair enough). Or you (cool smiley have to give later special prices, even lower, as for a part of the tickets. They prefered the second method - probably it's more profitable. But it's dangerous too..

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:52

How F**ked up is that? The stones know about the date changing, but they havent told us yet? WOW......How sad, and everyone wants to defened them...

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:55

well they have told us right? they haven't told non obsessed fans but i think its safe to say shidoobes/iorrs/rocksoffers all know right?

maybe thats why people like BV are told right? TO LET US KNOW!

so stop your whining after all YOU know.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:02

The bigger picture though is that most ticketbuyers dont read Stones message boards. Through no fault of their own, many are as we speak, probably buying tickets and booking flights and hotels for shows like this in the understandable belief that everything is scheduled to go ahead as planned. Its not the job of people on message boards to do the Stones organisation's work for them

Theres NO excuse for rs.com holding back information like this if its true. What the f**k are people paying $100 a year for if you cant even rely on these people to tell you that a show has been cancelled?

Re: A Plea To Zeus! PLEASE DON'T POSTPONE DODGER STADIUM!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:04

MicknSteven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> when the Stones see Dodger Stadium, they wont know
> what to think, people have travel plans for
> Thanksgiving!

they'll probably think "@#$%& this - we're going home!"

Date: October 30, 2006 19:06

well of course you're right gazza but couldn't one look at it this way:

they haven't cancelled shows yet but are giving us an early world that they intend to

i agree the stones organization is not very fan friendly but even when they do fan friendly things no one gives them credit... selling $25 and $50 tickets to the beacon shows was a nice thing to do! trying the whole wristband thingie was an attempt to limit the impact of scalpers etc...

but yah.. cohl's outfit is not the grateful dead ticket service..now that was great! depending on when you joined you got better and better tickets etc.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:06

dougie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is totally unbelievable is: They are still
> selling Honolulu tickets as of this moment. That
> is really sad- Does the Stones Organization care
> at all about their fans???

Oh No Not This Again!!!

We know that from summer 2006 in Europe...

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:07

What a pathetic way for this band to end their stature...just a fizzle out like an old man who can't even get it up. I say BOO to the Stones...just as they now say to their fans...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:09

The Stones organisation has become far too big and corporate. For that, read impersonal and uncaring.

You can't blame the band for the organisation's day to day ommisions and screw ups...but I wish they'd wake up and see just how much folks have consistantly been pissed off by Stones Inc over the last few months.
It does leave a sour taste, regardless of where the blame lies and whether or not you subscibe to the popular conspiracy theories.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:21

Wellnow that BV confirms, I guess it must be true about Honolulu. But the poor ticket sales quotes just brings up more TM mystery for me. Two hours after tickets went on sale, YOU COULD NOT GET A FLOOR SEAT AT A TM OUTLET IN HAWAII BECAUSE THEY WERE LISTED AS SOLD OUT.

Now as a personal gripe, adding Honolulu now takes my total of cancelled/ missed shows up to 8 and the shows that I saw to 10 on this tour, so for me it seems a roughly 50/50 chance of seeing the Stones.

To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When will they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucmenet from the stage at Dodger stadium?

I know BV will wax philospohic about how you have to accept this as being part of the Stones fanatics that tour, and I am pleased he can be so ZEN, but I am finally after over 30 years beginning to crack. I flew family out to AC on mileage that coud have been rebanked if we had been given 24 hours notice.That I could handle, BUT IF WE WERE ALL MISLEAD ON THE BASIS OF AN INSURANCE PAYMENT, does that not seem a bit untehical to even the most ardent supporter? I means sins of ommision are still sins!

I mean BV , that is like telling your wife " I did not want to tell you I had syphlis till the test confrimed it, so sorry your are @#$%&" If you know that something you are going to do might screw some people over, shouldn"t you forewarn them? Isn't that why cars have break lights built in?

And I just do not even buy the voice thing , there were rehearsals the day before and after AC was to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-31 08:34 by kahoosier.

Date: October 30, 2006 19:24

man that insurance thing if true sounds BRUTAL...

i feel frustrated with that....

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:35

Screwing more fans over. They can go screw themself and take Cohl with them!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:52

Other bands cancel poor selling shows and entire tours all the time if needed, to balance profit. We have been lucky most of the time, as they do perform even if the venue is poorly sold. But it seems like they might break this rule now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 30, 2006 19:54

Based on the speed in which they had decided that November 17th was the repalcement date for Atlantic City, it's clear to me that it had already been in the works. The insurance thing makes perfect sense and because issues with Mick's voice has a history of cancelling/postponing shows, they went with that excuse.

It's obvious the decision was made to cancel the Hawaii show and to give the guys a full week after Austin to prepare for the Beacon shows. Mick didn't just wake up on Friday morning with laryngitus and by 11am, they not only knew that Friday's show had to be cancelled, but they already had the makeup date of November 17th, a date which then causes logistical issues with the November 18th L.A. show. It's clearly been in the works to revamp the schedule and the medical issue was a convenient excuse.

I'm glad that since I will attend the L.A. show that I have the advance word on it being pushed to a later day, but it does make me wonder if they are going to wait until November 18th to notify people? Most Stones fans won't know that Atlantic City is now rescheduled for the night before L.A. and that Mick no longer can do 2 straight nights of shows.

They could easily pull the sick excuse on us on the 18th, saying he needs a few days to recover and that the makeup show will be on the 22nd. This in turn will mean that the Hwaii show will have to be cancelled. Not only will this seemingly help them with their insurance claims, but they can keep selling tickets for both L.A. and Honolulu and make interest on the money they collect, since they know they are going to have to refund all the Hawaii ticket money and a fair amount of money for L.A. tickets that will be returned to Ticketmaster because of the new date.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 30, 2006 20:00

they could always try the 'ol promotional stunt...........a free turkey with a paid admission to Dodger Stadium

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: October 30, 2006 20:09

Try this one. Some years ago I went to see M.Jackson (don't laugh) at Wembley stadium. It was packed. Shortly before the show his manager came on stage to say MJ was sick and the show was cancelled.

Some time after, when I was at the gym I met one of the roadies. He said they all knew the show was off. But it went ahead anyway for insurance purposes.

If that was the Stones policy I wonder what we,d say about that.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 30, 2006 20:11

how bout a free Dodger Dog and a coupon for a free Starbucks?

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 30, 2006 20:17

I wont be suprised if they announce the move to the 22nd soon, then after they see that Thousands of tickets get returned they end up CNX the dodger stadium show.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: October 30, 2006 20:20

It didn,t bother me but I can see how it would infuriate people travelling a fair distance. It also didn,t bother me because I got laid in the car park. Cheers Micheal.

Date: October 30, 2006 20:52

don't insurance claims have to be backed up? i mean can the stones just say mick jagger is sick and thats it?

it would seem to me that the insurance companies might not want to pay up if they thought it was all baloney... also in the future their insurance payments would get higher,right?

are we really sure they knew all along they were cancelling? its sad to think so...i have a friend who's saying that he has now seen his last show..it takes a bit away from the expereince for me if i think the stones are messing with me..

i emailed chuck leavell to ask him.. ihope he emails back..

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: October 30, 2006 20:55

I am sure Mick got a note from his doctor. That is all it takes.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 30, 2006 21:15

...... who cares?????
the set list sucked at beacons,, not one song they performed took any real doing ta do... that song, 'im free' is basically a 'band takes a break' song, there is a reason they havent played it since '69, i saw that show, and it was the bruise on the peach ( ya think it has anything ta do with the endless commerical thats running the song now on US tv??) ... and how cheesy to do two covers when they have a couple of hundred ta deliver that they created,, and to do a 'reefer' song,,, makes me puke .... lovin cup and shine a light is not a one/two punch by any stretch,, not even a decent representation of 'the stones'...im so embarrassed for them... there so sold out, is money everything in this world??? not in my world!

ive said it before, i personally cant stand 'guest clowns' on stage with 'the stones',, im an idiot, i didnt think it could get any worse with dave matthews/sheryl croak recently or in the far past... but they had to pull out of their crumpled hat christina (of all people), white and cut the dope even more with that guy guy..
unbelievable to me they would even 'consider' playing in a political envirenment,,,, im one like several of ya who has been on the stones ride since the beginning,,, intellectually, ive seen it coming but still had emotional denial,,

just ta relate, the feel here in many circles in los angeles is its 'not' cool to go to a stones show,, been there done that,,, same show, high prices,, no feeling in the shows,, nothing special,, jaggers voice is clear and strong, but there is nothing behind it, no emotion, thats the subconscience short circuit, ya ya's was a long time ago,,,, the comments ya hear walkin out is,"wow, theyre really in shape for there age",, not how good they play or send you, any type of real experience... an thats why people arent re-upping ta see em ......... im very angry at them right now, feel let down, like losin a close friend after 45 close years.... my auto is full of stones, the routine to insert a cd as im headin out in the world is not happening this morning.... by the way, was keith there last night???????

Date: October 30, 2006 21:20

but how do you really feel?

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: October 30, 2006 21:22

Mr. Soundcheck, that's the most ridiculous rambling I've ever read on this board. That setlist was amazing and it would have been a thrill to be there, no doubt in my mind. Again, the mistake the Stones made this tour was getting a bit greedy with more stadium shows, something the paying public have had enough of. They should be playing arenas, plain and simple. But you simply don't make any sense. Can't wait to see what Tuesday has in store!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 30, 2006 21:22

What a scam! Shame on you, Tumbling Stones!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 30, 2006 21:23

"the set list sucked at beacons" (soundcheck)

Yeah, right: Now propose to us a good one?

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 30, 2006 21:23

...betray'd......

Date: October 30, 2006 21:30

well we drove 6.5 hrs in rain to Atlantic city..

so i kinda feel betrayed too

i hate to think the stones really knew four days ago they were cancelling show..

so i don't know what to think right now

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 30, 2006 21:34

I don't feel sorry for the Stones, but this is a serious blow to their pride.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home