Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

PLEASE! More Posts Needed - My 52 Year Old Brother Is Seeing the Stones for the First Time - Please Send Him a Message
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 28, 2006 08:15

This is from my only sibling of five who has never seen the Stones (4 brothers, one sister). In fact, he has been quite proud of the fact and would often give us a bad time.

Subject: Miracles Do Happen

I hope you're sitting down when you read this...

Brian Philip Bernardis is going to see Van Morrison in Oakland on November 5. He may stay to watch Van's warm-up band known as The Rolling Stones.

He will be accompanied by his friend of some 40+ years: Sharman Cippa.

I would love it if any of you could write him a note with whatever you want to say -- congrats, ribbing, both.

If you could just post it here, I will make sure he reads this thread.

Just asking a little favour. Please, but only if you feel like it. His name is Brian.

Thanks so much!

tim from Plexiglass montana

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-28 21:23 by timbernardis.

Re: My 52 Year Old Brother Is Seeing the Stones for the First Time - Please Send Him a Message
Date: October 28, 2006 08:17

timbernardis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is from my only sibling of five who has never
> seen the Stones (4 brothers, one sister). In
> fact, he has been quite proud of the fact and
> would often give us a bad time.
>
>
> Subject: Miracles Do Happen
>
> I hope you're sitting down when you read this...
>
> Brian Philip Bernardis is going to see Van
> Morrison in Oakland on November 5. He may stay to
> watch Van's warm-up band known as The Rolling
> Stones.
>
> He will be accompanied by his friend of some 40+
> years: Sharman Cippa.
>
>
> I would love it if any of you could write him a
> note with whatever you want to say -- congrats,
> ribbing, both.
>
> If you could just post it here, I will make sure
> he reads this thread.
>
> Just asking a little favour. Please, but only if
> you feel like it. His name is Brian.
>
> Thanks so much!
>
>
> tim from Plexiglass montana
>
> [www.rollingstones.com]
> Files/4587cbae93.jpg

Congrats to the 52 year old virgin! Way to go! Have fun!!
smiling smiley

Re: My 52 Year Old Brother Is Seeing the Stones for the First Time - Please Send Him a Message
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 28, 2006 08:21

So he's one of the people who make up the "95% of the audience who have never been to a Stones concert" that "only know the songs on Hot Rocks and Forty Licks.

All kidding aside, I hope he has a great time there and even if he's only a casual fan, he should know almost every song that is played and will love the show I'm sure.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 28, 2006 08:29

Hi brian i like vigins ..come and sit on my lap, have a good time at the show, and before you leave home for the show check the news,dont want to get there and the show is cancelled,your still be a virgin lol.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 28, 2006 08:43

timbernardis Wrote:
> This is from my only sibling of five who has never
> seen the Stones (4 brothers, one sister). In
> fact, he has been quite proud of the fact and
> would often give us a bad time.
>
>
> Subject: Miracles Do Happen
>
> I hope you're sitting down when you read this...
>
> Brian Philip Bernardis is going to see Van
> Morrison in Oakland on November 5. He may stay to
> watch Van's warm-up band known as The Rolling
> Stones.
>
> He will be accompanied by his friend of some 40+
> years: Sharman Cippa.
>
>
> I would love it if any of you could write him a
> note with whatever you want to say -- congrats,
> ribbing, both.
>
> If you could just post it here, I will make sure
> he reads this thread.
>
> Just asking a little favour. Please, but only if
> you feel like it. His name is Brian.
>
> Thanks so much!
>
>
> tim from Plexiglass montana
>
> ____________________________ ______dam scary,, this is why they have security folks......

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: October 28, 2006 09:27

my number one message is to don't miss the stones THEN don't miss the Chili Peppers on this tour....

Re: PLEASE! More Posts Needed - My 52 Year Old Brother Is Seeing the Stones for the First Time - Please Send Him a Message
Date: October 28, 2006 21:24

Come on! This is a plea for more posts. I'd like to give my brother a nice gift on the eve of his first Stones show. Thanks!

Re: PLEASE! More Posts Needed - My 52 Year Old Brother Is Seeing the Stones for the First Time - Please Send Him a Message
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 28, 2006 21:27

He'll be sad after the show. Look at ALL THE YEARS HE WASTED NOT GOING TO SEE THEM! It will be life altering!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 28, 2006 21:28

Its about time you got your cherry busted, Brian

You'd hate to go through life as the black sheep of the family

have fun

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 28, 2006 21:31

to be sharing space with Mick and Keith - there's nothing like it. It's a great feeling knowing that at that exact moment in time, you are in the best, most fun, coolest place on Earth. Enjoy your first show!

CindyC

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 28, 2006 21:51

Allright, I will look past the bitterness, and I wish you both well, my friends. Because there is NOTHING like a kick ass Stones show. At least they will be well rested.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 28, 2006 22:30

i can see that you're just 52 years old . . . no i don't want your ID!

you can't catch me!

Date: October 28, 2006 23:04

This is great! Keep them coming. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to do this. Thank you!

Cindy - your message was very sweet. thanks

tim plexiglass

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 28, 2006 23:30

Hey Brian ya punk....just think of yaself as a kid and the Stones are only in their early twenties...ENJOY and let ya motor spring.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 28, 2006 23:31

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Allright, I will look past the bitterness, and I
> wish you both well, my friends. Because there is
> NOTHING like a kick ass Stones show. At least they
> will be well rested.

Yeah, theres nothing like a good 14 months tour to load yer batteries! ;-)

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 29, 2006 00:12

Brian you are about to die and go to heaven!!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 29, 2006 00:24

I'll be at the same show!! WOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!

Its coming up pertty soon all of a sudden. Its gunna be one week from sunday.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 29, 2006 00:27

There's a very special magic when Charlie Watts and his gang do their thing...I would have gone to Stones shows even if I was deaf.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 29, 2006 00:31

If nothing else, Its a chance to see Charlie Watts' Plexi Glass in person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-29 02:00 by ryanpow.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 29, 2006 02:03

Brian, how are you, man?
I have to admit, I am a tad envious that you get to see Van M, singing possibly gems like Moondance, It Stoned Me, Crazy Love and all...I'm not sure how you'll compare him to his younger self. Can he still communicate the passion? Can he hit the high notes? True, he's one of the most exciting opening acts we've seen.

I surmise that if you simply enjoy him, and then open your mind to hearing the second band 46 years past their debut, as if for, not the first time, but after loving their music for many years, you may capture a more youthful time in your life. The pure joy, manic energy, and yes, the musicianship of the guitarists and the drummer, especially may 'start you up'. As for the lead singer, well, for many he is an acquired taste. If his antics, his movements are not your particular cup of tea, so to speak, I think you can appreciate how he fronts the band and motivates the audience. I have found that the band relates well to the crowd, no matter how large.

In short, I hope you have a good time. Wish I was there.

Cheers,
a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-29 02:06 by angee.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 29, 2006 02:46

Brian....your brother Tim scares the shit out of me. You and your sister should have left him in the deep end of the pool that time. Shame on you for rescuing him....I'll see you in hell!!!!

Date: October 29, 2006 05:55

Brian - give me a wave - I'll be the manic chick in sequins second row center!!!

Date: October 29, 2006 05:57

PS Angie this is a Stones board!

Date: October 29, 2006 08:12

angee Wrote:
> Brian, how are you, man?
> I have to admit, I am a tad envious that you get
> to see Van M, singing possibly gems like
> Moondance, It Stoned Me, Crazy Love and all...I'm
> not sure how you'll compare him to his younger
> self. Can he still communicate the passion? Can
> he hit the high notes? True, he's one of the most
> exciting opening acts we've seen.
>
> I surmise that if you simply enjoy him, and then
> open your mind to hearing the second band 46 years
> past their debut, as if for, not the first time,
> but after loving their music for many years, you
> may capture a more youthful time in your life.
> The pure joy, manic energy, and yes, the
> musicianship of the guitarists and the drummer,
> especially may 'start you up'. As for the lead
> singer, well, for many he is an acquired taste.
> If his antics, his movements are not your
> particular cup of tea, so to speak, I think you
> can appreciate how he fronts the band and
> motivates the audience. I have found that the
> band relates well to the crowd, no matter how
> large.
>
> In short, I hope you have a good time. Wish I was
> there.
>
> Cheers,
> a

Angee
Thanks so much for taking the time and thought to compose a really cool note to my brother. One thing must be corrected, though, it is 44 years past their deubt, not 46. But I really loved your note. Thanks!

Tim from PLEXIGLASS montana

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 29, 2006 08:55

i have been to hundreds of concerts - arenas and stadiums only the stones kick ass amoung the ones they kicked acdc. the who, vh with dlr queen u2, pearl jam. ps there are 4 bands ill see every time they come to ny - acdc, pearl jam, u2, but seriously the @#%$^*& stones, tuesday will be my first club gig with the @#%$^*& stones.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 29, 2006 10:48

Dear Brian,

Here's hoping that you really enjoy Van The Man - but also hoping that you find out that what all these Stones maniacs rave about is true - they are every bit as good live as they are reputed to be - and then some! I'm still counting myself incredibly lucky that they are still around for me to find this out at my own first concert in 2006 (and I'm not as young as you are!). Ignore the ribbing and have fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home