Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Beacon Ticket sales - use this one only for beacon please
Posted by: LolA ()
Date: October 25, 2006 23:15

Does anyone know if the ticketmaster sales were only for Americans?
I managed to score 1 tix for the 31st only to get kicked out as the billing was only US ans Canada (I'm European)...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:04

That happened to me last year when the very first on-stage tickets ever went on sale. I was logged in to my Ticketmaster account but with UK details and when I tried to buy the tickets, I got rejected and lost the tickets. The same happened to Mr. Jimmy this morning. That is what you call real shite.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:08

i cant believe how many are for sale..damed brokers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-26 01:34 by tat2you.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:12

so why do they let us keep trying , just post sold out on the web site
and stop making everyone crazy, whats wrong with ticketmaster man

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:21

How were the Winners of RS. com Notified were they called or Emailed?

Re: I have to give credit to...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:24

Bingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...The Rolling Stones and their organization. They
> set the ticket prices at a modest $25-$50 for the
> Beacon. Not only that, they went to the shidoobee
> and gave all a chance to get picked and see the
> show for free!
>
> Also, we still have a chance to win tix from
> entering the contest. Seems to me they are trying
> to be as fair as possible, knowing the demand was
> going to be huge.
>
> Realistically, we knew this was going to be a
> needle in a haystack. Very few got lucky, most,
> are where we knew we were going to be, out on the
> street hoping for a miracle.
>
> So I tip my hat to The Stones for being as fair
> as possible.
>
> Life's just a cocktail party on the street
> Big Apple ...so, I'll see y'all on the street in
> front of The Beacon. I'll bring the vodka. : )

well,, yes, although these shows would never have come off had there not been a film to be made, to be honest - which is also why they asked fans to send in their pics

One significant flaw in their policy of having you log on to rs.com to confirm your ticket purchase is that the fact that you have a couple of days to do so, means that you can wait quite a while to 'name' your guest. Which gives ticket brokers and scalpers a large enough window to sell on their surplus ticket

Posted by: zolika ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:29

I've also tried a couple of times but i was rejected cos i'm from europe.I'm @#$%&' pissed off!I' ve been to the states many occasions but i don't think i'll ever do that again.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:38

But how do they know if you're from Europe? I personnally wasn't logged in to any Ticketmaster account when I got kicked out. Is it an IP address thing?

Date: October 26, 2006 01:45

when youre buying the ticket I think it asks for your address and it seems to then state than it must be US or Canada only. There just isnt an option for overseas I suppose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-26 01:47 by Gazza.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 26, 2006 01:58

Gazza Wrote:
> Bingo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...The Rolling Stones and their organization.
> They
> > set the ticket prices at a modest $25-$50 for
> the
> > Beacon. Not only that, they went to the
> shidoobee
> > and gave all a chance to get picked and see the
> > show for free!
> >
> > Also, we still have a chance to win tix from
> > entering the contest. Seems to me they are
> trying
> > to be as fair as possible, knowing the demand
> was
> > going to be huge.
> >
> > Realistically, we knew this was going to be a
> > needle in a haystack. Very few got lucky, most,
> > are where we knew we were going to be, out on
> the
> > street hoping for a miracle.
> >
> > So I tip my hat to The Stones for being as
> fair
> > as possible.
> >
> > Life's just a cocktail party on the street
> > Big Apple ...so, I'll see y'all on the street
> in
> > front of The Beacon. I'll bring the vodka. :
> )
>
>
>
> well,, yes, although these shows would never have
> come off had there not been a film to be made, to
> be honest - which is also why they asked fans to
> send in their pics
>
> One significant flaw in their policy of having you
> log on to rs.com to confirm your ticket purchase
> is that the fact that you have a couple of days to
> do so, means that you can wait quite a while to
> 'name' your guest. Which gives ticket brokers and
> scalpers a large enough window to sell on their
> surplus ticket

Since we don't live in a perfect world, I think they made best of a situation. The only other way would have been to have people line-up, buy a ticket and they would have to go directly in....scalpers or touts is that what they are called in England...anyway, they would have a shitload of people standing in line selling spots.

No system is fool-proof when it comes to NYC scalpers. I'll be down there trying to make the impossible, possible.

The only way to stop scalping is by not buying, we know that will never happen.

All the people in New York City
I know you all going broke
But I know your tough, yeah you're hot stuff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-26 02:00 by Bingo.

Date: October 26, 2006 02:21

Bingo Wrote:
>
> Since we don't live in a perfect world, I think
> they made best of a situation. The only other way
> would have been to have people line-up, buy a
> ticket and they would have to go directly
> in....scalpers or touts is that what they are
> called in England...anyway, they would have a
> shitload of people standing in line selling
> spots.
>

well nominating your guest immediately - instead of two days later - would have minimised the opportunity for scalpers and brokers, wouldnt you agree?

Date: October 26, 2006 02:25

yes, it almost seems like rs.com is working along with the brokers to get this done, but we all know that cant be true right, as for the brokers by friday or saturday they will be in panic mode and have to reduce the price or just go to the show with guest like everyone else, iam waiting them out, they have to break by friday or sat and maybe those tix will be back to a reasonable price,by reasonable i mean $200 or LESS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-26 02:32 by melillo.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 26, 2006 02:39

Gazza Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------

> well nominating your guest immediately - instead
> of two days later - would have minimised the
> opportunity for scalpers and brokers, wouldnt you
> agree?

I can't disagree with that.

How would you propose they should have done it?

Re: Beacon Ticket sales - use this one only for Beacon please
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 26, 2006 02:42

While it's nice that rollingstones.com is giving away tickets, they still did not have a presale, however small, for these tickets where the people who paid their $100 and held on to their codes would have a better chance to get tickets.

Date: October 26, 2006 02:47

yes, and i hope they read that , great point Halup

Date: October 26, 2006 05:50

The fan "contest" is BS. I don't believe people are picked randomly and that's that. It's all to do with the film. Why did you have to put your date of birth?I'm sure if your name is picked and you don't fit their desired audience profile and/or mix, you won't get a call. Instead, you'll be passed over for the next person who does fit that profile/mix. The winners will probably be in the nearest rows, along with or just behind the "extras" - a misnomer if ever there was one. All the others who were not vetted by date of birth or photo (i.e., those who got tix in the sale) will be much further back (mainly restricted view tickets?) and probably won't appear in close-ups. That's my feeling but even I'm wrong, which I may well be, it's really disappointing to me that they have to pick "extras" at all. There is NO place for "extras" in any genuine concert and then to cherry pick them on the basis of a photo is bollox, if you ask me. What does someone's appearance matter if they are a fan? - and presumably they are if they take the trouble to frequent fan club sites. No fan of that calibre, if you like, should be preferred above another fan of equal calibre because of their appearance or age. That is just too Hollywood and not what it should be about. Any footage of a Stones concert and its audience should be real - i.e., without any manufacturing, manipulation or manoeuvering of the audience over and above normal editing of the shots. But that seems to be what's happening. You only have to read what they said to Drake to see that. It turns it into a sort of sham (but one I'd still like to witness!!) Have a great time all you lucky ones - and don't forget to report back to the rest of us!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 26, 2006 05:58

Just wondering myself, why they need "extras". Is this going to be a standard tour dvd , granted directed by Martin Scorcese, or is this going to be full length feature movie?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 26, 2006 06:02

I know nothing of the process to get a SAG card. Will this appearance allow the extras to obtain their card? I'm guessing no since they are "extras" and not credited in the movie.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 26, 2006 06:17

Beast,

I appreciate your point on the purity of the live concert, but I ask that you think about it as if they were recording an album. They'd do retakes, they'd rearrange things, do overdubs, and otherwise they'd be "manufacturing, manipulation and manoeuvering" in ways that we'd find not only acceptable but expected. Just think of the layering of tracks at the opening of Gimme Shelter. We don't expect a single perfect take of a song so why would we demand it of a movie, particularly when we (right now) don't know the larger intent of the movie? Personally, I have confidence in Scoresese--that he knows what he's doing with a concert film (see The Last Waltz), and I have confidence in the Stones that they'll live up to the billing and that the audience will get their $50 or $25 dollars worth of a show . . . it's not like anyone's being overcharged here.

and hey, all I know is that it's pretty cool to be able to tell your friends that you're in Martin Scorsese movie with the Rolling Stones . . . even if you're an extra to the extras. For my money that's better than being the Star of a Britney Spears movie.

Date: October 26, 2006 06:38

Long day here.The legacy membership got me nowhere and I got shut down by a glitch in the TM system.I typed in Beacon Theatre as the venue at the TM home page but,it still read "tickets go on sale at 10:00 am" well after 10:00 am - until after they were gone.I typed in Rolling Stones as the artist and the link was up but,by that time it was too late.

Date: October 26, 2006 06:39

Not too thrilled.

Date: October 26, 2006 06:54

Camper88 - I share your confidence and agree there's no doubt that the audience will get their $ worth AND way more, too! I am also eagerly looking forward to Scorsese's film in the expectation that it will in some way be more extraordinary than what has gone before. I understand your point about album recordings and it's a very fair and good analogy. But I still don't think it's fully comparable where a LIVE performance is involved. Live recordings are not like studio recordings and by the same token film of audiences at live performances should not be controlled in the way that studio films might be.

It's VERY cool for those guys to be able to tell their friends they were in that film - but my point really is that no fan in the audience should be picked on the basis of their looks or age - and it seems that "extras" may have been picked on the basis of their looks and contest "winners" on the basis of their age. Shouldn't this be about the music and showing how fans react to it, regardless of looks or age?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:01

Does anyone know this -- by exactly what time on Friday must people have the names of the guests submitted (and I mean New York time)?

tim fr plex, mt

Date: October 26, 2006 07:12

Beast Wrote:
> my point really is that no fan in the audience should
> be picked on the basis of their looks or age - and
> it seems that "extras" may have been picked on the
> basis of their looks and contest "winners" on the
> basis of their age. Shouldn't this be about the
> music and showing how fans react to it, regardless
> of looks or age?

Personally, I agree with you, when I look at concert films or listen to live recordings that move me, it's often because of the unscripted and unanticipated musician and audience reactions alike--Ya Ya's "paint it black, you devil" and Columbus Sway's "f*ck Yeah" come to mind. You can't script that. And I guess that proves your point.

However, I'll suspend my view of what should be in the case of Scorsese and the Stones, my favorite film maker and musicians, respectively. They've earned a benefit of the doubt. That may be naive on my part, but so far I'd have to say that they're better than any alternatives that I can think of out there.

Are you in the NY area?

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:20

timbernardis - I think it's 2 p.m.

By the way, do people who purchased only 1 ticket need to register as well? I purchased one ticket and received the standard confirmation e-mail from Ticketmaster. I then printed a copy of my confirmation and deleted the e-mail. A short time later, while reading the printed copy, I noticed small print that said, "Your order is NOT complete until you CLICK HERE to complete your order and read important information on attendance rules and restrictions."

Suffice to say, I failed to click that link, and now I can't because I've deleted the e-mail.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could advise.

Date: October 26, 2006 07:24

camper88 Wrote:

> Are you in the NY area?

At this moment - yes, I am!

Date: October 26, 2006 07:27

Bluespeyer Wrote:
> timbernardis - I think it's 2 p.m.
>
> By the way, do people who purchased only 1 ticket
> need to register as well?
>
> Would greatly appreciate if anyone could advise.

Yes you do. As far as I can tell.

I'm in the same boat (managed to get one ticket). If you go into your ticketmaster account you should be able to get to a clickable link that says:

If there are any problems with your order, or you don't receive your tickets within 2 business days of the event, please contact customer service.

CUSTOMER SERVICE should be the clickable link. Use that link to get them to resend a copy of the email, explaining what's happened.

Best of luck.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:38

Just a word on the extras, at least they are fans. (Wish it t'were me.) They are required *not* to be in the Screen Actor's Guild, because, I think, they are getting 75 dollars a day to be in the film. Nice work if you can get it, eh?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 26, 2006 08:11

timbernardis Wrote:

Does anyone know this -- by exactly what time on Friday must people have the names of the guests submitted (and I mean New York time)?

Bluespeyer Wrote:
>

Is that 2 pm New York time on Friday October 27 the deadline FOR BOTH SHOWS?

praise the plexiglass
tim from montana

Date: October 26, 2006 14:30

Bluespeyer Wrote:
>
>

Beacon Theatre Ticket Confirmation (October 29th)
Congratulations and thank you for your recent order of a pair of tickets to the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang performance at the BEACON THEATRE in New York City on Sunday October 29, 2006. This will clearly be one of this year’s entertainment highlights.

To ensure that these tickets are kept in the hands of fans, please fill in the form below after reading all the information here carefully. We require the form to be filled out no later than Oct 27th at 6pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-26 14:30 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home