Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Why didn't Keith play guitar in YGTS last night?
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: September 22, 2006 01:22

If I remember correctly Keith put his guitar down at his side on the Licks tour when he sang Slipping away. So it is not unusual for him to do that . At least not in recent years .

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 22, 2006 04:00

We shouldn't worry about Keith not playing guitar while singing,
it's a passing thing,
he'll grow over it. We won't see it on the "2010 I Love Ladies"-tour.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 22, 2006 04:12

I think because they didn't have ample time for him to know the song well enough. For No Security, he decided weeks before opening night that he was going to sing it so he rehearsed it inside and out. It's obvious that they pulled out some obscure songs to please the fans, last minute. I don't think Keith knows the guitar parts well enough...just the lyrics. He probably needed more than a couple days to bring this one back out.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 22, 2006 04:22

whats with the stones and the extra guitar players, they never used to do this wtf, do they need help with everything now, this is ridiculous, the edge does all u2 guitar work himself, sometimes the stones have up to 4 guitars on stage at once and that does not include guests, same for rushes guitar player, he kicks ass by himself also, in the 60s - most of the 90s the stones just had the 2 guitars weaving, what the hell happened to the ancient form of weaving fellas

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 22, 2006 04:31

Big deal. Did people come to hear him play the song or sing it? Shit, he hardly plays on Happy or any of this other solo songs. It hangs around his neck while he strikes the odd chord until it comes time for his solo.

That last remark wasn't intended as a criticism, by the way. Merely an obsevation.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 22, 2006 08:57

i think it is cool that he just sang without guitar nice unexpected treat for the fans anyone who thinks that he cant play and sing at the same time is just a silly silly person nice change of pace he just wanted to focus on singing long live keef

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 22, 2006 14:22

I was just glancing over Justin's post a couple boxes up from here. I thought at first his opening words read "I think because they didn't have amphetamine for him to know the song well enough.." LOL

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 22, 2006 14:49

The BB King comparisons are ridiculous.

BB may not play when he sings however the guitar is around his neck and inbetween vocals he plays.

Big difference in not even having a guitar strapped on, such as Keith with YGTS.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 22, 2006 21:32

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 06:32 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: September 22, 2006 22:51

Haven't read all the posts...

But with Keith's bad arthritis, it does not surprise me that he avoids playing those delicate acoustic guitar parts altogether for his lead singing bits. I was not there, but that change would not disapoint me either. Important thing is he apparently sang his heart out!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 23, 2006 00:44

Because he didnt want too...duh...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 23, 2006 00:56

Why worry? He never played guitar proper when singing, so it´s a good thing he himself acknowledges that. Remember The Nearness Of You, at the LICKS theatershows? Be happy for the 2 new rarities! I wish I was back in Boston with a setlist like that. Goddam I´m longing for next summer! The setlist will be changed once more here in Europe when they return..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: September 23, 2006 03:24

stone-relics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because he didnt want too...duh...

If only it were that simple, John.

I need to talk to Marko and see what he thinks about it.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home