Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dodger Stadium
Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: September 2, 2006 04:04

Anyone know how well the response for the show is? I don't think it's sold out yet.
I see a lot of tickets on EBAY for the LA 11/18 show up close for $1000 a pair. Now that AC/DC is opening it could turn out to be one of those memorable Stones shows. The sound of the Stones ringing through Chavez Ravine on a cool November night just sounds too good to pass up.

Re: Dodger Stadium
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 2, 2006 04:18

At $1000 for a pair its going to be a memorable show for Mastercard, if anyone...

Date: September 2, 2006 05:03

Don't you think $1000 is worth taking your wife to sit 4 rows front and center to see the greatest r&r band in the world?
I know it's a lot but I'll see $1000 bucks again, I may never get the chance to see the Stones play 2 miles from my house though.
Don't you realize how happy that will make my wife too? I've been a Stones fan for 25 years, I'm 40 now. When I'm 75 my wife and I'll will surely look at each other one day and say "Honey, remember when we saw the Stones at Dodger Stadium?"
Sitting in the upper deck doesn't do it for me. I want to see the wrinkles and all...Mastercard has seen a lot more than $1000 from me anyhow.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 2, 2006 05:14

no.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 2, 2006 05:26

I've bought from Ebay and scalpers plenty of times but never more than a few days before showtime.

Date: September 2, 2006 05:40

Don't you think the tickets will get more expensive closer to showtime? Once the word that ac/dc is opening gets out the show will get a lot more juice. Not too mention this is LA. We pay $3.50 for a gallon of gas and 900K for a 2 bedroom cottage west of Le Brea.
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I want to see these guys up close and I want my wife to be there with me.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 2, 2006 05:40

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no.

dito

Date: September 2, 2006 05:51

Maybe you guys are right. I might be too old to sit through 90 minutes of ac/dc and then 2 hours of mick and keith. Even if we are sitting dead center 4 rows back. I wonder if they have coctail waitresses? Now how much would that Heineken cost? $20?
I realize it sucks to give scalpers all that proffit but as far as the Stones are concerned, they've earned it. People spend that much money on a crappy trip to Catalina for two days. How boring is that?

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: September 2, 2006 05:52

letitbleed, check out craigslist.com for tickets,, also,, look at seating chart, for often here in LA, the five hundred seats are not always that close...

Date: September 2, 2006 06:03

That's a good point Soundcheck. I wonder if being so close up front is too close. I have heard from a few people though that being on the turf is the only way to see a show at the Dodger.
I have a source that will sell 4th row section F4 which is pretty much dead center. It would suck to get there and find the stage is too tall to even see Charlie's kickdrum.

Date: September 2, 2006 06:31

ACtually its not confirmed that AC/DC is opening. I think I will wait for the official announcement. And not sure how many of their fans would drop a grand. Price tends to go down as showtime gets closer but something like 4th row could move fast. If its a good source and the kind of person you know would refund all your money if the show would get cancelled, then go for it. Thats part of the reason why I only buy from Ebay right before showtime or scalpers right in the lot.

And I walked by the front row in San Diego on the way to the onstage seats. I have been closer to the stage in some venues in the back row.

Date: September 2, 2006 06:37

...ive never seen a concert at that stadium, it would be good if ya could roam around in the field like '78 anaheim,, ,, im glad your going and not afraid to spend money, your in a good position to shop right now,, where ever you end up, you will have a good time...

Date: September 2, 2006 06:48

I must say my heart won't be broken if ac/dc doesn't open. I loved them as a kid but I'm not sure how I might react now.
I'm sure they'll have someone good for this show.
As long as they don't pull some Black Eyed Pea crap like they did in Boston.
The only local act that promoters would love to have would be the Chili Peppers and we all know the Stones probably wouldn't go for that.
Heck, I'd settle for Dylan. He's always looking for a good gig...and it's only a short limo ride from his casa. So what if he can't sing to well, either can Brian Johnson, (he never could sing).

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 2, 2006 08:26

Hey letitbleed....your heart is in the right place..I say go for it. I've never been that close at a Stones show. To me that would be a dream come true. I say go for it....Seriously....I agree with your rationalizations...otherwise you will always wonder about it if you miss out on this opportunity.

Date: September 2, 2006 08:33

I paid $200 each x 2 for 7th row dead center 1994. Was worth every penny. That much for that far away-no way. if u do u r dumb!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 2, 2006 08:34

okay JJ....I guess I was worried that the good seats would get gone before letitbleed locks in....maybe I'm too gullible

Date: September 2, 2006 08:36

What's up Lukester!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 2, 2006 09:08

Hey I don't see anything wrong with being as close as you can get. I went ahead and spent almost $1000 for tix for me and friends for shows in Oak. and Pho. I am contemplating whether to go to anymore shows. I mean ralisticly, how many mor times can we expect them to come bcak our way again? I say go for what you can do now. Make the most out of it.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 2, 2006 09:41

Is rhe show still wide, wide open ?

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: September 2, 2006 19:01

letitbleed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't you think the tickets will get more
> expensive closer to showtime? Once the word that
> ac/dc is opening gets out the show will get a lot
> more juice. Not too mention this is LA. We pay
> $3.50 for a gallon of gas and 900K for a 2 bedroom
> cottage west of Le Brea.
> Maybe I'm just crazy, but I want to see these guys
> up close and I want my wife to be there with me.

For that kind of money, bring your mistress.

Date: September 2, 2006 20:58

... they had the chile peppers in 94 or one of those shows here in LA, , from my observation, most here have little interest in the open'ers, no one is even in there seats,,, thou guns and roses commanded attention way back, an way before that, tina...

Date: September 2, 2006 21:43

Concert crowds these days suck. And I don't even know why bands bother having opening acts, unless the record companies are still buying slots off the headliners. When I first started going to concerts, the venue was full by the start time on the ticket and good openers got good crowds and responses and it wasn't uncommon for openers to blow the headliners away. Now I have seen even legendary acts like Buddy Guy or Motorhead hit the stage in an arena or stadium with only 50 people in attendence.

And for a totally hypocritical 360, I hope no one I want to see opens the Dodger Stadium show to avoid the conditions listed above and people stumbling over me to their seats throughout the show and I can start driving the really hard bargains outside.

Posted by: MidnightRambler ()
Date: September 2, 2006 22:21

I jumped on some Floor seats near the b-stage at the 175.00 face during the General
Onsale. With fees about 195. Totally pleased. C'mon L.A., let's make this a classic. And Stones, bump that setlist up to 22 songs for this one : )

Date: September 2, 2006 23:17

I'm sure the Stones will put on a great show at Dodger Stadium. Not too mention the place is going to filled with all of Mick's Hollywood buddies.
Even for a band that's played nearly every venue all over the world, I'm sure they'll get a kick out of playing one of LA's most revered locations.

I did see G&R open for the Stones at the LA Colosseum back in the early 90s. I sat so far away it really ended up being a bummer. That's also a reason why I'm willing to drop a Gnote for a pair for 4th row at Dodger. I can't wait to see these guys up close. Otherwise I'd be staring at a jumbotron all night...
Now who's opening damn-it?

Date: September 3, 2006 03:18

... no one open'd for them at the forum last time, march if i recall correctly..
it will be interesting to see how the tickets go near crunch time, for they were just hear 'again',
like ten months ago or whatever, the hollywood bowl twice and anaheim,, then in march the forum,, then just a couple years ago, the same thing, staple center, stadium etc. ,, and the show is the same,, , weird band, they could show up at the raven and blow it apart with a new show or.........

Date: September 3, 2006 04:00

One would think that the boys will mix up the setlist a bit on this next American tour. But that could be wishfull thinking...

Date: September 3, 2006 05:12

Queens Of The Stone Age opened up at the Forum.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 3, 2006 09:59

Show is still wide open, but the reason is the pricing. Seats in the second floor section for $450. To be 40-50 rows from the stage? I'm a huge fan, but I ain't crazy.

Date: September 3, 2006 20:18

... dan, thanks for the correction,,, didnt catch the set...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home