Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hampden Park shows that the band is on fire.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 30, 2006 11:42

Listening to the show from Hampden Park shows the whole band on top form. Check out RJ and ONNYA. It's too good to be true. They are red hot and on fire!

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Hampden Park shows that the band is on fire.
Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: August 30, 2006 12:11

Satisfaction sounds strange, doesn't it ? Keith out of tune ?

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 30, 2006 12:16

I agree Keith was funny at the start, but turned out to be a really good.
The show was very good, but one song to short.
I missed an additional like Night Time or As Tears...

Date: August 30, 2006 12:38

The best Rain Fall Down ever? Great show. Satisfaction is played like that nowadays; double guitars.

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: August 30, 2006 12:41

EXCELLENT Rain fall Down. Probably the best version.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: August 30, 2006 12:52

JKF: I was just about to post the same. I've been listening to Twicks and now I'm listening to Glasgow and they've been playing GREAT!!! I'm so pleased and proud of what I'm hearing. Ronnie is so much better now. There's no fear in his playing anymore, he KNOWS what he's doing. What a great band, what a gift to this world. Amen.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 30, 2006 13:49

its strange how we all have differing opinions. i listened to it and thought it was very ropey. especially Sway

being at the gig and having a great time is one thing, listening back is another

i wont be buying another live album that's for sure ;o)

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 30, 2006 14:10

best I have heard them in 2006 - I like better then Twick Aug 20th

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2006 14:13

werent you in London, OpenG? I remember you saying you were coming over here for the shows, but didnt see you at the Cabbage Patch before the gigs sad smiley

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 30, 2006 14:18

This is very good...its on heavy rotation..over here!!!Thanks

Date: August 30, 2006 14:23

no i was there in april 06 I sent you some pics did you get them i went for the
london marathon and all the stones history etc

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: August 30, 2006 14:28

This boot show is AWESOME. Great, great, great sound!! Love the spirit in this show! Fantastic.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 30, 2006 14:32

I think the comparision of two shows is always something impossible, even if you've attended them both in a row.
I don't think the Stones have that much on and off nights as many people often say.
The most important thing is a good crowd, the Stones will always @#$%& up lyrivs and chords, either they play Boise, Idaho, Buenos Aires, Argentina or London, England.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2006 14:40

OpenG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no i was there in april 06 I sent you some pics
> did you get them i went for the
> london marathon and all the stones history etc

I did. yes. I got the impression though you were coming back for the Stones shows however as you were telling me where you were staying and enquiring what my plans were. My mistake.

Date: August 30, 2006 14:46

maybe next time if the stones tour in 07 in europe

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 30, 2006 15:16

Soundwise Glasgow FM broadcast is a big heap of shit. Sorry to say that. It's really overcompressed without any dynamics. Guitars are (even in the solos) lower in the mix than the bass. For the rest the guitars are burried in the mix (why?).

It's really a dissapointment. Some audience tapes came better out than this sbd.

Date: August 30, 2006 15:21

What benefits from this sound is Woody's guitar, which is loud and clear. He really did the main job that night (listen to She's So Cold and others)...

Date: August 30, 2006 16:23

And what a crowd!!!Wild indeed!!

Date: August 30, 2006 17:10

Even this version of Miss you is good!!!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 30, 2006 17:33

Ronnie is better than ever on Miss You. Listen to the little lead during "baby why you wait so lo-o-ong". More pronounced than ever.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 30, 2006 17:34

performance sounds good
but i agree with rknuth about the recording
ruby tuesday for example is so flat out that background vocals seem glued on micks voice. almost like voices from the crowd near the mic.
the band is The Band as usual (or at least, as often)

but it is really now the right time to scale down and play smaller (echo free) venues with more new stuff and different numbers. It is the time, now. Let's see what happens in the us fall tour.

Date: August 30, 2006 17:57

Limbostone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ronnie is better than ever on Miss You. Listen to
> the little lead during "baby why you wait so
> lo-o-ong". More pronounced than ever.

You are so true!!!!!!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 30, 2006 18:29

Amazing show, indeed. But IMO even the "weakest" -musically speaking- gigs of this tour (Porto, for example) are still more than decent - musically speaking, again-and absolutely rocking. I think that's the strongest point of Stones, as live act: their "nadir", not only their "zenith! On an "up" night they are stellar, by far the best live rock band. On a "down" night they remain one of the best live rock bands. Maybe the best (but not "by far"!). To me this is the "key" of their greatness and popularity, as live act.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 30, 2006 19:42

I was going to start a similar thread Kent because I was really surprised to read mixed reviews on the Glasgow gig. I thought the gig was totaly fantastic and I thought the radio broadcast, audience echo aside, was equally good.

I know Hampden has a bit of a reputation for poor sound and I have experienced it before, but last Friday I was on the pitch close to the b-stage and except for during Rough Justice I had no problem at all with the sound. Many others don't seem to have been as lucky though!

I also thought the band where really tight, Ronnie especially was solid. Keith was a bit rough to say the least (listen to his intro on Slipping Away) and I fear we will never hear the old KR again. However while he is still there enjoying it and his old mucker Ronnie stays sober then the sound is good. I thought Ronnie was the glue that held it together in Glasgow.

In my opinion the show was excellent, the band were rocking and the audience loved it.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Orbit ()
Date: August 30, 2006 19:54

For what it's worth, my opinion is that the BBC broadcast is by far the best recording of the current tour - might be the BBC's own engineers but after playing the CD back I made from the digital radio broadcast i believe it sounds better and is a stronger mix than Rio, Buenos Aries or Saitama and most certainly better than 'Live Licks' for example....

I thought overall Twicks 1 was a better performance but the Glasgow BBC broadcast has real fullness of sound.

Date: August 30, 2006 19:57

What a fuc-ing great recording!!!! With all my fav IORR nembers..in the crowd!!!

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: August 30, 2006 22:52

The 48,000 plus fans who were at 'Hampden' on Friday night had a fabulous time listening and singing with the 'Stones' at a concert that was hampered by muddy sound moments but the audience and the skinny english cats combined to
produce a memorable night for all.
Reviews in the papers say that the 'Stones' were great but i must say that the audience who were out to have a good time were themselves on fire.

Date: August 30, 2006 22:57

This recording...sounds fresh!!!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 30, 2006 22:57

you need a great audience to make a great show a memorable one

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: August 30, 2006 23:02

"Reviews in the papers say that the 'Stones' were great but i must say that the audience who were out to have a good time were themselves on fire".

I know if I see a concert in Glasgow a good time is guaranteed.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home