Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Bergen updates
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:30

only Mick can be dressed like that !

sure someone can film everything. it seems to be an open place ?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:34

It's been in the news here today that they will be hysterical about everything that looks like a camera. Hope they don't get a Stuttgart event, with the Stones security telling the local security to calm down and forget a camera.

Where is Gazza and the "what's happening tonight..."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:43

I'm here. I'll be getting song by song updates from Dandelion Powderman and posting them on Rocks Off as usual in between laughing my ass off at the "Modern Times" thread on here

Date: September 1, 2006 21:55

He He, I know Gazza. "Have" a great show!
Loved the photo you got off the Bergenlive.

Uhu, stuck in Oslo.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: September 1, 2006 22:04

JJF!!!!!!!!??Rock roll for ever!!

Date: September 1, 2006 22:20

Was just at the news that it is a bit delayed.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 1, 2006 22:49

The concert so far (21:45):

Jumpin Jack Flash
Nå begynner det. Voldsom videointro med fyrverkeri og et drypp av regn. Så er Keith i gang og JUMPING JACK FLASH gjaller utover. Litt grov lyd, men tøft trøkk! Karakter 4 pluss.

It's only Rock' N Roll
Hastig og lystig. Mick flørter og poserer, mens Ron og Keith klynger sammen.

Oh no, not you again
- Det er fantastisk å være i Bergen for første gang, sier Jagger, på stotrende norsk! Nummer tre: oh no not you again, fra siste plate, overraskende energisk. Strålende Keith-solo, ny fire pluss.

Let's Spend The Night Together
Mer norsk fra Mick Jagger. Herlig kor, bra lyd, første femmer!

All down the line
Låt fem er en sjeldenhet fra 1972 - andre gang på årets turne. Full rock and roll! Blåsere og kor, sekser!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 1, 2006 22:59

>Strålende Keith-solo, ny fire pluss.

Wow!!!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 1, 2006 23:03

Yes Gazza,

In fact, Blåsere og kor, sekser!

Fan-farking-tastic!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 1, 2006 23:17

I guess I thought you well over in UK.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: September 1, 2006 23:24

Still All Down The Line?! Pretty long take!

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: September 1, 2006 23:39

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: September 1, 2006 23:39

Taken from Shidoobee

So far...

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. Lets Spend The Night Together
5. All Down The Line
6. Streets of Love
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice
intros
9. Slipping Away
10.Before They Make Me Run

11.Miss You

THANKS TO GAZZA FROM ROCKS OFF

And according to Cardiff....

12-Rough Justice
13-Start Me Up
14- Honky tonk Women

15-Sympathy for the Devil
16-Paint It Black
17-Brown Sugar

18-You Can't Always Get What You Want
19- Satisfaction

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 2, 2006 09:31

business as usual?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 2, 2006 09:41

Was it three star meal ? On the second picture above, it looks that there are plenty of space, i.e. could have added 5,000 people to the 20,000. Was it so for security purposes ?

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: September 2, 2006 10:23

There are regulations on how many people one can let inn at concert sites and football grounds in Norway. This is due to security, in case of an accident or a fire. The entire place has to be emptied in a few minutes in order to prevent casualties. Actually the firebrigade set the quotas, and there was no way they could have let more people in. And the picture you see is probably taken hours before showstart. I tried to work my way through the site from the Rattlesnake inn to the golden circle. So crowded - it took me 40 minutes...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 2, 2006 10:27

Thanks.

Posted by: Askøy ()
Date: September 2, 2006 15:29

One of those VG-nett clip is mine
TV2 camra didn`t work and they buy the tape from my privat camra.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 2, 2006 15:47

Is it BV on this picture?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 2, 2006 22:12

Well, I am there. I am the big-headed, Conan O´Brien looking Finn in the low right corner. My head didn´t fit =)

I GOT KEEF´S PICK FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW, THREE YEARS BETWEEN SHOWS! He threw it at me after Satisfaction. I dropped it, but a security worker gave it to me. (I had talked to the same security guy all evening long, that might have helped winking smiley)

Good contact with Keef all night long, grins, winks...and the pick. This must be a world record, to get a pick two times in a row winking smiley

Rain fell down, but what the heck, it was great. Mick really seemed to enjoy himself.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: September 2, 2006 23:31

My number 4 concert, and the best 'till now!
Got 10 meters from the stage on Keith side, on the sides they were 5 meters from us. Just great. I lost my voice and my leather jacket and my shoes are still wet, but who cares!

Drove 810 KM down to Bergen on thursday, drove back today. Just got home.

Streets Of Love was nothing but beautiful.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 3, 2006 02:28

> business as usual?

If you judge a Stones show by the set list you are sitting at home being bored by your computer. It does not make any sense. It was some show and the Bergen fans will be talking about it for the next 50 years.

Bjornulf

Date: September 3, 2006 02:37

That doesn't mean it wasn't business as usual.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 3, 2006 02:47

If you see the stage and the amount of water coming down from the Gods, and the crowd being total virgin not knowing Tumbling Dice and Streets Of Love apart then you would understand this was NOT business as usual. Not for the Stones. Not for the crowd. I am repeating myself. The only ones saying the Bergen show was business as usual are the ones that did not go to that show. Very interesting indeed.

Bjornulf

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 3, 2006 03:18

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you see the stage and the amount of water
> coming down from the Gods, and the crowd being
> total virgin not knowing Tumbling Dice and Streets
> Of Love apart then you would understand this was
> NOT business as usual. Not for the Stones. Not for
> the crowd. I am repeating myself. The only ones
> saying the Bergen show was business as usual are
> the ones that did not go to that show. Very
> interesting indeed.

Exactly, bv, this was a great show, especially considering the rain. ADTL was a great addition and the sound was great ...nice change from the Stadia. Crowd were generally pretty good, although the "Gold Circle" area on Ronnie's side was way too packed and there were people in there with chairs right in the middle, taking up loads of space. Mick worked his socks off and Ronnie was as good as Twickenham 2. We got into Bergen at 3 p.m. and left Saturday morning on the 6.45 back to Stansted, so we only spent 16 hours in Bergen this time around, wet through and with only 2 hours sleep....but it was definitely worth it.
Shame we didn't meet up but we'll see you at Ashton Gate next year (I should have some more info. on that re. dates very shortly).

All the best....you just have to be there, there's no substitute.

Chris & Pam

Date: September 3, 2006 09:57

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > business as usual?
>
> If you judge a Stones show by the set list you are
> sitting at home being bored by your computer. It
> does not make any sense.

Ok, I was at 6 shows in Europe (+ 2 Chicago) and I thought a few of them were business as usual (except Milan)

Milan,Köln,Paris,Amsterdam,London (I,II). Same shows. So I don't know why Bergen could have been so,so much better than the shows I attended.
But, I admit, I wasn't there. Sorry, but I quoted somebody else after she listened to parts of show.
Mind that I still love the stones and I had a good time at all of the concerts but I simply don't like stadium shows anymore. 2 or 3 is enough.
But I'll go next year to at least 4 shows probably. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-03 10:05 by Harm.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 3, 2006 12:24

If I were the Stones, I'd focus more and more playing
in 'little' places and semi-small venues.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 3, 2006 16:08

Hei, just came back from Bergensmiling smiley I haven't seen the band since Zeppelinfield Nuremberg Germany '98, but I must admit that if this was business as usual, I deeply regret that I haven't been to more shows! I was positively surprised in more than one way. First of all, I'm very glad to see Jagger perform/sing with such vitality, and it occured to me that he really ment it. I've heard several recordings from this tour, but none of them have captured what I heard in Bergen. I'm not an expert on what kind of equipment, stage and effects they use on this tour, but I can't remember seeing any pictures of the stage being used in Bergen. The whole thing appered to me as very stripped down, and the Stones looked kind of vulnerable facing the small crowd of 20 thousand. When the band started off with JJF, I was amazed by the fact that it had that certain touch of darkness to it that they used to be so good at. Iorr was indeed very good too, surely not played to death yet! The end of ONNYA reminded me of a E.Winos jam on the end of "Take It So Hard" -They were really groovin'( I have never had any special feeling for ONNYA on the record). One of, or maybe the best song, was IMO All Down The Line. The closest I've come to like this song after M.T. left the band is actually the version on the officially released live single from '95 (I think), but the version played in Bergen was probably better. I've never heard Ron Wood play slide this good before - ever! Sadly, from there on, he seemed to do lesser out of himself, at least in my opinion, though he didn't do anything wrong. Jagger and Richards looked like they were on fire as well. MR and TD very intensive too. Actually, Ron did a nice solo on TD. He did also cover parts of the Taylor riffs from Ya Ya's MR, with a bit lesser success. Before They Make Me Run was almost perfect. The version of Satisfaction was similar to JJF and Keith used the'69 live riff through the whole songsmiling smiley
I'm left with the feeling that the setlist is nothing to complain about (though I never have). I've probably heard around thirty versions of Brown Sugar just from the'72-'73 tour, and do that because I enjoy the versions of the song. -I also enjoyed the versions of the songs I heared in Bergen. To me it seems that playing "only" 19 songs provides the band with enough power to perform with the a level of energy that you expect from the Rolling Stones...

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: September 3, 2006 16:12

This was my sixth show, the first being Gothenburg in 1982 and I have to say, I think Bergen was the best of the ones I've been to. I stood 4-5 metres to the right of the small stage and had a blast watching the boys out in the rain. Keef look as he did in the early seventies, at least in the dark. Went to see Chris J. afterwards but that was not very funny so I left.

Date: September 3, 2006 16:16

It's so much better, fun if you can see the boys from 5 meters or so.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home