Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

bridges to babylon's satisfaction
Posted by: homerus ()
Date: August 15, 2006 13:29

i have seen many many times bridges to babylon tour dvd and i believe that it is the best "satisfaction" live version the group ever played. Jagger is amazing, i don't know if it is because this concert is the dvd of the tour, but the man makes perhaps his best live performance in this song.
Whatever we say about him, he is far away the greatest performer in rock music. Bridges to Babylon is still my favorite Stones dvd.

Re: bridges to babylon's satisfaction
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 15, 2006 13:31

I alkways thought it was a bit lame as a opener. Of course it is maybe there best opening song but IMo the Voodoo version rocks much more then the B2b.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: August 15, 2006 13:44

This is exactly why I loved Stones.Everything is perfect,the comet,Keith who looks cool with the fur and the sunglasses and Mick and of course that great song.Also great solo.Short but the ideal.

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: August 15, 2006 14:08

StratoGR i totally agree with you about Keith. Especially the fur.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 15, 2006 16:35

I like it as the "high tech" Satisfaction opener as it is. But the best version is the VL ones.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: August 15, 2006 16:52

B2B versions rocked,came out of the night to take me by suprise...IMO the Voodoo Lounge version was to show band like...I think they kept it to the point on the B2B tour ,,Keith in top form with the long coat and great solo..

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 15, 2006 19:55

I'd like to see it as an opener at the UK shows,but only if they play it like BTB OR VL.

I wouldn't mind that Les Paul fuzztone again !

not opened with since the 60's ? exept Knebworth.

sc uk

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 15, 2006 20:11

The Bridges To Babylon opener was awsome, but my favourite is the Voodoo Lounge tour opener. I really wish Keith would dig out his Les Paul again.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 15, 2006 20:45

on the subject of satisfaction, last night I was listening to Satisfaction from Saitama ( on this tour) all the way through, ususally I skip over that one and I realized that I totally forgot about how they add the extra ending to satisfaction on this tour. Its almost like a false ending, except they dont really start the song up again. they just extend the ending out a little more with gituars and charlie banging on the drums. It actually sounds pretty cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-15 20:46 by ryanpow.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 15, 2006 20:49

Just a great song.

I loved the punk rock version in '81 and the soul-revue style in '89 as well.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: August 15, 2006 21:17

Homerus are you from Greece?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 15, 2006 23:51

The best thing about the btb dvd satisfaction is the splits that keith does at the end of the song! Great!

Great solo as well.

I remember getting the dvd/video a while before i had seen any of the btb shows, it came out in june or july 98 in the uk, and i put it on, and was completely blown away by the intro with the explosion etc! I was a bit of a stones novice back then. Now, it takes more than some fireworks and a leopard-print coat to get my juices a-flowing... LOL

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home