Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: August 6, 2006 19:45

Starland Vocal Band
Starship, listen to that horrible song, "Jane" a bucket of arena rock cliches
Bryan Adams, more cliches-"cuts like a knife," "when the feeling's right I'm going to stay out all night"
KISS-kids in service to stupidity
Katrina and the Waves

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: August 6, 2006 21:27

Bassplayer I cant agree with you at all, the Dictators are a great band, they are still around and are New York stalwarts, the album cover you are showing has to be one of the funniest records ever in rock. your not supposed to take the Dics seriously, check the lyrics

"We knocked them dead in Dallas, they didnt know that we were jews"

"Whos that boy with the sandwich in his hand....he can make a dead dog laugh, time to kick his mother in the ass"

etc.etc

Also the song "I live for cars and girls" is on this record and this is a worldwide garage band staple like "Louie Louie"

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Date: August 6, 2006 21:36

As far as worst bands, don't forget 'Men Without Hats' (Safety Dance).
Also groups like Wham, Milli Vanilli, Vanilla Ice, Oingo Boingo and Styx make me want to hurl!

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 6, 2006 21:53

humanriff77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bassplayer I cant agree with you at all, the
> Dictators are a great band, they are still around
> and are New York stalwarts, the album cover you
> are showing has to be one of the funniest records
> ever in rock. your not supposed to take the Dics
> seriously, check the lyrics
>
> "We knocked them dead in Dallas, they didnt know
> that we were jews"
>
> "Whos that boy with the sandwich in his hand....he
> can make a dead dog laugh, time to kick his mother
> in the ass"
>
> etc.etc
>
> Also the song "I live for cars and girls" is on
> this record and this is a worldwide garage band
> staple like "Louie Louie"

Oh, I know that, humanriff. I like some of their stuff, so I was pointing out the uselessness of trying to gauge something like this. It's a matter of personal taste, NOT artistic relevance or simply the "fun factor".

If nothing else, it gives some folks the chance to trash other bands besides the Stones.

To tell you the truth, that "Go Girl Crazy" album cover is pretty damn funny, as the band itself is the picture on the locker-room wall.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: August 6, 2006 22:02

bassplayer617 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> humanriff77 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bassplayer I cant agree with you at all, the
> > Dictators are a great band, they are still
> around
> > and are New York stalwarts, the album cover you
> > are showing has to be one of the funniest
> records
> > ever in rock. your not supposed to take the
> Dics
> > seriously, check the lyrics
> >
> > "We knocked them dead in Dallas, they didnt
> know
> > that we were jews"
> >
> > "Whos that boy with the sandwich in his
> hand....he
> > can make a dead dog laugh, time to kick his
> mother
> > in the ass"
> >
> > etc.etc
> >
> > Also the song "I live for cars and girls" is on
> > this record and this is a worldwide garage band
> > staple like "Louie Louie"
>
> Oh, I know that, humanriff. I like some of their
> stuff, so I was pointing out the uselessness of
> trying to gauge something like this. It's a matter
> of personal taste, NOT artistic relevance or
> simply the "fun factor".
>
> If nothing else, it gives some folks the chance to
> trash other bands besides the Stones.
>
> To tell you the truth, that "Go Girl Crazy" album
> cover is pretty damn funny, as the band itself is
> the picture on the locker-room wall.

bassplayer617,You got it! This is why i posted this thread. If nothing else,it gives some folks the chance to trash other bands besides the stones. I was getting burnt on the trashing of the stones especially on Live concert Day BEFORE THE SHOW I MIGHT ADD!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-06 22:04 by stonesfrk.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 6, 2006 22:37

Tears For Fears
Wham!
ABC

Any band where the keyboard player has the keyboard around his/her neck.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: August 6, 2006 22:46

PANIKK!!

(see also Thread "Mick Jagger is good but..."


Raw Iguana

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 6, 2006 23:24

Nickelback are the shittest band ever and I've seen them live (they were supporting Bon Jovi). So CRAP they should be called Nickelshit/crap.

I have to agree Black Lace are just as crap.

What amazes me is that no one has mentioned James Blunt Or should I James C**T,
an insipid little girly voiced mediocre (sorry crap) singer/songwriter. He should be taken out @ dawn and shot!!

NickB

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 6, 2006 23:26

NickB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What amazes me is that no one has mentioned James
> Blunt Or should I James C**T,
> an insipid little girly voiced mediocre (sorry
> crap) singer/songwriter. He should be taken out @
> dawn and shot!!

Very true, and it also amazes me that nobody has mentioned Wham and that singer.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 6, 2006 23:27

KingBee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PANIKK!!
>
> (see also Thread "Mick Jagger is good but..."
>
>
> Raw Iguana


What are you talking about?! We're a fantasic band. By the way, we are called Ekstremt Billig ├śl (extremly cheap beer in english), not Panikk. We are about to make a record, and we will name it; "I give u booze, u give me tits". That album title is copyrighted by the way.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:09

(excuse my english)
The question is the "ratio" BAD MUSIC/SUCCESS, I understand. Well, in this case, my list of 10 is:
U2
U2
U2
U2
U2
U2
U2
U2
U2
U2

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:11

roadrunner
there is medication for this illness you have

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:13

SeNdEr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ramones....aarrrggg they sucks!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS THAT THING CALLED "ROCK AND ROLL"

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:24

Styx seems to be a real winner in this category.
But what about Bon Jovi and worse: Bryan Adams. That's also vomit set to music.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:24

NickB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nickelback are the shittest band ever and I've
> seen them live (they were supporting Bon Jovi). So
> CRAP they should be called Nickelshit/crap.
>
> I have to agree Black Lace are just as crap.
>
> What amazes me is that no one has mentioned James
> Blunt Or should I James C**T,
> an insipid little girly voiced mediocre (sorry
> crap) singer/songwriter. He should be taken out @
> dawn and shot!!
>
> NickB


Always thought you name was taken from (Nick)el(cool smileyack

__________________________

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:42

glimmer twin 81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> roadrunner
> there is medication for this illness you have

Thank you, but if you like U2 and the Stones at the same time, this is a true, true squizofrenia.
An example: compare the Keith's riffs with the "klin-klin-klin" of ...(I cant remember his name)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-07 00:48 by ROADRUNNER.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:43

roadrunner lol

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:50

glimmer twin 81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> roadrunner lol


what means "lol"?

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:51

Laughing out loud..

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:01

NICOS Wrote:

>
>
> Always thought you name was taken from
> (Nick)el(cool smileyack


No it's my initials thankyou you funny hatwinking smiley

NickB

ps funny hat is cockney rhyming slang....I'm sure a man of your intellect will work it out!

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:50

OAK RIDGE BOYS SLAM STONES ON FOX

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:54

I really can't believe some of the bands I have seen on this list.

The Ramones, Crue, Queen, Areosmith, Kiss...
so much decadence and sex in these artists not to mention a big F-U attitude.... and to me those are the most important elements of ROCK AND ROLL

I understand a difference of opinion BUT GOOD GOD MAN..... How can you love the Stones with thier great grooves and all of the sexy rock rebellion yet think these bands are the WORST EVER.

I personally HATE the band Rush, but they sure are not even close to the worst band.


I see the Ramones on this list and can't see how this person and I can be in the same group of fans.

it takes all kinds of opinion, but I wonder if you love the same Rolling Stones that I do.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 7, 2006 02:16

I think most of them don't understand the word WORST, this means bad quality.

I.E I'm not a fan of Queen but the music isn't bad.

Looks like most of the poster think with Worst what music do you hate or don't like.

The same goes for most overrated artist (Topic) you find the same names there.

__________________________

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 7, 2006 02:32

anyone voted for LIMP BIZKIT or LINKIN PARK yet ?

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 7, 2006 02:58

I have a Q: why do people hate that band 4 Non Blondes so much? I rememebr them, and right from the get go they just pissed people off. I thoight that chick wrote some decent tunes; and she had those groovy hats.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: August 7, 2006 03:05

How can people say bands like Nirvana and The Ramones are the worst bands ever?

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 7, 2006 03:08

Yeah, it's a really confusing topic. I think Nirvana completely sucks ass, but the worst band ever.. you know.. but as andy js mentioned, Lincoln Park or Limb Biscuit is so much worse..

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Date: August 7, 2006 04:06

U2. Full stop.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 7, 2006 04:28

x



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 03:52 by Beelyboy.

Re: Who Is THE WORST Band Ever?
Date: August 7, 2006 07:22

stonesfrk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> keefriffhard4life Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > what are you smoking? there are plenty of bands
> > worse than the ones you said.
> >
> > bee gees-before the disco thing they were great
> > soul music and they were great song writers.
> >
> > billy squire-he's not a band first off. second
> > he's a guitar wizard
> >
> > monkeys-they got a record deal because they
> were
> > created by a record label or tv producer. also
> > "daydream believer" is an awesome song.
> >
> > poison and l.a. guns-they were huge draws on
> the
> > sunset strip in the 80's so why wouldn't they
> get
> > a record deal? also what is wrong with the
> songs
> > "every rose has its thorn" and "something to
> > believe in"? traci guns from l.a. guns was
> > originally in guns n roses and is an awesome
> > guitar player and axl rose was in l.a. guns
> before
> > he had hollywood rose so wouldn't a record
> label
> > jump on that.
> >
> >
> > worse bands ever are backstreet boys, 98
> degrees,
> > n'sync, linkin park, limp bizkit. they are much
> > worse than the bands you picked.
>
> What am i smokin? Some good Hawaiian! Not crack!
> As to your break down of the Big hair era, yes
> thats right the big hair the hair was there
> talent. Especially back then those bands SUCKED to
> say the least i listened to stones zep floyd
> hendrix...etc. When that shit came on the radio or
> someone played it at a party like a chick we my
> friends tore that shit off the record player
> period. As to L.A.guns i still stand behind what i
> say they stink so does poison and i used to party
> with all those guys including Vince Neil. I lived
> about a block away from his accident when he
> killed his friend. That guy is an idiot too he had
> a a bud tall on the ruff of his car just talking
> rederic as his friends dead in the car but that's
> a different story. Whitesnake and Motly Goons
> actually were O.K. Twisted shit and the rest stink
> thats why you don't hear them they did not stand
> the test of time. Just like the grunge someone
> alredy quotedlike Nirvana has the 6 best time song
> of all time with teen spirit yeah right. As To
> billy sqiqer he stunk i saw him and walked out, A
> Guitar wizard what part wizard never even heard of
> any of his songs in the top 1 thousand. I agree
> with most of your stuff about your worse bands
> ever back street boys, 98 degrees, n'sync, limp
> bizkit, Linkin park though actually is a good band
> obviously they sold 15 million on there first go
> around. Why because they actually invented
> something. Instead of all our guitar heroes off
> the sixties tuning down to G well they took it to
> a new level tuning all the way down to C. Thats
> how they get there sound. You actually forgot
> about the Hanson on your worst ever.


the hair was talent? i need whatever you are on. first off almost any artist in the 80's had crazy hair. remember rod stewart then? what about page and plant then? remember bad company and alice cooper then? every rock musician in particular had bad hair and big hair back then it was the style. look at the stones style for instance, they change the stage appearance with whatever is popular. micks jump suits, his cape, his half cut sleaveless 80's shirts. it called a style. but l.a. guns hair was never teased up so what are you talking about? in fact 2 members in the group always wore a hat or bandana and the guitraist hair was down to his eyes in a bowl cut style with the underneath part shaved. but are you gay? why are you judging a bands talent by the way they look? i brought this up before btw twisted sister was a 70's band who didn't hit it big until the 80's. theyare celebrating a 30 years this year.i like nirvana but once i got old i realised the music is great the lyrics are for stoned, depressed retards who wanna kill themself. name 5 talented musicians from a grunge band though. maybe jerry cantrell and dave grohl and chris cornell. name 5 from 80's bands. george lynch, slash, traci guns, tony macalpine, yngwie malmsteen, bobby rondenelli(spelling?), chris impelletri(spelling?), rob rock, rudy sarzo, jeff scott soto, vinnie vincent, jake e. lee, zakk wylde, randy rhodes, everyone in iron maiden, geoff tate, paul gilbert, billy sheehan, frankie banali, jason becker, marty friedman, cris poland, kirk hammet, steve vai, joe satriani, les claypool, stevie ray vaughan, dave mustaine, michael angelo batio, gary hoey.the list is endless. and i won't crack on hanson because johnny lang played on their second album.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home