Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Queen and Stones
Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:22

I am looking for information about the relations between the Rolling Stones and Queen. I only know hat Mick was at the Wembley show in 86.
Any interview of Keith or Mick talking about Queen ?
Did they like each other ? Was Mick "jealous" of the huge success of Queen in the mid eighties ?

Whenever I hear the introduction of One Vision, I cannot help thinking it is strongly inspired by keith's riffs. It sounds like open G tuning, but it seems that Brian May was using his Red Special in standard tuning (in videos taken during the recording of this incredible song). What is your opinion on this song ?

Re: Queen and Stones
Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:24

Queen sucks. If there is some alliance/relationship this is news to me, but I'm young. I'm sure StonesTod can fill us in, or atleast humor us. (comeon man, i set you up for a good jab or two. you better come through for us)

-Drake

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:26

I like this song too. Brian May is brilliant especially in the live versions.

I agree with you Nicolas, there are for sure some Stones influences in the guitars.

Sometimes, Brian May reminds of Mick Taylor's playing..it's very fluid, up in the stratosphere

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:31

Queen have never been to my taste although if i had to pick a favourite Queen era it would be the seventies. They have always been rather too bombastic and lack much of the subtelty that is evident in the Stones best work.

I never liked One Vision at all - it's typically eighties sounding and i'm sure Keith would never have recorded a riff which was so obvious - he'd have been a lot more subtle in its execution. One Vision has more in common with Van Halen, Def Leppard etc. than the Stones.

Posted by: Buddy Young ()
Date: July 23, 2006 11:42

I once saw an interview with Jagger. He said the following about Freddie:

Some people call him the second Mick Jagger, but be probably doesn't like to be called that.

Listen to my new album on www.bowemusic.nl!

Posted by: RickJagger ()
Date: July 23, 2006 12:06

I like Queen very much. Freddie Mercury has had one of the greatest voice in the rock history. Every member of the band is awesome. Freddie has a unique voice, John Deacon is one of my three favourite bass player (the other two are Bill Wyman and Geezer Butler), Taylor's work at the drums is amazing (his voice too) and May knows how to play a guitar. Finally they did two @#$%& great albums like A Night At Opera and A Day A The Races.
Queen doesn't suck at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-23 12:07 by RickJagger.

Posted by: Esperola ()
Date: July 23, 2006 12:13

Queen was my first favourite band, a couple years later I discovered RS and they are still both there, at the very top. I know that Freddie respected RS very much, it can be seen and heard on the Live At The Bowl DVD (interview on the second disc). Also I remember a small video clip with Mick speaking about Freddie, I think it was on the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert DVD.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 23, 2006 12:43

There are a few pearls among the Queen songs. Relax - I said A FEW! But I saw them live once... At the old Empire Pool Wembley, now the Wembley arena. (1977)Mercury was sporting a white leotard with sequins, and I suddenly realised that this was something Jagger had done MANY years earlier. Mercury, although he had a great range in his voice, was never more than his own parody of a drag show. And the drag shows were inspired by him... But at times, they were really good. A little pompous, though.

Posted by: MegaWatts ()
Date: July 23, 2006 13:16

Mick also attended their show in MSG in 1977 together with Elton John and Bernie Taupin.I remember reading somewhere that Mick said the only interesting British band of 70's apart from The Stones were Queen.

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: July 23, 2006 16:17

richards appears on some queen footages. he said sth. like: ehhh ask me next time.
he was ask on his homepage about queen. he said that he only met brian may.
i can imagine that the SW tour stage was inspired by the a kind of magic stage.
mick did some songs together with michael jackson and freddie... but i've never heared them.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 23, 2006 16:20

That band aint no R&R fuc them..I hate that band!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home