Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: whats going on in Vienna?
Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:23

In this pictures again we see lots of smiles from Keith to Mick just like in Milano. How cool. Five songs from the last album and This Place Is Empty and She's So Cold back on the set list! Awesome!

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:49

Was the sound better than in Milan? This band seems to be on fire?! Just love the smiles on their faces. Europe is HOME, boys! Welcome back!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:52

In Milan they had a city limit on the sound; that's why it was quite low at San Siro. Ernst Happen Stadium in Vienna is not really in residential area I think so they played it loud tonight. Loud and clear. The crowed loved it. And again Streets Of Love is very popular, and As Tears Go By also very popular, people sing a long and have big smile son their faces. When Ronnie did his Can't Always Get solo Mick moved back to Keith. Back there they watched Ronnie doing an extended solo which was great by the way, both smiling, very happy, and then Keith folded his arm around Mick as to say this is our boy Mick he is nailing it. Ronnie was all a big smile afterwords. Great show. PS. Before As Tears Go By Mick said "We will do it in English."

Bjornulf

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 15, 2006 02:01

Thanks! I'll see you in Hannover and Berlin! Buy you a drink! Just finished putting together the furnishing lists for Bergen back stage. Hope everyone will be pleased. (they're NOT bringing any furniture themselves to Bergen...)

Date: July 15, 2006 02:39

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Five new songs!!! All right!!

That sounds like the most ABB songs in one show to date.I would prefer other ABB songs but,another small step in the right direction.It also appears that they once again are looking back to past set lists to avoid repeating non-warhorses (hopefully this is why Under My Thumb was not played) except for BTMMR.I expected Happy at this particular show as it has been since 1990 that it was last played in Austria.I also liked the idea of KR playing the fast song first and the slower song second as he did in Italy.He's tried that at two or three shows since 1995 but,for some reason,never seems to stick to it.

Goodnight Vienna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 02:42 by Theif in the Night.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 15, 2006 02:45

The set was a decent mix of warhorses, new stuff and classic fan favorites. Not too shabby. Ronny looks lost though...I wonder if he's on medication. Keith's toupee seems to be hanging on quite well....must be using quality glue.

Date: July 15, 2006 03:03

As I understand it,they only needed to get rid of a very small amount of his hair to "drill" the very small hole into his head.

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 03:20

my second stones show and it was so awesome
pretty good setlist
and standing on keith's side is really great

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 15, 2006 03:23

I think the set is so much more intresting and new than it ever was in the USA.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: July 15, 2006 03:30

I agree with u about 50% rooster. however, i saw 2 shows this tour:
-Columbus in sept
and the 2nd Chicago show in Jan '06 and I think both had a nice mix of random songs and big hits like these past 2 shows.

Date: July 15, 2006 03:33

It's not that much different.One song from this show,guess which one,that I didn't hear in the United States.Again,I don't count BTMMR because,although a great song,it has already been played repeatedly all over the place.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 15, 2006 10:08

It's good to hear that the sound was clear and loud. Thanks for the nice pics. Audience have the right to get their singalong songs like SOl. It's their night.
Was the audience greyhaired ? I found the audience in Milano "quite" young, I mean audience of all ages.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 15, 2006 10:56

Good to hear the sound is back on ;-)

BTW. they have city limits on volume for some cities (i.e. Berlin, Boston to name some). Low volume does not mean it has to sound shitty. Why can't some people accept that there are better and that there are weaker shows or sounds?

So we can look forward to Munich for a great show (hopefully).

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 15, 2006 11:09

> 5. Rain Fall Down
> 6. She's So Cold
> 7. Streets Of Love
> 8. As Tears Go By
wow

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: July 15, 2006 11:18

Austrian press today :

Kleine Zeitung :

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 15, 2006 11:47

If you compare tour to tour, 8 songs were played that were on no Live Licks setlist - I think that's plain satisfying!
Pictures are great.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:04

PIB! Tears! BTMMR! TPIE! Closin' to perfection.
Wonderful pix!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:17

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> PIB! Tears! BTMMR! TPIE! Closin' to perfection.
> Wonderful pix!!

A great setlist, I must say. DidnĀ“t expect five new ones, to be honest.
I hope they keep the standard for Munich.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:31

OK that setlist WOW!!!!
Those pics WOW!!!!!
What I've heard about the show from Lorenz WOW!!!!!

It seems that they are SO much on FRICKIN' fire this time that it will beat the crap out of previous tours. Hell, Jagger looks like he eats Springsteens and Bonos for breakfast. To me it looks like they are gonna prove everyone that said they're going out with a whimper rather than a big bang wrong.

LONG LIVE THE STONES!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:38

I must admit, the set-list is quite impressive by ABB-tour standards. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:54

The papers write of a 45,000 crowd. Which means 80 % sold out. Glups.

Posted by: mistress ()
Date: July 15, 2006 13:02

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 13:18

the fos area has been too big
its stupid that people have to be in the back
and there were free places in fos although it was officially sold out

sound was great
mick was awesome
crowd was in a fantastic mood for a german audience

too many abb songs by the way

and start me up shouldnt be played on b stage

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 15, 2006 13:57

So folks have been whinging for months around here about the set list..too many warhorses..not enough new material...too much this...too little that

...and now we have "too many ABB songs" on the ABB tour !

For f*** sake. Damned if they do ..and damned if they don't.

Serve folks right if they brought back Popeye the sailor... and played it all night ;^)

Date: July 15, 2006 16:32

Who said that?I must have missed it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 15, 2006 16:39

Spud Wrote:
> So folks have been whinging for months around here
> about the set list..too many warhorses..not enough
> new material...too much this...too little that
>
> ...and now we have "too many ABB songs" on the ABB
> tour !
>
> For f*** sake. Damned if they do ..and damned
> if they don't.
>
>

well the person above who 'whinged' about 'too many ABB songs' wasnt the same as those who were previously unenthusiastic about the setlist, so that somewhat disproves your point. In fact, the same poster even started a thread a week ago admonishing others for expressing any criticism about setlists!

[www.iorr.org]

I dont see too many people complaining at the lack of new material. On the contrary, you'll find that those of us who were critical of them up to now for NOT playing enough new songs (myself included) have expressed a degree of satisfaction at the fact that they ARE now doing so. As far as I'm concerned, two shows in its so far so good. The last third of the show is still somewhat unimaginative and predictable, but overall so far its a better mix than I thought it would be

Everyone has different tastes as to what theyd like at a Stones show, so regardless of what they play there will be someone who isnt crazy about it. That doesnt mean its the same people each time, however

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 16:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: July 15, 2006 21:35

And now, the video report of yesterday show on this evening ORF2 news (concert footage inside):

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 15, 2006 21:41

doesnt work, mist

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2006 21:46

The Vienna show was sold out. But when it got cancelled they got plenty of returns, because it is holiday season in Austria now. They gave away some of the returned tickets before the show but still I think they missed may be 15,000 people to be at full capacity. That's the core problem with this rescheduled tour and the cancellations. Rescheduling on short notice means lots of returns because people do have a life outside of the Stones. Except for you and me of course. We cancel our life and go by the Stones. That is why you are on IORR Tell Me and not out in the nice weather with family and friends drinking beer...

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:01

Great setlist! Five new songs and great choices like She's So Cold and As Tears Go By, Before They Make Me Run, etc. It's so nice to see them mixing it up like this - very encouraging.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home