Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: Today is the day of FRANCE
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 11, 2006 15:39

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the 3rd time,
>
> He called Zidane a DIRTY TERRORIST cause he has
> Arab/Algerian Parents -
>
>
> it's all over the news in the US (not that
> Football is considered very important in the US
> unfortunately but when they talk about the Zidane
> headbutt they say this is why)

I believe you Micksbrain, but we need to be sure. Now we 're waiting for Zidane's version
How can US Sports can be so sure of that ?
did they read on the lout's lips ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-11 15:46 by stonefan.

Date: July 11, 2006 15:41

rknuth :

Now the Italien "minister" Calderoli is offending the Team Tricolor by calling them nigger and communists without any roots!

Oh boy, poor Italy...

For you who understand German:
( [portale.web.de] )

------------------------------------------------------

even the italian minister is racist !

Great !!

Italians are showing their real faces !

A total shame !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-11 15:42 by stonefan.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 11, 2006 15:45

Isn't the truth of it that professional footballers, of all nationalities, today behave appallingly and act like spoiled 8 year old children.

[...or is that an insult to 8 year old kids ? ]

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 11, 2006 15:51

They actually say they have a lip reader working on it (I don't know if they're joking or not. The US has a strange attitude towards Football because they don't like anything to be HUGE around the world unless America invented it. If it's an American Sport it's great, if it's from someplace else it's insignificant. Very unfortunate attitude from the sinking American Empire) BTW, Since Paris is my favorite city (and the best, most beautiful city in the world) and I have an Apartment there I'm gonna have to be on the French side of things. I don't think Zidane will repeat what was said to him to the media but who knows....

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:03

MicksBrain Wrote:
> For the 3rd time,
>
> He called Zidane a DIRTY TERRORIST cause he has
> Arab/Algerian Parents -

oh no he didn't!

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:03

Calderoli is what you might wanna call a d**k-head.
And he's not an Italian minister, just a politician like Jean Marie LePen.

Date: July 11, 2006 16:12

andy js Wrote:
> MicksBrain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For the 3rd time,
> >
> > He called Zidane a DIRTY TERRORIST cause he has
> > Arab/Algerian Parents -
>
>
> oh no he didn't!

Hey Andy, That's what the US media is saying, OK? I didn't have time to go out and be a journalist for weeks to get to the bottom of it myself. I mean, information comes in, you gotta make a judgement at some point if it's true or not. At this point I believe it because for Zidane to do something that crazy somthing really nasty and low had to be said. Now stop being jealous of France/Paris.....

Date: July 11, 2006 16:14

HAHA! AS EXPECTED THE TRUTH IS OUT AT LAST

It has been revealed that Materazzi was provoking Zidane by doing 'Allo 'Allo' impressions throughout the game. In the first half according to Materazzi,
"I was not talking to him (Zidane) in since the first 15 minutes but when we are equalizing I am saying to him, 'You stupid woman!!", like Renee in 'Allo 'Allo. This is making him laugh."

When the players went off at half time Materazzi and the Italian coach Marcello Lippi forced their way into the French dressing room as they claimed that two British airmen were being hidden there. The banter seemingly carried on in the second half of normal time with Zidane being taunted about
"The picture of the Fallen Madonna vith ze big boobies by Van Clump"

However the mood changed in extra time with Materazzi noting,

"The tension was getting to all of these players but Zizou was like he is on another planet. We went in for a challenge together so I am saying to him,

"Listen very carefully I shall say ziss only once - you are a bald Algerian homo!" and he is not liking this! Mama mia!!"

Date: July 11, 2006 16:22

right
i agree with you
Calderoli and Le Pen are stupid jerks

Date: July 11, 2006 16:23

Oh yeah, Materazzi is gonna tell the truth so he can have the whole Arabic world after his ass... don't think so... "Bald Algerian Homo"? - who's gonna get angry at THAT, those words are a laugh, come on man, get real......(if you believe that story let me tell you about "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq - bahahahahaha)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:52

dunhill Wrote:
> Calderoli is what you might wanna call a
> d**k-head.
> And he's not an Italian minister, just a
> politician like Jean Marie LePen.

glad we can agree on that.

Calderoli was a politican who had to step back because he wore a t-shirt with a mohammed caricature

[portale.web.de]

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 17:32

First of all, that's retarded, because Zidane is NOT an "Arab" - He is a Kabyle Berber, if I recall...

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 17:34

andy js Wrote:
> HAHA! AS EXPECTED THE TRUTH IS OUT AT LAST
>
> It has been revealed that Materazzi was provoking
> Zidane by doing 'Allo 'Allo' impressions
> throughout the game. In the first half according
> to Materazzi,
> "I was not talking to him (Zidane) in since the
> first 15 minutes but when we are equalizing I am
> saying to him, 'You stupid woman!!", like Renee in
> 'Allo 'Allo. This is making him laugh."
>
> When the players went off at half time Materazzi
> and the Italian coach Marcello Lippi forced their
> way into the French dressing room as they claimed
> that two British airmen were being hidden there.
> The banter seemingly carried on in the second half
> of normal time with Zidane being taunted about
> "The picture of the Fallen Madonna vith ze big
> boobies by Van Clump"
>
> However the mood changed in extra time with
> Materazzi noting,
>
> "The tension was getting to all of these players
> but Zizou was like he is on another planet. We
> went in for a challenge together so I am saying to
> him,
>
> "Listen very carefully I shall say ziss only once
> - you are a bald Algerian homo!" and he is not
> liking this! Mama mia!!"

After he was headbutted in the chest, he could be overheard moaning "whatta mistaka to maka!"

Date: July 11, 2006 17:35

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Oh yeah, Materazzi is gonna tell the truth so he
> can have the whole Arabic world after his ass...
> don't think so... "Bald Algerian Homo"? - who's
> gonna get angry at THAT, those words are a laugh,
> come on man, get real......(if you believe that
> story let me tell you about "Weapons of Mass
> Destruction" in Iraq - bahahahahaha)

i don't know where you are from Micksbrian : but if you took what i posted as 'fact' then you really need to seek professional help

allo, allo ?

Date: July 11, 2006 17:42

Of course I didn't take what you said as truth cause what Materazzi REALLY said is "You are a bald pooh pooh face" (pooh is what little kids call sh*t in case it doesn't translate) So that's the REAL reason he ended his career like that....

Date: July 11, 2006 19:14

big boobies

Posted by: gregsmart79 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 19:20

Liking the 'allo 'allo post andy js, very funny. But I don't think everybody here quite understands what it is (a british tv comedy based in france during world war 2!). It wasn't meant to suggest that that is what was actually said! (I hope...)

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 19:25

ROCK n ROLL!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 11, 2006 19:29

Paris
July 12, 2006
Page 1 of 2 | Single page

"Why? Why? Why?" screamed a French commentator in anguish as he watched a replay of Zinedine Zidane's headbutt, which led to his dismissal from the World Cup final.

It is the question the world's media is scrambling to answer, but as yet, cannot definitively do so.

Yesterday, the soccer media had come up with at least half-a-dozen versions of what Italian defender Marco Materazzi is supposed to have said to incense the French captain.

An Italian lip-reader, who claimed to have deciphered Materazzi's words, told the BBC that Materazzi had said: "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family", and then added, "Go f--- yourself."

Britain's top forensic lip-reader, Jessica Rees - whose skill has led her to be summoned as an expert witness at criminal trials - believed Materazzi called Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" before he added, "So just f--- off".

The Daily Mail said it, too, engaged a lip-reader who reached the same conclusion as Rees.

Brazil's Globo television also employed lip-reading experts, who concluded Materazzi had twice told Zidane his sister was a "whore", before directing "a coarse word" at him.

The French anti-racism group SOS Racisme issued a statement alleging that "several very well informed sources from the world of football" were convinced Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist".

Other reports suggested the taunt was directed at Zidane's mother, who is believed to be unwell, or his French-Spanish wife. Italia Telecom's Alice sports website reported that Materazzi had derided Zidane with the words: "Yeah, yeah, you're the phenomenon."

Zidane's agent, Alain Migliaccio, said he had been "provoked" when Materazzi said "something very grave".

Zidane's parents are Algerian, and he describes himself as a non-practising Muslim. Mokhtar Haddad, a cousin who gathered with friends and family to examine the incident on a big screen in the family's village of Aguemoune, 260 kilometres east of Algiers, said: "We think he either called him a terrorist or a son of Harkis." Harkis is a severe insult to Algerians, a term for collaborators in the Algerian war of independence from France. "The insult went in that direction," said Djamel Zidane, the player's brother. "Otherwise, he would not have reacted that way."

Materazzi steadfastly maintains that his jibes were not along racial lines. "It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist," he said. "I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means."

However, Materazzi admitted in La Gazzetta dello Sport that he did insult Zidane. "I held his shirt . . . for only a few seconds, he turned towards me and scoffed at me, looking at me with super arrogance, up and down (and said), 'If you really want my shirt, you can have it later'. It's true, I shot back with an insult."

Zidane played with Juventus for six seasons, speaks Italian, and several of his opponents on Sunday - not including Materazzi - were former teammates.

Materazzi's father, Giuseppe, defended his son: "Marco had told me he had been provoked. I don't want to be controversial, but there are things that have to be said instead of just pointing the finger and putting a black mark against someone."

Materazzi's agent, Claudio Vigorelli, added: "I've known Marco for a long time and I don't think he is capable of provoking a player, he is a good boy."

But Materazzi is no angel. Footage from earlier in the match showed him twisting Zidane's nipple. Although opinions ranged about what provoked Zidane, there was agreement that his response was unacceptable.

French Sports Minister Jean-Francois Lamour said "we can imagine that there was a provocation," but Zidane's act was "unpardonable". French sports daily L'Equipe wrote: "This morning, Zinedine, what do we tell our children, and all those for whom you were the living role model for all times?"

Pascal Boniface, director of Paris' Institute for International and Strategic Relations, suggested: "Zidane must now come forward and explain. It won't kill off his contracts - it wasn't a line of coke. But it's good for us to see our national hero is fallible."

Zidane promised a French television station that in the next few days, he would reveal what transpired in Berlin. Until then, the world waits . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-11 19:32 by Bingo.

Date: July 11, 2006 19:39

It seems Materazzi may well have got off very lightly with a mild head but. If the lip reading is true I think he should be banned as a proffesional. An extra spanner thrown into the works for good measure while Italian football awaits their judgement.

Date: July 11, 2006 19:44

While were're at it, remember the Italy USA game. An Italian elbowed deliberately an opposing player. OUCH.

Date: July 11, 2006 20:35

you can't be punished for saying something to wind up an opponent. it happens ALL the time. most players are just big enough to ignore it and not take the bait

but not our bald friend

i reckon he has hair issues and was jealous of the Italian's lovely head of hair

Date: July 11, 2006 20:45

In England if a policeman heard such a remark from a nearby fan at a game, he would be banned from the ground and possibly arrested.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 11, 2006 23:59

MicksBrain Wrote:
>
> The
> US has a strange attitude towards Football because
> they don't like anything to be HUGE around the
> world unless America invented it. If it's an
> American Sport it's great, if it's from someplace
> else it's insignificant.

The Biggest Spectator sport in the US is Auto Racing Originated in France 1894.

Golf is more popular in the US than any other Country, I believe it Origanted in Scotland.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home