Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick will attend England-Portugal
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:33

Radical match!!
End of story!!
Pff, Mick really picks a good match!!
The guy has a feeling for it.
It's a really exciting match!!
Let's take those penalties!
England, woohoo!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:34

because Carragher is more likely than him to take a penalty

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:40

Yeah!!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:40

Fuc!!

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:47

Congratulations Portugal! As usual the better team wins eventually.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:49

Ricardo, FANTASTIC, I have to say.
End of the WC for England.
Portugal always wins in an odd way.. first that strange match against the Netherlands.. now this.
That being said, I did support Englant.
I've had my country kicked out and I really enjoy players like Beckham.
Look, this is just sad!!
England did great, though.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:50

I thought it a bad idea that a country that was so passionate about a sport pen their hopes on a 20 year old. Wayne Rooney getting tossed for stepping on the guys nuts right in front of the referee was just stupid and/or what one can expect when you pen your hopes on a 20 year old.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:50

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:53

Mick jinx! (1998 penalties and now)

Date: July 1, 2006 20:53

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because Carragher is more likely than him to take
> a penalty

oops!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 1, 2006 20:54

Ricardo was fantastic.

I'm sad England didn't win, Lampard had a tough World Cup.

Date: July 1, 2006 21:00

What did Ronaldo do? One of the American announcers said "He shouldn't return to England for ratting out Rooney"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-01 21:01 by Bingo.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 1, 2006 21:03

Bingo Wrote:
> What did Ronaldo do? One of the American
> announcers said "He shouldn't return to England
> for ratting out Rooney"

Yea I heard Him say that also.

Date: July 1, 2006 21:17

Bingo Wrote:
> What did Ronaldo do? One of the American
> announcers said "He shouldn't return to England
> for ratting out Rooney"

provoked him in order to get a reaction which would get him sent off

The TV here showed that he'd been doing even more right athe kick off, which was totally unnecessary

Rooney will probably break him in two pieces on the first day that Manchester United resume pre-season training later this month

Date: July 1, 2006 21:23

I have on off-topic question within this thread which relates to English Football.

My future wife and I will be in London for part of our Honeymoon, we would love to see the Chelsea v. Liverpool match on 10-17-06 @ Stamford Bridge.

How hard is it to get tickets for that match? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 1, 2006 21:34

I happen to see briefly Mick on the TV . He was surrounded by some bodyguards.

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: July 1, 2006 21:34

Gazza Wrote:
> Bingo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What did Ronaldo do? One of the American
> > announcers said "He shouldn't return to England
> > for ratting out Rooney"
>
>
> provoked him in order to get a reaction which
> would get him sent off
>
> The TV here showed that he'd been doing even more
> right athe kick off, which was totally
> unnecessary
>
> Rooney will probably break him in two pieces on
> the first day that Manchester United resume
> pre-season training later this month

You mean that it was honourable thing what Rooney did? I think it was nasty and rude and it was more than enought to earn the red card.

Date: July 1, 2006 21:38

er...I dont believe I actually defended him - more a straightforward answer to your question as it appears you were unware of it

I'm not sure the referee was going to send him off for the stamp alone, but Ronaldo getting in his face, knowing he'd be pushed away for doing so pretty much made sure of it

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 1, 2006 21:53

England have world class players. But something always goes wrong. It's a shame Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea are made up with non English players, otherwise I think they could win the WC.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 1, 2006 21:56

phd Wrote:
> I happen to see briefly Mick on the TV . He was
> surrounded by some bodyguards.

Bet he was. Some may pour Sauerkraut over his implant? :O)

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: July 1, 2006 22:12

Heh, his son looks totally bored.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 1, 2006 23:09

See new IORR pages with pictures: [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: July 1, 2006 23:27

First I have to say the England was a brilliant adversary, who played with bravery and race, with only ten man,and that makes the Portuguese victory even more brilliant. Ron was very well red carded, and no blames on Cristiano Ronaldo on nothing , because the player who "receveid" the gentle touch from Ronney was Ricardo Carvalho, and if Cristiano Ronaldo made an eye blinking was towards the Portuguese side , not teasing the english side.
If you take a look at the games between the two nations, Portugal has been incredibly strong, both on nation teams , and clubs.Porto and Benfica won Manchester United and Liverpool this last two seasons on Champions League, and Sporting beat Middleborough and Newcastle on Uefa Cup. Some people say its the "curse " from 1966 when on the last minute the semifinal between Portugal and England was supoose to take place in Liverpool , but then 12 h before the match , it was moved to Wembley , forcing the Portuguese team to travel by train in the middle of the night from Liverpool to London ...no need to say that the FIFA president was then an englishman named Sir Stanley Rous, and they were playing home...Anyway Portugal is still moving and im sorry for Mick but very happy for my country

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: July 1, 2006 23:54

how did the ref miss Valente's hand ball in the box???? England got screwed again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-01 23:56 by Ket.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: July 2, 2006 00:00

For some stupid reason, seeing those Mick photos makes me wanna holler "Go PORTUGAL!!!!!!" I dont know why. . .

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 2, 2006 01:18

i'll bet 100 quid right now that Ronaldo wont set foot inside the English league again. if he does he's likely to get shot

we don't like that kind of behaviour, trying to get someone else booked

Rooney trod on the blokes balls and therefore had to go. having said that i'm not sure how much Rooney knew about it. but to then have to put up with Ronaldo trying to get up the referees arse was out of order

its something thats creeping into the game more and more and i hate it. Joe Cole's always bloody falling over and trying to get free kicks too. its just not on

football's going all poncey

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: July 2, 2006 01:28

The only hard and fast rule in international football seems to be that when it really matters the English invariably choke. For a team that plays so tough, it's really quite fascinating that they whimp out with such frequency. It's getting a bit repetitive, but I enjoy watching it every time.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 2, 2006 01:39

i wouldn't argue with that. we can't handle the pressure that we, the nation and the press put on em

they aren't world class, and they aren't good enough to win the cup

mind you. of those 4 teams left i'm not sure anyone else is either

maybe France when they click. other than that its all a bit ordinary

Date: July 2, 2006 01:58

Ill bet 100 euros as Rooney is ashemed by his own behaviour by kicking Ricardo Carvalho´s balls!!
And why shoulnt Ronaldo be back to the Premier League!!??
"we don't like that kind of behaviour, trying to get someone else booked "" andy js wrote;
Well I remmenber during the all week , some English press demanding that Figo should be banned !!! So you are used to that sort of behaviour!!
Hopefully Ronaldo is moving to Real Madrid .
for those who blame Cristiano Ronaldo please read this
[blogs.guardian.co.uk]

Don't blame Ronaldo
As always, England fans are fingering the wrong man.
Rob SmythJuly 1, 2006 07:35 PM
So we have our pantomime villain. He's a pretty boy, he's foreign, he's cunning and conniving. He's perfect. But as always, millions of distraught England fans have fingered the wrong man in Cristiano Ronaldo. If you take away all the bluster and barely suppressed xenophobia, there are are only two people to blame for the incident that will define England's exit: Wayne Rooney and, to a lesser extent, the referee Horatio Elizondo.

Throughout the tournament, and particularly after being substituted against Sweden, Rooney has been giving an increasingly disquieting homage to the 1991 Paul Gascoigne, who ruined his career in 15 minutes of maniacal madness in the FA Cup final. Rooney was an accident waiting to happen, he stamped on Ricardo Carvalho deliberately and recklessly and, whether he was sent off for that or the push that followed, his actions jeopardised an increasingly dominant England side.

What exactly was Ronaldo supposed to do? Rooney stamped on a team-mate of his. Was he supposed to stand and admire it? Chuckle at the bulldog spirit of his Manchester United colleague? If Ronaldo had stamped on Gary Neville in similar circumstances and Rooney had piled in, we'd have salivated over the all-for-one-one-for-all spirit of England. That's all Ronaldo did. He was then pushed by Rooney, a gesture which he didn't seek to magnify by going down, and the ref decided to send Rooney off. That's the ref's fault for overreacting quite pathetically to the push, not Ronaldo's.

It's not nice to see players talking to referees in such circumstances, but it's a fact of life and the notion that this is somehow more contemptible that deliberately stamping on a man's testicles is narrow-minded English nonsense. Besides, Ronaldo did not wave an imaginary card; we don't even know what he said to the referee.

Ronaldo's knowing wink after Rooney went off was not especially edifying, but then this was hardly a Diego Simeone-style set-up, so if he was winking to anyone it was as likely to be out of nervousness or a misplaced eagerness to please than to be the action of a criminal mastermind smugly acknowledging the brilliance of his sting. Yes he pouted provocatively after he scored the winning goal; so did Andy Moller in 1996; so would you if you won a penalty shoot-out in those circumstances.

Similarly, the stuff before the game - Ronaldo playfully, maybe not playfully raking his head down the back of Rooney's - can be dismissed as an interesting aside in the context of the alleged frostiness between the two at Old Trafford. It is nothing more, and it certainly is not responsible for Rooney's increasingly demented approach to the game. If anyone deserves to take the blame then it's Rooney and the ref, not Ronaldo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-02 02:07 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 2, 2006 02:07

The guy in the white polo shirt is his bodyguard, that's why he looked at him instead of the game sometimes.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home