Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS Gig in August at Nice: advices for accomodation
Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: June 19, 2006 00:08

I'll be at the RS gig in Nice next August.

I've just seen on the web that the Nikaia stadium is six or seven km from the railway-station.

What would you suggest about room reservation? A hotel near the stadium or in the city-center?

Any suggestions about nice and reasonable priced hotels in Nice will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Re: RS Gig in August at Nice: advices for accomodation
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 19, 2006 18:44

lots of tourist accomodation around the train station. Some nicer hotels are near the beach; i.e. Le Meridian. Might be best to make a reservation as the French tend to vacation in August. I think half of Paris will be on the riviera at that time of year!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 19, 2006 20:52

I too advise you to do so. Nice will be overcrowded along with the French Riviera as the peak of vacation is the first 2 weeks of August. On top, full of
foreign tourists. If the Stones do not fill up the stadium, it will be sad, sad, sad. But I am confident.

Date: June 19, 2006 20:55

Use this there are many great hotels in Nice for low prices as well
[www.franskehoteller.dk] (the site is in Scandinavian languages and German) hope you find out.

We have a beachparty from stonesplanet.com and RSFCO down below Nellcote the same day.

Posted by: steffi ()
Date: June 20, 2006 11:11

Hi there

To book accomodation in Nice, 2 possibilities
- you can contact the tourist office and they will tell you what is available at that date and they can probably make the reservation for you (with a small charge)
- use an online booking system. I myself always use www.bookings.org, with great offers up to 70 % off. You reserve with a credit card but dont pay until you get to the hotel. You can also cancel up to 24 or 48 hours before you get there.

Hope this helps

Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: June 20, 2006 12:44

Thank you all for the precious advices...

I thinks I'll try to make a reservation on line...

Another question: will there be a working public transport service from the city to the stadium and viceversa for the event?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 20, 2006 15:06

what about a crappy youth hostel? i'm gonna be on a student budget, ya see . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home