Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS Gig in August at Nice: advices for accomodation
Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: June 19, 2006 00:08

I'll be at the RS gig in Nice next August.

I've just seen on the web that the Nikaia stadium is six or seven km from the railway-station.

What would you suggest about room reservation? A hotel near the stadium or in the city-center?

Any suggestions about nice and reasonable priced hotels in Nice will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Re: RS Gig in August at Nice: advices for accomodation
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 19, 2006 18:44

lots of tourist accomodation around the train station. Some nicer hotels are near the beach; i.e. Le Meridian. Might be best to make a reservation as the French tend to vacation in August. I think half of Paris will be on the riviera at that time of year!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 19, 2006 20:52

I too advise you to do so. Nice will be overcrowded along with the French Riviera as the peak of vacation is the first 2 weeks of August. On top, full of
foreign tourists. If the Stones do not fill up the stadium, it will be sad, sad, sad. But I am confident.

Date: June 19, 2006 20:55

Use this there are many great hotels in Nice for low prices as well
[www.franskehoteller.dk] (the site is in Scandinavian languages and German) hope you find out.

We have a beachparty from stonesplanet.com and RSFCO down below Nellcote the same day.

Posted by: steffi ()
Date: June 20, 2006 11:11

Hi there

To book accomodation in Nice, 2 possibilities
- you can contact the tourist office and they will tell you what is available at that date and they can probably make the reservation for you (with a small charge)
- use an online booking system. I myself always use www.bookings.org, with great offers up to 70 % off. You reserve with a credit card but dont pay until you get to the hotel. You can also cancel up to 24 or 48 hours before you get there.

Hope this helps

Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: June 20, 2006 12:44

Thank you all for the precious advices...

I thinks I'll try to make a reservation on line...

Another question: will there be a working public transport service from the city to the stadium and viceversa for the event?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 20, 2006 15:06

what about a crappy youth hostel? i'm gonna be on a student budget, ya see . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home