Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Paul McCartney turns "64" Today
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: June 18, 2006 18:51

Today is Paul's Birthday (that magical 64 from his song "When I'm Sixty Four") and instead of being nasty and comparing him to Mick/Keith or the Beatles to the Stones let's remember how brilliant the Beatles were and how it was mainly Lennon/McCartney that was responsible for that. They changed the world which is something very few have managed to come anywhere close to doing.

He's been through a lot off major sadness through the years from John's murder to his Wife Linda's very tragic prolonged sickness and death. To George's early, untimely death, same with Mal Evans, Same with Derek Taylor and Brian Ebstein. Now, he has to deal with what turns out to be a second wife that doesn't seem to be the type to stick around for better or for worse - who really knows why they're splitting up but I'm sure he's pretty sad it didn't work out.

So leave some kind thoughts, favorite songs, or how the Beatles impacted your life (of course the nasty jokes will be in there to so fire away) whatever your thoughts of Paul and the Beatles......

Re: OT: Paul McCartney turns "64" Today
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 18, 2006 18:54

Irrelevant. Thread will be removed, if bv is concistent.
By the way, happy birthday, Pauly..

Date: June 18, 2006 19:07

Retile, don't be so cold...Some of us were lucky enough to be there when it was happening and lucky very young dudes like you get to have front row seats to the rise of Britany Spears so it all balances out - 2 magical moments in the history of the world and music......

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 18, 2006 20:16

He seems in good physical shape. Long life to him.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 18, 2006 20:17

Happy birthday Macca!

Played THE song earlier, as well as a load of other McCartney stuff. Have seen him live a few times, always a great experience.

Wishing him all the best.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: June 18, 2006 20:32

Ignore Reptile, they were a great band IMO and I don't want a debate, so glad Macca looked after himself relatively well when compared to certain other musicians. He was one hell of a roc and roll singer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACCA!

Date: June 18, 2006 20:34

I'm not saying the thread should be removed in my opinion.

I'm saying that according to Bjornulf's theory, the thread should be removed.

No offence!!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: June 18, 2006 20:34

Great band and a great guy with so much talent. Happy Birthday Sir Paul.

Date: June 18, 2006 20:38

Reptile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not saying the thread should be removed in my
> opinion.
>
> I'm saying that according to Bjornulf's theory,
> the thread should be removed.
>
> No offence!!

I don't care, but both of your posts are irrelevant to the topic.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: June 18, 2006 22:32

Happy birthday, Paul!

I loved his latest album. I heard he´s coming up with a new album recorded with his live band later this year - actually he hasn´t recorded with the full line so far.

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: June 18, 2006 23:09

Happy b-day Macca!

And thanks for your part in "kicking open the door" for the rest of the British Invasion -- including the stones -- during the early 1960s.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 18, 2006 23:46

Happy Birthday MacC

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 18, 2006 23:57

Happy Birthday, Paul

Grüsse + Alles Gute

aus Düsseldorf, Germany

Gerhard

Date: June 18, 2006 23:57

Singer_Not_The_Song Wrote:
> I don't care, but both of your posts are
> irrelevant to the topic.

They are about the topic, and therefore relevant to the topic. Don't use words if you don't know what they mean, wise guy.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 19, 2006 00:50

Who cares about that song - just an happy, silly, stupid song - but Bpaul wrote then it must be a masterpiece....... feels like throwing up.....

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: June 19, 2006 01:25

STones will always be #1 for me. But lets not forget (and I was oldenough to remember THe Beatles when tehy were together).

The Beatles were the biggest band the history. There is really no dispute. The shame is that they didn't last even 10 years.

I think there's a Keef quote somewhere taht goes something like "when you're that big there is neevr a good enough reason to break-up". The only comparison would have been if The Stones broke-up with the dismise of Brian.

Macca is one of the greatest talents of all time. People will be listening to The Beatles til the end of time...............

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Date: June 19, 2006 02:30

I just think there's room for both the Beatles and The Stones in the Greats of musical history. The Beatles were a bit more pop based and the Stones were a bit more blues based but they seemed to really get along in the 60's which was nice to see (as opposed to some bands now a days that want to beat the crap out of each other). Luckily Mick and Keith are still with us in 2006 and how great it would have been if Lennon was still around. We really never got to hear any live versions of "second half" Lennon Beatles songs (Besides COME TOGETHER, LUCY IN THE SKY <sort of - Elton John kinda drowning out Lennons voice>, and YER BLUES). Lennon would have given us so many more great songs, and probably most important, on FATHER'S DAY in America, Sean and Julian still could have had a Dad to turn to. Some things you just never get over....

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: June 19, 2006 02:46

happy birthday paul! we still need you, but we aren't going to feed you - you have enough money to hire a nurse for that.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 19, 2006 03:37

why is it ok for old bastard macca to keep touring, but when the stones do it
they get the old jokes

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 03:56

Happy birthday to you Macca! Denis from Belgium!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: June 19, 2006 03:57

In all fairness, I just made a "McCartney is old" joke on the previous post.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:13

I dont mean jokes from us, i mean jokes from the media

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:15

ya Paul , i no were geniuses

Paul beleive me , ya gotta smash your drums

2 c & here a studio like dis again , u ll have 2 die & go 2 heaven

des next 2 shots from 2005 in Philly , he did 2 days n a row , i was @ boat of um , 4 encore paul said here's triplet's 2 dance with us , dis happened 1st show only 4 sgt. peppers , he had 2 keep tellin those sweethearts 2 dance , super cool moment.

jam from " D End " i remember a friend of mine tellin me back in bout 1970 " dats macca doin da jam solos n " da end " im like r u nuts dats harry , lil did i no ,,, 1 of da greatest " albeit short " jams n rock history

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:29

Well, I guess the Stones and the Beatles should never be compared.
The Beatles wrote great pop songs, in the highest meaning of the word "pop".
The Stones have always been a rock band in the making when the Beatles were around.
It was media that created this antagonism between the two bands, not the songs they wrote nor the band members themselves.
It's interesting to see that when the Beatles started to "retire" from the limelight and decided to call it quits it was exactly when the Stones blossomed and started to write GREAT songs.
Only with Beggars Banquet the Stones started to deliver more personal and mature tunes.
Earlier they had occasional great songs, but nothing to be compared withwhat they did from '68 and on.
Guess the Stones spent the 60s figuring out what they wanted to do when they grew up.

Posted by: steffi ()
Date: June 19, 2006 11:13

Hello again,

I may not have as much experience of some of you on the Beatles and the Stones (im only 23) but all I can say is that I really enjoy listening and singing along to beatles songs.

But I dont see why you can compare the 2 groups so easily : I find them both brilliant, each in their own way.

Oh and I almost forgot, A Very Happy Birthday to Sir Paul McCartney !

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 19, 2006 11:50

One for Paul. I hope he gets over his divorce and all. Great dude IMO.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: andrew9148 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 14:57

Does anyone have a copy of that great pic with Paul and Keef from a few years ago? i think it was on the cover of Q? great pic!!

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 22:03

Happy 64th Birthday Paul! Keep on rockin'! smiling smiley

Date: June 20, 2006 20:08

Reptile Wrote:
> Singer_Not_The_Song Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't care, but both of your posts are
> > irrelevant to the topic.
>
> They are about the topic, and therefore relevant
> to the topic. Don't use words if you don't know
> what they mean, wise guy.

You say that everytime someone opposes you, just let people talk about the topic, arguing about whether topics are relevant should be left for another topic, wise guy.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 20, 2006 21:43

It's been two days now and I'm still whistling that song, "When I'm 64."

My co workers seem to be congregating and pointing in my general direction, and they look unhappy........ "Would you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greeting, bottle of wine?".....Time for another tune, let's see here......"I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colors anymore I want them to turn black."........That seemed to do the trick. They're smiling and waving now. Whew...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home