Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Secondary markets for the fall 2006 tour
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:35

i really dont want to see another tour that consists of new york, boston, chicago, los angeles, miami- i would really liek to see them play cities like indianapolis, cleveland, portland- i would hope the stones are leaning towards secondary cities because these cities only get a chance to see the stones once or every 10 years or so , as opposed to multiple times on every tour- its time to let other cities see the greatest rock n roll band ever one more time!

Re: Secondary markets for the fall 2006 tour
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:36

They will and sell em out.

Date: June 12, 2006 03:17

I'm thinking New York,Chicago,Los Angeles,Boston,and then the rest of the cities will be secondary markets.Cleveland usually does get a show.I find it interesting that places like Miami and Boston didn't get shows on the 1981 tour.

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: June 12, 2006 03:21

Cleveland is a must! Great city. Home of R and R hall of fame!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 12, 2006 03:25

I am interested in knowing if the Stones play New Orleans, as was once rumoured, who on this board would seriously commit to travel and how far would you come to make the show?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:13

Hah, it's only about 3 hours for me. I'm in, but I doubt they play the Dome. What a great venue it once was....78, 81, and 89 were record crowds.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:15

I'd definitely consider heading to Cleveland, see the Stones, revisit the R&R Hall of Fame...great city for a rockin' weekend.

Date: June 12, 2006 04:24

the last show cleveland got on the licks tour at gund arena- just listen to the boot they were totally on fire and the crowd was into it- probably the best sounding boot from the entire licks tour was in cleveland

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:29

brewcrew - good call - it was a great night in cleveland on licks and the boot captures it very, very nicely....

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:30

I'm from chi-ca-go, but I go to school south of Indianapolis, so I sure as hell hope they either play Indianapolis or Nashville.

Let's pray for the best!

Date: June 12, 2006 05:20

Shawn20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hah, it's only about 3 hours for me. I'm in, but
> I doubt they play the Dome. What a great venue it
> once was....78, 81, and 89 were record crowds.

It's my bet they would play the N.O. Arena, next door to the dome. It's been up and running since the hurricane with pro basketball, an upcoming sold-out country concert, and (gasp) Billy Graham there on the date the Stones were rumoured to play.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: June 12, 2006 06:10

Cleveland is not a secondary market. It usually gets a show from major artists.
Secondary markets are more like Dayton and Toledo. Ohio is one of the most densily populated states in the Union. We have quite a few major cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati) with many other large cities that are nationally known ( Akron, Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown, Canton). My home county is supposedly the most densily populated county in Ohio and one of the top in the country for its size.

I don't get why Ohio only gets one show by major artists, or sometimes not even any. We should get like 3 shows. NY has Albany and Buffalo and the Big Apple and they all get shows. WTF. Play like 5 shows in Ohio and you won't have to do much travelling and they'll still make $$$.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: June 12, 2006 06:13

you guys are all misinformed or something...

all indications are the stones will be playing stadiums... in major markets... places like philly..

they are not going to do secondary markets..they will probably even skip washington dc...

Date: June 12, 2006 06:45

stadiums in october and november in philly? sometimes it can be very cold in the 30`s or even 20`s and snow in october and november in the northeast doubt they would play stadiums that last in the year

Date: June 12, 2006 06:53

Alright.If they skip D.C.,what other city will get a show instead?Philadelphia was a good call - I forgot about those rumors but,that still only accounts for about five shows in major markets out of what supposedly will be at least 18 shows.I think the secondary markets (secondary for the Stones might be a better way to describe them) have a good shot at the remaining concerts.Most of these places have stadiums and arenas and other venues although,I think the upcoming tour will be like most tours and feature shows in different types of venues(not all in the same town like the Licks tour).These major markets can handle only so many shows at these prices by the same band.I was at the most recent Stones show in Boston and there were two lower level sections almost completely empty until right before the Stones came on.It would have to be a huge coincidence for all of the late arriving people to have had tickets to the same two sections.They must have been giving away or almost giving away the tickets at the box office.

Date: June 12, 2006 06:58

brewcrew87 Wrote:
> stadiums in october and november in philly?
> sometimes it can be very cold in the 30`s or even
> 20`s and snow in october and november in the
> northeast doubt they would play stadiums that last
> in the year

October stadium shows in the northeast - maybe (see 1997);November stadium shows in the northeast - not likely at all.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 12, 2006 07:13

they should play 3 or 4 in Chicago. They owe us from ZERO shows in '89!

Date: June 12, 2006 07:25

They seem to have been making up for it ever since.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 12, 2006 07:27

lol

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 12, 2006 09:00

Agreed, come on back to Portland, boys! Just because it's a "secondary city" doesn't mean we're secondary fans . . .

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 12, 2006 09:46

Do they have some issue with the promoter in New Orleans? I can't imagine why they haven't played there in 12 years, considering what huge crowds they've played for there in the past.

Date: June 12, 2006 14:33

Glam Descendant Wrote:
> Do they have some issue with the promoter in New
> Orleans? I can't imagine why they haven't played
> there in 12 years, considering what huge crowds
> they've played for there in the past.

They were rumoured on this site (which is very reliable) to play New Orleans on 11 March, 2006. If that was true then Katrina changed those plans. As it turns out the Arena was up and running by then. I also heard that they were considering N.O. on the last couple of tours and opted instead for more favorable dates elsewhere.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: June 12, 2006 16:12

"Cleveland is a must! Great city. Home of R and R hall of fame!!"

Uh, agreed on the HOF, however if clouds (very little sun), cold temps, horrific snow squalls and road salt 7 months out of the year fits your description of a great city then i certainly need an attitude adjustment.

"brewcrew - good call - it was a great night in cleveland on licks and the boot captures it very, very nicely...."

Would love to hear this boot as I was front and center on the b-stage and Mid-night Rambler brought the house down. I snapped a pic of Mick and after the set he grabbed a camera from behind their equipment and photo-flashed moi!

I'd agree with JumingJackGreg that Cleveland does usually land top-shelf artists with great regularity-definitely a hip music town. However, my vote would be for Cincy or what about Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky? I should mention that the Breeder's Cup Races will be held at Churchill Downs on Noember 4th, I know a few of the Boys enjoy wagering on the ponies.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 12, 2006 22:17

Indianapolis and New Orleans were poor selling shows on the Voodoo Lounge show which is probably why they haven't been back. I remember hearing that the last Cleveland show had many empty seats in the back. Any new arenas opening up this year in any city?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 12, 2006 22:25

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 02:47 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 12, 2006 22:30

The thing is that the Indianapolis and New Orleans shows were poor selling for the large stadiums the shows were in : 65,000-70,000 or more seat venues.1/3 of the tickets might not have sold but,that's still 40,000+ sales.I would figure that they could still easily sell out the new 19,000 seat arenas if they wanted to.The long period without a show should help get them a full house.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 12, 2006 22:37

I imagine when all is set and done Las Vegas will get another show, at least I hope it will!

Posted by: jagbo ()
Date: June 12, 2006 23:11

I've heard they were going to play in college towns in the Fall. Because I'm in Housotn, my hopes are for Baton Rouge (so, no New Orleans), Austin, and Norman, Oklahoma.

Play the colleges in the Fall, before the kids spend all of their guaranteed student loans, and cash in on a lot of parents going to see Johnny up at the schooland taking in a Stones concert while they are there.

Date: June 13, 2006 01:59

crossfire Wrote:

>
> "brewcrew - good call - it was a great night in
> cleveland on licks and the boot captures it very,
> very nicely...."
>
> Would love to hear this boot as I was front and
> center on the b-stage and Mid-night Rambler
> brought the house down. I snapped a pic of Mick
> and after the set he grabbed a camera from behind
> their equipment and photo-flashed moi!

i could put it on rocks off if someone would tell em how because i am clueless

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home