Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Marianne Faithfull - Hollywood '05 (dvd)
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: May 31, 2006 18:55

I just watched this at the weekend, courtesy of onlystones, and was blown away. Anyone else seen it? This was her best setlist since I've been going to MF gigs back in '78. Her voice was maybe a bit rougher & raspier than usual (!) but the delivery was spot on. Great sympathetic band including Lew Soloff on trumpet who I believe played with Blood, Sweat & Tears.

She played both 'Stones' numbers in her repertoire: 'As Tears Go By' & an excellent 'Sister Morphine' which she introduced by saying "I wrote the words & Mick wrote the tune." Just my luck to miss this tour due to her collapsing last December then being away on holiday when it was rescheduled! I thoroughly recommend this show to anyone with a passing interest in her latterday career. Great informative 50 minute interview included too.

Re: Marianne Faithfull - Hollywood '05 (dvd)
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 31, 2006 21:40

Is this a bootleg or legit release?

Date: May 31, 2006 22:33

I think it must be legit. as it's beautifully pro-shot & put together. Having said that I haven't come across it for sale anywhere...

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 1, 2006 09:47

It is legit, just found it on Amazon -- had no idea this existed, so thank you kindly Tseverin!

Date: June 1, 2006 12:28

Enjoy Glam!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home