Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

change of dates????
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:08

Do you think they would change the dates that are confirmed and not postponed to accomodate the other 15 dates that are postponed. That would not make any sense. Perhaps, they should try to place those dates when they have a break during their European tour. What do you think?

Re: change of dates????
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:10

well, unfortunately it makes sense for them if the scheduled shows don't sell

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:12

which one do not sell at the present time?

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 30, 2006 18:07

Nürnberg, Leipzig, Hannover, Berlin...

Posted by: Gricha ()
Date: May 30, 2006 18:22

Brussels did not sell well.
I heard about 8.000 tix still unsold.

Grichka >> [collateral-interference.blogspot.com]

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: May 30, 2006 18:53

Gricha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brussels did not sell well.
> I heard about 8.000 tix still unsold.
>
> Grichka >>

brussels is sold out

Brussels, ? , Stade Roi Baudouin

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 30, 2006 19:03

Gricha Wrote:
> Brussels did not sell well.
> I heard about 8.000 tix still unsold.
>
> Grichka >>

even if that figure were true, thats still a reasonable figure of over 80% of tickets sold. Especially as it was quite obvious for the last few weeks the show was going to be postponed - so no late run on tickets

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: May 30, 2006 19:09

The second date in Paris did not sell well

Date: May 30, 2006 19:13

might sell better if they reschedule both shows for the same weekend and a few more people with tickets for show #1 will be tempted to make a 2-show weekend of it!

the appeal is certainly attractive to me - and I wasnt going to either of the original two gigs.

Was amazed they added a second show anyway - plus on World Cup Quarter Finals weekend too!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 30, 2006 19:20

Gazza Wrote:

> even if that figure were true, thats still a
> reasonable figure of over 80% of tickets sold.
> Especially as it was quite obvious for the last
> few weeks the show was going to be postponed - so
> no late run on tickets

Until last week, just before the official announcement, the Belgian television told people the concert in Brussels was still on. I e-mailed them that the concert was off but they replied to me that they didn't have that information. Most people didn't know what was going on.

Date: May 30, 2006 19:23

yeah but thats probably because the only dates to be OFFICIALLY postponed for some time were the two Spanish ones because the official site said the tour would start in "june"

Anyone following the news stories, websites and employing a bit of common sense would have at least had considerable doubt about it taking place on June 1st. Especially with Keith still being in New Zealand up until a few days beforehand!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 30, 2006 19:34

I was surprised and slightly angry that the belgian television mislead people this way. But who is to blame? The Stones, the promotors?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 30, 2006 20:36

999 Wrote:
> The second date in Paris did not sell well

I would like to know where you did get that information ? Just before the postponement, they were 3,800 tickets left at Ticketnet. If we take the assumption that the same load remains at the other selling points, that means roughly 8,000 tickets left, thus 90 % sold out. Not bad if we take into account that were still available general admission tickets at the lowest price.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: May 30, 2006 20:37

the postponed concerts are now marked with "tba" on RS.com. Big effort.. .LOL

Date: May 30, 2006 20:44

Harm Wrote:
> I was surprised and slightly angry that the
> belgian television mislead people this way. But
> who is to blame? The Stones, the promotors?

well the Stones' management werent exactly guilty of keeping fans bang up to date with tour news, lets face it.

You had to rely on local press or gossip/leaks from well-connected fans on message boards to get the info first

Re: change of dates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 30, 2006 21:47

>> well the Stones' management werent exactly guilty of keeping fans bang up to date with tour news, lets face it. <<

yes, and meanwhile the individual promoters seem to have been jumping the gun in various ways -
the French promoter announcing out-and-out cancellations, the Belgian promoter blithely continuing to sell tickets,
assorted different promoters announcing then retracting various new dates, etc.
i doubt all the disinformation is intentional - it's just that each of the individual promoters has their own situations,
their own complications, contracts, priorities, limitations and temperaments, and different levels of tolerance for the lack of quick clarification.

and we just wait so patiently, lying on the floor ...

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 30, 2006 22:18

Gazza Wrote:

> well the Stones' management werent exactly guilty
> of keeping fans bang up to date with tour news,
> lets face it.

The more I think about this, the more I believe - given the fact that Keith's injury obviously was much more serious than initially reported - that the Stones' management had only two choices - cancel the tour altogether or give it a chance by waiting how Keith's health is developing. The latter was (and probably still is) a bit like dancing on the edge, but who knows how Charlie's rumoured "December 31, 2006" deadline for big tours has influenced this decision? Everyone believes that a cancellation of the entire 2006 European leg would quite automatically have resulted in a summer 2007 re-scheduling. But what if this option never existed? What if someone like Charlie said "we do it this year or never"?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home