Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Let´s see realistic : They should cancel the tour
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 24, 2006 15:22

How about the 1981/2 stage with Mick dressed as a football guy? Can we have that? GOING TO A GO-GO?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 24, 2006 16:36

Frao what we know I agree that they should cancel the tour and do a proper Tour of Europe when Keith will be alright. They certainly are insured because with all of the Stones being over 60 everything can happen anytime - let's face it!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:05

Just curious.... I posted the thread on the morning, we are in the evening.... some of you claimed by official news..... now we have them.... some change of opinion?? MnLtMi?? Ablett?? Some other..??

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:26

No change. Now there is no speculation as to those dates. Now folks can change plans. Now some money can be reclaimed.Now you know at least a big part of the story FOR SURE. Not rumor. And I am sure they are working hard to save what they can.It takes time.I think they need to play now to save the history from ending badly.I wonder did Keith fly too soon only to get home and have the Doctor say not so fast.

Date: May 24, 2006 17:29

Ok, then..... let´s bet something about we will got more info and some other "delay"?? Do you accept?? I´m talking about the first show will be NOT Nurenberg (mean... no show on the Nuremberg date!!) Do you accept?

Date: May 24, 2006 17:47

What I accept is a show in early July as it stands now. If they don't know where how would I? Refine the wager.

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: May 24, 2006 17:54

They will play as soon they receive an ok from the doctors. Case closed, I have 10 tickets, (Brussels - Paris already postponed). I will be as thrilled as ever when they open in Brussels somewhere in July !!

Date: May 24, 2006 18:20

KeithDaMan.. what I say is..... We don´t talk about MATHS, he can feel ok in 4 days or in 4 months..... But they give us "hope" for shorts spaces of time!! When they probably aren´t 100% sure about when he can or can-t... and down my point of view.... Than everythign is cancelled till 5 July, don´t mean than 8 July they will be on tour.... this mean than for sure he can´t before of this date... nothing more... maybe in 1 week, they will tell us than he need other week or other month or.....

MlLtMi..... this is just what I´m talking about.. I say than we will have more info postponing more shows... let´s talk about the tour don´t start even on half of July... later.... later... if the tour happen...

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: May 24, 2006 18:30

They can't cancel. That's not fair to their home continent. I saw 2 shows on the Bigger Bang tour and they were both excellent. It wouldn't be fair to everyone overseas who hasn't gotten a chance to see their favorite band.

Date: May 24, 2006 18:51

kas
Maybe that happens. We are talking about the overall health of a human being. If they reschedule shows then don't make them the Stones will have created a P.R.problem that will be very hard to fix. I think they know that.So I take them at thier word. It could be they had evry intention to start in June then found too many problems to overcome. It could be Keith wants to play but doctors won't let him.It colud be alot of things. I just believe they want to and will play. If i'm wrong I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Re: Europe
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 24, 2006 19:02

being prepared for disappointment while hoping for the best seems to have served me well so far in this harrowing episode,
so i think i'll stick to that.
true enough that we might not have seen the end of the Rolling Stones' devastation of Europe - LoFL, what a freakin mess!
and there's nothing i can do about it, so ... so what?
so i've spent all this time effort and money i can't afford anyway on an anticipated transient experience that has now gone kablooey -
when the smoke clears a little, parts of that may turn out to be salvageable, or not, and either way ... i freakin love the Rolling Stones.
i can't help it! i just freakin love 'em. :E
and i'll take this current scenario *any* day rather than the *really* bad-news scenes that seemed horribly possible for a while there.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-24 19:14 by with sssoul.

Date: May 24, 2006 19:10

We start to understand us MnLtMi I´m absolotuly sure they want play... more than ever probably!!! If they was tired of the long tour or something... I think they are now rabious... and they will do a great tour (If this happen)... I don´t have doubts about it......

The facts (really, my worries) are others... but no what I tihnk they don´t wish... of course they do.......

With Ssoul... this is the only one @#$%& truth in all this history... Our love for them will not change...

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 25, 2006 01:47

jumpinjackgreg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They can't cancel. That's not fair to their home
> continent. I saw 2 shows on the Bigger Bang tour
> and they were both excellent. It wouldn't be fair
> to everyone overseas who hasn't gotten a chance to
> see their favorite band.

OK, we'll make sure to tell Keith's doctors that "they can't cancel."

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:11

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jumpinjackgreg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They can't cancel. That's not fair to their
> home
> > continent. I saw 2 shows on the Bigger Bang
> tour
> > and they were both excellent. It wouldn't be
> fair
> > to everyone overseas who hasn't gotten a chance
> to
> > see their favorite band.
>
>
> OK, we'll make sure to tell Keith's doctors that
> "they can't cancel."

When did Keith start following doctor's orders?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:12

When did doctor's start following IORR-writer's orders?

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:29

Please remember an early report that Charlie Watts had a promise from Keith that
this would be the last big world tour and he would be free from Dec. 2006 away from the 'Stones' circus.
Therefore if as many have suggested that the 'Stones' should abandon the European tour and relign it for 2007 in fullscale alignment then just consider that perhaps it would be impossible to pull all the essential elements together.
The main theme at present is 'Keiths' health and once his doctors have completely given the green light to re-start playing in live concert without any ill -effects to the 'riff master' then the show will begin again.
Being a 'Rolling Stones' fan one has always had their share of dangerous activity about concerts being cancelled due to un-forseen happenings at short notice.
At this present moment i also feel sorry for fans whose plans have been dis-rupted and will find themselves financially burdoned and perhaps unable to meet the dates for concerts that are postponed and will be redated.
Hopefully 'Keiths' serious head injury will be repaired in time for the 'European Tour' to start around about 10th July 2006.
If his overall health does not improve significally to allow this to happen
then it is likely that this could infact turn out to be the unfinshed Last
Time Tour.
May the Good Lord Shine a Light on ' Keith' and ensure that his health issue is resolved and that the 'European Tour ' will start 10/7/06 as the last thing that any 'Stones' fans would wish is that 'A Bigger Bang' tour will go out on a whimper rather than a stomping Rock & Roll show by the 'Stones'

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:54

Here's how its gonna go down. The tour is insured, huge costs have already been incurred, and millions are at stake. The doctors will make a determination as to if and when Keith is medically cleared to continue. Guaranteed there will be insurance company doctors involved in making the determination. Once the insurers feel comfortable that they are on firm ground regarding Keith's physical condition, they will then take the position that the tour should continue, so as to minimize losses, and that postponed dates be made up if feasible, and will further take the position that they are not responsible for further losses that could have been mitigated. The insured has a duty to mitigate damages. This is insurance law 101. In this instance, I am guessing that the insured is Cohl, and I am also guessing that there is an indemnification provision in the Stones & Cohl's contract. The bottom line is that if Keith is cleared to tour, and they don't, someone other than the insurer is out a lot of money.

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 25, 2006 05:58

I think they will start their tour on July 8 and they will do their tour including the 15 postponed shows. No doubt about that! But it will go in September and maybe October.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2006 10:23

Insurance is to cover cost not to cover income. They will be able to cover the cost of crew and stage and all of that but they will not get any lost income from t-shirts and record sales and all of that. Cancelled shows means loss for everybody - the fans, the local communities they play, the Stones, even the crew I am sure. Not a nice situation anyone want to be in.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home