Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Announcement of new tour dates MAY 22.! (Shidoobee)
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:34

This info is on SHIDOOBEE.

Re: Announcement of new tour dates MAY 22.! (Shidoobee)
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:39

Bv told us about it as well

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:40

Sorry, I have not seen.

Date: May 18, 2006 12:42

Well, I thought I read it earlier on the news-section which I think was changed?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:43

First I heard came it it from the Horsens promotor via Kent.
Time to go out in the sun, boys and girls!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:44

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-18 12:44 by erikjjf.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:44

Wow, 5 days before Barcelona, nice of them to put the fans first....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:45

But please keep in mind that the Horsens promotors said that it was Monday May 22nd AT THE EARLIEST!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 18, 2006 12:47

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, 5 days before Barcelona, nice of them to put the fans first....

5 days before the ORIGINAL Barcelona date. But it has already been confirmed the Barcelona and Madrid will not happen on the original dates.

Date: May 18, 2006 13:01

I understand that erikjjf, WE know that but check out RS.COM, it's still up there like all is still on as planned. I bet people are still buying tickets every hour for the original Barcelona date.....

Date: May 18, 2006 13:05

I just checked again, they're STILL selling tickets to Barcelona on 5/27 and Madrid...and on and on, no changes...they can't put up a little postponed sign? What Bull Sh*t man, totally UNPROFESSIONAL !!!

Date: May 18, 2006 13:07

Their News section stated the Barcelona and Madrid were not to take place on the original dates. I agree that the Tickets section should be updated.

Date: May 18, 2006 13:13

In a newspaper someone was offering a ticket for Brussel at half the price. I called and told him to wait so he would get a refund later.
He didn't know that the show might be postponed. Only a few people know probably.
Yesterday someone called me saying some people who bought a VIP-package for Brussels were informed the show was off for june 1st.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 18, 2006 13:19

MicksBrain Wrote:
> I just checked again, they're STILL selling
> tickets to Barcelona on 5/27 and Madrid...and on
> and on, no changes...they can't put up a little
> postponed sign? What Bull Sh*t man, totally
> UNPROFESSIONAL !!!

No. It's blocked for every sections whether in Barcelona or Madrid. The gigs were sold-out on Caixa sometimes ago. There is more than one sign indicating that both shows are postponed.

Date: May 18, 2006 13:22

But somewhat unprofessional to leave to the public
a few indications, right?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 18, 2006 13:27

22 may to tell 12 days -12 !- before the SDF show to 80.000 fans : sorry, come back later !

It'a shame.

Date: May 18, 2006 13:35

phd Wrote:

No. It's blocked for every sections whether in
> Barcelona or Madrid. The gigs were sold-out on
> Caixa sometimes ago. There is more than one sign
> indicating that both shows are postponed.

I'm not trying to argue but I just went through the whole process and in the end a pop up comes up telling you in Spanish (only) that it's postponed (along with Madrid). I know a bit of Spanish and I know what's going on so I got it but first, an international act like the Stones should AT LEAST also be in English but the whole postponement thing is really VERY low key.I'm not blaming the Stones, I put up a thread with some new info from KENO on the Euro tour and why it's going down like this but I am blaming RS.COM for being so secretive and behind the ball on this whole thing.....

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 14:10

can you believe that? I wonder about the thruth regarding this info.... so soon after undertaking an operation.....??? Seem unreal to me!

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 18, 2006 14:17

I do not understand blameing RollingStone.com for everything. They are being run by the Band and the machine.Nothing and I mean Nothing is going on that the Stones in particular MJ don't want to happen.

Date: May 18, 2006 14:19

The web site is pretty hard to navigate upon;
and its not too frequently updated.
But we cant blame for not knowing.
We better split the critizing up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-18 14:20 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 18, 2006 15:31

[www.bt.no]

Nothing new really, just refering to what stonesihorsens.dk said, and that the Norwegian promotor still says that they haven't heard anything from the Stones' management, but are preparing for the concert as before.

They are also refering to fan sites, speculating in that the decision for when Keith is ready is made by US insurance companies...

- mjOL

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2006 16:12

The Horsesn promoter is incorrect. Keith is still in Auckland. So that news entry is not valid anymore. The longer Keith is in New Zealand the more delayed the tour will be. And they might reach a point in time which is painful logistics wise. So far the first few shows are off. Keith isn't well right now that is all we know, otherwise he would be sitting on a plane out of NZ long time ago. And they can not announce anything until Keith says he is well. Sure he is improving, but that is a totally different thing.

Bjornulf

Date: May 18, 2006 16:30

Just to add to the speculation. Why leave somewhere just becaues you can? It takes 24 or so hrs to get from NZ to London depending on how you go.Even if Keith has the medical OK that does not mean he should or will.The last offical news I saw was a "sometime in June" comencement of the tour schedule.That's between 2 and 6 weeks from now. Does it not make as much sense as anything else to stay put, rest, let the doc's who know the situation look at you, then move. He may be getting as much rest right now as he has had in some time. You can cancle a show in short notice. Amsterdam 2 A few years ago. Its the reschedule that takes time.Rehearsals, have been on going for 40 years.All is not lost yet.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 18, 2006 16:45

BV : " Sure he is improving". That means HE is on the positive side and trend. After almost 3 weeks. Wonderful. " And they might reach a point in time which is painful logistics wise". I am ready for a Summer 2007 postponement. But that is my usual optimistics interpretation in those kind of situation.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2006 16:47

Did you ever try to fly from New Zealand to Europe or to USA? It is the longest distance you can travelk i the world, if you ignore all those small and special places. It takes 12 plus 12 hours typically, normally you do a stopover of a day or two to rest your body, and when you arrive, you have a jetlag or around 10-12 time zone hours, meaning you are totally lost and wasted for some days, typically a week. If you are used to travel then you can work, but your body is not up and running at 100% until one week later. They say the human body can adjust one hour time zone per day, then you can cheat. But your body is still not ready. This is for normal healthy people. Keith is not well. People should understand this, wish him well, and give him time. Whatever it takes.

Bjornulf

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 18, 2006 16:47

Amsterdam, aahh, I have fond memories of that day.

We must have been the only people in town who didn't know what was going on.
It was so quiet on the Metro going to the Stadium.....still I didn't rumble it.
No drummers on the walkway to the Stadium, still didn't twig.
Good Luck Oily, that's my name - in the last 2 tours I have attempted to see my heroes 4 times outside the UK. 3 have been cancelled!!! MR 25%.

Oily.

Date: May 18, 2006 16:52

Eric, I flew as a pilot for an International Airline for 20 years. Yes I know ALL about that.You do what you have to do. As for Amsterdam 2 I found out just before we got on the same train. thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-18 16:54 by MnLtMi.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 18, 2006 16:52

Every more day Keith is in New Zealand is a bad sign for the tour, I think.
I had been quite optimistic after he got the ok to fly, but now...
As usual, the only thing we can do is wait and hope for Keith to get well soon.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 18, 2006 17:01

bv Wrote:

> Keith is not well. People should understand this, wish him
> well, and give him time. Whatever it takes.

Listen to what the man says. This is THE bottom line. The inconvenience to us impatient lot out here is ultimately irrelevant by comparison.

Date: May 18, 2006 17:07

That is right, why entertain the threads or join the discussion then? Why not shut Keith threads down altogeather till someone really knows something? I want the man well also. And I am going on our trip regardless.I just don't think anyone really knows much of anything for sure. Which leaves all outcomes as a guess.Total speculation from all of us.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home