Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Video Satisfaction River Plate on Rs.com: SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 13, 2006 16:08

Just saw the video of Satisfaction at River Plate Buenos Aires. My god, what an energy, what a crazy crowd. I expected such crowd also in Barcelona. But now this is off, and maybe i can't make the rescheduled date, i will miss it. The crowd in Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, etc.) is always more energetic then in Northern Europe (Germany, Netherlands). I don't want to say that in Northern Europe the people just watch and stand still, but it's different.

Re: Video Satisfaction River Plate on Rs.com: SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 13, 2006 17:55

I know what you mean about the crowds in Northern Europe. In 1998, I had just moved to Sweden for college and attended the show in Oslo (August 2, I think). After camping outside for twelve hours and making my way to the front row, I lit up a joint (which I thought was well deserved at that point) and I got looks from the people around me like I had just murdered someone. I remember wondering if I really was at a Stones concert, or whether I had accidentally stumbled upon a Jackson 5 reunion tour. Pretty much the same scene in Helsinki a few days later and in Stockholm in Sept. Compared to other shows I have seen elsewhere since then, the crowds were definitely more composed.

Date: May 13, 2006 21:33

You wouldn't have that reaction in Denmark, Raoul Duke. I'm quite sure smiling smiley

Anyway, Satisfaction in Argentina is just one of many examples of how this old warhorse really rocks on this tour. Quite extraordinary.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 13, 2006 22:24

I know. During my (now long ended) wild streak, Copenhagen was definitely among my favorite destinations, second only to Amsterdam. I visited often.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: May 13, 2006 23:58

Yeah, I love the crowd. Great video if Keith would only hit those three notes right. Okay, it´s not that bad, but somehow I find it strange how he messes it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home