Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18
Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 11, 2006 11:00

No, Harm; all of us cant just wait.
Lorenz for example lost a terrible amount of money,
and I have an old man who's a chairman of a hot shot ice hockey
team and has a big time meeting (and his the babysitter).

Thanhks, gazza for a serious aiming and devoted answer.
I also believe in mid-June from what I read, hear and can conclude.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 11, 2006 11:03

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, Harm; all of us cant just wait.

Until rescheduled dates are announced, what else can we do?

Date: May 11, 2006 11:07

What can a poor boy do, Erik?
Take chances. I'm notorious on that.
I have that old man like a vulture over me.
I will stay home for that weekend June 9-11.
Pity for me afterwards if I mistook.

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 11, 2006 11:40

Keith Richards Discharged From Hospital

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones was discharged from a hospital in New Zealand on Thursday following surgery to relieve pressure in his head following a fall, his publicist said.

Fran Curtis said in a brief statement that Richards would remain an outpatient at The Ascot Hospital in Auckland and would return for checkups.

Richards suffered the injury on April 27 in Fiji. News reports have variously claimed that he fell out of a palm tree or from a jet ski. It was unclear how long Richards would remain an outpatient and Curtis could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Stones' "A Bigger Bang European" tour, which was scheduled to start in Barcelona, Spain, later this month, will be postponed until June, London-based publicists LD Communications said in a statement earlier this week.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

[hosted.ap.org]

- mjOL

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 11, 2006 11:58

Gazza Wrote:
> That would leave Bergen, Horsens, Gothenburg, St
> Petersburg, Warsaw and Brno (6 shows) to be
> slotted into any of the following 5 'windows'
>
> July 7 or 8 (ie, between Zagreb and Nuremburg)
>
> room for 2 shows between Cologne (23/7) and
> Amsterdam (30/7)
>
> August 10 (between Nice and Porto)
>
> August 18 (between Almeria and London)

OK, so rescheduled, NOT cancelled right? Still crossing fingers for Horsens as the tour opener. I hope they don't add the Horsens show on August 18th. It would be way too close to Madonna and they (The Horsens promoters) said that if it was absolutely impossible to get The Stones on any other date than one close to the Madonna concert (Aug. 24), they would be forced to turn the Stones down.....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2006 12:04

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> OK, so rescheduled, NOT cancelled right?

of course. I think the signs are that they'll reschedule every show, going by today's good news that Keith is discharged Hopefully you'll get your show on the original date. Still too early to say, I think

Date: May 11, 2006 12:06

Yeah. I agree. It's too early to say yet, but I'm SO hoping for it. I'm not a religious man, but yesterday I found myself praying for it....

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 11, 2006 14:32

I wondered why I'd notice an inner calm and serenity about your posts of late.... ;-)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 11, 2006 14:42

Is age coming together with the bear !!! No. I have this explanation : anxiety refrains sometimes . Or something like an earthquake, someone you believe is a rock, untouchable because He went thru such an hectic life but in fact appears because he is a Human Being. But I guess that is a feeling many on this board felt and feel.

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 11, 2006 14:57

All we can do now is wait for the email from RS.com with the new dates. Then the scramble will be on. Depending on the amount of shows Rescheduled(hopefully) everone will at least have the chance to change thier plans. At some cost probably but as someone once said that's the price of an education.At least we may get the chance. Stay loose, wait and see.

Date: May 11, 2006 15:12

Gazza, I always like - well, let's just say love - your posts. Till your latest speculations making my six concerts turn into two or three.....
Whatever happens, I just think I'll be joining Kent's religious bandwagon. Say a little prayer. Listening to the gospel radio station. If we have one in Copenhagen. But I promise not to run twenty red lights if my prayers are heard.

Date: May 11, 2006 15:17

lol...Sorry..I'm just shootin' from the lip, mate as far as the June tour schedule goes. I'm as clueless as the next person if thats of any comfort.

The only thing is that if the Barca/Madrid shows are to take place in June as ServiCaixa are suggesting, then SOME shows are going to have to move to allow for that.

Date: May 11, 2006 15:34

No harm done, Gazza smiling smiley We all speculate. And the mathematical part of my brain was never in great shape.
ServiCaixa and their June-message reminds me however of "manana" ( : sorry if I offend anyone from Spain ). I don't think it's realistic re-scheduling so many shows as you suggest. Too many people involved everywhere. But who am I to say what is "realistic". I've just checked - once again - with the football world cup dates. Could have an influence as well. But I can't figure out which one. Except it's highly unlikely they will play on July 9th anywhere.

Date: May 11, 2006 15:48

true about July 9th - however as they already have a show the following day in Nuremburg there was never going to be a show on the day of the WC final.

just hope not too many shows have to rescheduel for everyone's sakes - however the main thing is that our main man seems to be on the way back

Posted by: sater ()
Date: May 11, 2006 17:21

So maybe Vienna will be first show?????

Date: May 11, 2006 17:26

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
> Listening to the gospel radio station. If we have
> one in Copenhagen.

You don't unfortunately. But you have Radio Krishna if that get's yer ya-ya's out.

:-D

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 11, 2006 19:18

No Hare Krishna for me, Kent.
Didn't help poor Harrison.
Tomorrow is Great Prayer Day in Denmark.
Very relevant this year !!

Date: May 11, 2006 19:37

I don't know if all the recent "favorable/reassuring"news have something to do with it, but tickets available on ticketnet. fr for Paris II are under 3,000 from 4,000 a week from now . At that pace, should be sold out next week !!!!!

Date: May 12, 2006 01:33

For what its worth, The St Petersburg Times (thats the original one in Russia, not the one in Florida!) has quoted the promoter of the show there as saying the Stones camp have told him that the tour will start on June 1st and that the only two postponed shows will be Barcelona and Madrid

However, in the same article it mentions Keith having to rest for 'several weeks' which would make a start date of 3 weeks away extremely optimistic - especially as FNAC in Paris have already said the show there on June 3rd is being postponed.

anyway, here's the article, which was filed within the last few minutes :

[www.sptimes.ru]

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 12, 2006 02:04

hmm Gazza, thanx for giving information, polish tour promoter also says that Warsaw show will happen as scheduled. I still think that despite Swedish and Russian promoters claimed the tour will start June, they took official words too literally ("tour postponed to June"), but we will see..
it's 12th may, 15 days before scheduled but postponed opening night in Barcelona and no official info announced, worries me a bit.

Date: May 12, 2006 10:07

Thanks Gazza. I phoned also to Fnac in Paris yesterday and they confirmed the posponement to end of June, probably 30 st. For what is worth...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 12, 2006 10:16

I was told that the gig in Brussels is being postponed as well

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 10:21

Sounds great... Belgium would be the opener of the European tour. That would be a first for us... Unless of course more changes occur in the near future... The tour is almost on its way.... let's hope Keith will be ok by then.

Posted by: rollingvince ()
Date: May 12, 2006 10:23

belgian radio 'Studio Brussel' broadcasted yesterday a message that the brussels gig isn't postponed, but how do they know? actually, we'll have to wait and see...

U2 also started in Brussels. probably also because the K.B.Stadium isn't that expensive to rent in order to do a few days of rehearsels.

if Belgium is the tour opener, i'd be VERY happy!

rolling vince

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-12 10:29 by rollingvince.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 12, 2006 10:25

rollingvince Wrote:
> belgian radio 'Studio Brussel' broadcasted
> yesterday a message that the brussels gig isn't
> postponed

..........yet

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 10:36

Let's keep our fingers crossed. The sooner the tour begins, the better it will be for everyone: The fans, the organisers, the rental places, the tickets purchased by the fans that would have to be changed or reimbursed.... Life goes on and the show must go on.

Date: May 12, 2006 16:04

[www.aftonbladet.se]
On Keith, fairly nice pic, doesnt look too bad.
From Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet.
Credibility in the area of The Sun.

According to the minor article under, they say there will
be a gig on Ullevi. I'm just quoting:

"Arrangören: Vi kör på Ullevi
Drömkonserten med Rolling Stones för 52 000 fans på Ullevi i Göteborg blir av. Det är senaste beskedet från konsertarrangören EMA Telstar.
- Vad vi vet så kör vi som planerat, säger Tina Widengren, på EMA Telstar."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-12 16:06 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:08

Do you really think the tour will begin on June 1? I think they will start rehearsing at the beginning of June and start the tour about mid-June. Either in Gothenburg or in St. Petersburg - I bet for St. Petersburg. But of course: The sooner the better. I would love to see the Stones in Brussels.

Ich denke, dass die Tour Mitte Juni beginnen wird. Die Stones werden ungefähr eine Woche brauchen, um nach der Pause wieder reinzukommen und ein paar neue Songs zu proben. Ich rechne mit einem Tourstart in Götheburg oder St. Petersburg (13.6.) - siehe meine Website (freue mich übrigens jederzeit über Kommentare, Anmerkungen und Grüße von anderen deutschen Stones-Fans). Aber klar: Über das Brüssel-Konzert würde ich mich auch freuen, wäre sofort dabei.

[www.thomasbolte.de]

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:27

Baboon Bro Wrote:
>
> According to the minor article under, they say
> there will
> be a gig on Ullevi. I'm just quoting:
>
> "Arrangören: Vi kör på Ullevi
> Drömkonserten med Rolling Stones för 52 000 fans
> på Ullevi i Göteborg blir av. Det är senaste
> beskedet från konsertarrangören EMA Telstar.
> - Vad vi vet så kör vi som planerat, säger Tina
> Widengren, på EMA Telstar."

This is the same that they (EMA Telstar) said some days back, so it makes one wonder if that quote is just from then, or if it's a recent statement as the small article isn't dated in any way. smiling smiley But, hey, if it's recent - then I think it's good news.

Also, I think I'd hold "Aftonbladet" as a more credible source than The Sun... smiling smiley

- mjOL

Date: May 12, 2006 16:32

But add a ton of salt. I aint saying this is some last word.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home