Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 9, 2006 10:59

GOOD! SEE YOU IN BRUSELLS, KEITH!!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 9, 2006 11:00

Thanks for info, bv!

Withsssoul; not anybody has the webadr. to the hospital.
Still I can get it to anyone who wants it; but
I dont want to put it up here.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2006 11:09

He already IS outta bed isn't he? "Walking around and talking with his family" as the statement said.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 9, 2006 11:57

But still.. if his head landed just a bit different who knows what would have happened? I mean, you know, like our IORR medical experts said, he could have had trouble speaking, let alone play guitar, I guess Keith really CAN get out of everything. My best wishes to him!

Date: May 9, 2006 13:26

The struggling Stone

By Richard Simpson and Natalie Clarke
Daily Mail 9 May 2006

The family of Keith Richards were at his bedside last night after he had emergency surgery on his brain.

The drama came two weeks after the Rolling Stone, famed for his recklessness with his health, hit his head in a fall from a coconut tree in Fiji.

He had been under medical observation in New Zealand since the accident but began complaining of headaches at the weekend.

He was taken back to hospital where doctors discovered a blood clot and decided to operate immediately.

Richards, 62, had a hole drilled into his skull to siphon off a buildup of blood in the membrane surrounding his brain.

A surgeon described the operation as 'serious' and said it could take weeks to recover.

The band has been forced to postpone a European tour due to start later this month.

The guitarist was pictured shuffling into the private Ascot Hospital in Auckland before the operation.

'Keith was very slow as he went in,' said an onlooker. 'He seemed gaunt and drained of energy.'

Hours later the band's press officer said he was doing well. 'The operation was a complete success and Keith is already up and talking with his family,' a statement read. 'He will need a few weeks' recuperation.'

Richards was flown from Fiji to Auckland at the end of April after falling 15ft from a coconut tree.

He is believed to have been larking about with fellow band member Ronnie Wood, attempting to mimic natives who climb the bark with bare feet to collect coconuts.

At first he did not realise the seriousness of his injury and went for a ride on a Jetski - but he fell off. Wood and Richards's wife Patti insisted he fly to New Zealand for treatment.

It was reported last night that when he arrived there doctors were worried he would not survive. But after a few days in hospital he was allowed to move to a hotel where his condition was monitored.

His two eldest children Marlon, 36, and Angela, 34, from his relationship-with Anita Pallenberg, have flown from Britain to join Patti and her two daughters with Keith, Alexandra, 19, and Theodora, 21.

The injury is believed to be a subdural haematoma, a blood clot that forms in the outer membranes of the brain, often from a torn vessel. It can be caused by a fall or a blow to the head.

A London neurosurgeon said yesterday: 'If you have a bad fall then it can severely shake the contents of the brain, causing micro-damage to the blood vessels.

'Sometimes pressure can build up in those vessels and they can leak, causing a clot. Doctors may have to drill through the skull and lift up the skull and expose the portion where the clot may be.

'Once it is isolated it can be secured with a clip or a tie and the head is then sewn back together. This is a serious operation and the quickness of recovery depends on the age and health of a patient.

'I would be surprised if anyone could be back on stage within a few weeks, although it is not an impossibility.'

Richards is notorious for living on the edge. He has abused his body with drink and drugs for four decades and often pokes fun at his reputation when he arrives on stage with the line: 'Good to be here, good to be anywhere.'

The Stones' Bigger Bang tour was due to open in Barcelona on May 27 and end in England in August. The band's management were working feverishly on a revised schedule last night.

Source:
[www.thisislondon.co.uk]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 9, 2006 13:30

Apparently he was singing the following in his hospital bed:

Oh help me, Dear Doctor, I'm damaged.
There's a hole where there once was a brain
we were climbing a palmtree, that's all I recall
And I woke up with a terrible pain.

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 9, 2006 13:58

and wrote a letter to Jagger:

It read, "Darlin', I'm sorry to hurt you.
But I've no courage to speak to your face.
But I'm down in New Zealand with my Doctor Lou
There'll be no concert on May."

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:04

hope too start in june 6 Bergen

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:17

just be well, Keith - all the way, baby, all the way

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:19

Amen.

It's no longer funny
It's bigger than money

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:19

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just be well, Keith - all the way, baby, all the
> way

yes just be well

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:22

Get Well

Posted by: novica ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:24

come on keith !!!!!

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:31

bless Keith, be well !!

Date: May 9, 2006 14:36

Instead of starting a new thread :

[iorr.org]

Swedish link is : [expressen.se]

They claim they have the news from New Zealand Herald. But I don't see the same "drama" in the NZ-paper : [www.nzherald.co.nz]

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:37

[tvnz.co.nz]

Richards' daughters fly to NZ
May 9, 2006

The daughters of Rolling Stone Keith Richards have flown to his bedside at Auckland's Ascot Hospital.

Daughters Alexandra and Theodora have joined their mother Patti Hansen to be with their father, who suffered head injuries after a fall, two weeks ago, in fiji.

Richards is recovering from surgery to relieve a blood clot on his brain.

The 62-year-old underwent the operation at the hospital after complaining of headaches. A spokesperson for Richards has said the procedure, which involved drilling a hole in the guitarist's skull to drain blood from the brain, was a "complete success".

He was to have rejoined the Rolling Stones in Barcelona for the next leg of their world tour later this month, but some concert dates will now be rescheduled to allow him to recuperate.

Date: May 9, 2006 14:46

Well, even though they're all just rumors, all the story's are really giving me the creeps. It really brings tears to my eyes, man!! And to think we all just had a laugh about the whole palm tree thing. Keith is my.. idol.. hell if I didn't know better I'd think he was my father. I know it's gonna happen sooner or later, but I just can't imagine him dying.

I'm giving Happy another spin.

GET WELL, KEITH!

Date: May 9, 2006 14:49

Reptile Wrote:
> Well, even though they're all just rumors, all the
> story's are really giving me the creeps. It really
> brings tears to my eyes, man!! And to think we all
> just had a laugh about the whole palm tree thing.
> Keith is my.. idol.. hell if I didn't know better
> I'd think he was my father. I know it's gonna
> happen sooner or later, but I just can't imagine
> him dying.
>
> I'm giving Happy another spin.
>
> GET WELL, KEITH!

HOLD ON, KEITH !

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:50

Just cant' wait to hear again an open-g chord from his hands. He is strong, we will see him again "here, or anywhere"

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:50

I hope Keith is really able to play his guitars which were carried in. If he's in a more serious state than we are told, then the guitars could be some kind of a cover...

Let it rock!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: May 9, 2006 14:54

Did they shaved his whole head for the drill??

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:01

StratoGR Wrote:
> Did they shaved his whole head for the drill??

Check on the European Tour News on Shidoobee. There's a guy who is a doctor, and he explains how it's usually done. (To answer your question: No it's not nessecary for the most part).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:07

Keith, Get Well!

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:11

We should stick to this thread, and not starting new ones, about Keith Richards.

It was what BV asked for.

Date: May 9, 2006 15:11

does anybody knows where is the other half of the Glimmer Twins?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:14

@novica
That's what I am asking myself too. Where is Mick? And the others?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:16

I'm nervous now that his family is starting to fly over. I guess I had assumed the Theo & Alex were already there. But now hearing that Marlon and Angela are headed over too makes feel really unsettled. It's such a long flight, and to me that means he's probably not leaving NZ anytime soon, or, dare I say, something worse that I don't want to think about.

Hearing this latest news, what a crappy way to start the day, now I feel sick to my stomach.

Seeing the pictures though helped a little. I didn't think he looked that frail. He is just very thin and had baggy clothes on, we usually see him in tight clothes. I am also very thin and look similar when I dress like that (which is why I don't dress like that). So those pictures didn't scare me the way it did some others on here.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:18

>> Where is Mick? And the others? <<

where they need to be, i'm sure ... blessings on them too.
Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:19

Whale Wrote:
> @novica
> That's what I am asking myself too. Where is Mick?
> And the others?

According to Swedish tabloid newspaper Expressen, the rest of the guys are already in Europe preparing for the tour. Not certain exactly how reliable this source is, but at least that's what they say:
www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=581278

Posted by: gekko ()
Date: May 9, 2006 15:19

2 pics from keith

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home