Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

sydney
Posted by: andrew9148 ()
Date: April 12, 2006 14:18

of the 8 shows i have seen, last night was easily the best. was fantastic.

i heard mick say that he and charlie will be back here in january for the cricket. for those who dont know Australia is playing England in cricket test matches in australia at the end of this year to about mid january 2007. i dont think that will mean there will be more shows though. who knows they could go to brisbane?

Re: sydney
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 12, 2006 20:16

maybe they'll perform the Australian national anthem before the game.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 12, 2006 20:21

watch it, nikki - i can tell yer gettin' itchy to post a Cricket setlist, presumably consisting mostly of Buddy Holly songs....

Date: April 12, 2006 20:23

i would never ever do such a thing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-12 20:25 by nikkibong.

Date: April 12, 2006 20:24

probation officer! I'd like to report an IORR policy violation!

Date: April 12, 2006 20:25

leave no trace . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-12 20:26 by nikkibong.

Date: April 12, 2006 20:27

can't catch me now!

Date: April 12, 2006 20:29

This is an APB (All Posters Bulletin) - we're on the lookout for a missing, phoney setlist post. Offender is a male 19-year-old bonghead goes by the name of Nikki.

Date: April 12, 2006 20:33

I'm on the run, I hear the hounds . . .

Posted by: pa ()
Date: April 13, 2006 00:12

not sure where you were sitting andrew, but out of the 15 shows I've been to, it was by far the worst. I blame it entirely on where we were sitting - section 131 in the stands - full of paying guests (I can't call them fans), who wouldn't get off their a*rses all night and complained about anyone who did.

Let 'em stay seated, but don't complain to me for wanting to stand (yeah, I know this has been done to death in another thread).

All the more frustrating when everyone I've spoken to who was down on the field said they had a blast, better than Licks at the Superdome (Ironically, the Superdome crowd was what soured it for them last time - once again, because of large sections of the crowd who get sh*itty when people dare to dance to a Stones song.) Strangely though, while everyone on the field seemed to be standing up the whole show, there didn't seem to be a lot of dancing going on.

"Ah, entertainment night. I want to be entertained". Familiar? And I've never known such a silence when the band goes off stage before the encore. Fair dinkum, Sydney crowds are crap mate.

Anyway, am going to Melbourne, where hopefully Rod Laver's full of true believers

Date: April 13, 2006 00:14

just like real estate...three most important factors at a Stones show...location, location, location.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 13, 2006 01:04

Aww pa that is so sad.

You only get 2 shows and end up with a bunch of $%^&* at one of them.

I feel for you.

They should have allocated seats for puta at a show and then we would know to stay away from that area when buying tickets..

Date: April 13, 2006 02:41

good call maxx

maybe marketing those seats for 'puta only' might not be the way to go, but at least have sections for those who wanna dance and those who don't. Maybe have a nice disclaimer on the tickets along the lines of: "Warning. Some people who have bought tickets to your section may want to stand up during the concert. You have no fecking right to complain if they do."

Posted by: andrew9148 ()
Date: April 13, 2006 03:08

i am going to rod laver too.

i dont mind people standing its just that when people throw their drinks on you and you cop an elbow in the head when people are pissed which tends to upset a few people.

J S Mill said that you can do anything provided it doesnt hurt another. if your dancing affects someone else badly in any way, i say it should not be done.

i am sorry that the sound was bad for you.

Date: April 13, 2006 04:20

OK - maybe it is cause I do a bad Mick Jagger impersonation when I'm dancing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home