Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fans Who Want To Sitdown During A Rolling Stones Concert....
Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: April 8, 2006 18:48

Get the @#$%& up!!!! Feb8th in Atlanta I stood the whole intire show, and this guy kept tellin me to sitdown, I took a line from Caddyshack and said "The Graveyard Is Two Miles Thay Way" he shutup the rest of the show....

Re: Fans Who Want To Sitdown During A Rolling Stones Concert....
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 8, 2006 19:38

The other side of the coin is that if you spend $400+/ticket you have every right to sit down & watch it that way. In 1972, Toronto, first show, I sat down the whole show, due in part to the ergot derivative my friend & I had ingested. To each his own. (Did you know that Owsley is now living in Australia, as is Chip Monck)

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:00

I and everybody around me stood during the Forum show...and everybody sat during This Place is Empty...then back up again for Happy and the rest of the show.

Sitting for that song was a nice break for me, and I was hardly the oldest person there.

Standing for the slow songs is pointless.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:04

Sitzen is´ für´n Arsch!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:06

RollingStonesUSA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get the @#$%& up!!!! Feb8th in Atlanta I stood the
> whole intire show, and this guy kept tellin me to
> sitdown, I took a line from Caddyshack and said
> "The Graveyard Is Two Miles Thay Way" he shutup
> the rest of the show....

the line from "Caddyshack" I would have used would have been "who made YOU Pope of this dump?"

The only people sitting at Stones shows should be Charlie Watts and the folks in the disabled section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-08 21:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:07

He who sits down at a Rolling Stone:

A. Is there to impress his girlfriend or his very rich friends at the country club.

B. Came on an outing from an old folks home.

C. Is Johnny Depp (as he did in LA )

D. Thought he was going to see Paul McCartney.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:15

E. is a parapalegic.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:26

I hate people who sit during a Stones concert. And they probably hate me for standing. How can a true Stones fan sit on their arse? I find it impossible.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 8, 2006 21:51

The only excuse to sit down..is to play the drums..lets lower the ticket prices and get the wilder fans in!!!Used to follow them...now only 2 shows!!!Still happy..anyway on with the show...Its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 8, 2006 22:20

I stood the whole time at the last show. The only time people told me to get down was during the b-stage set when I stood on the chair. I was pretty close to the b stage. The crowd as a whole was energetic but the people In my immediate area were squares.

Caddy shack was on TV the other day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-08 22:21 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: April 8, 2006 23:47

I've sat at all Stones shows I've been to. Never had any problems with anyone standing up or anything like that. I just minded my own business and enjoyed the show. Nothing wrong with sitting down. Some people work all day and want to sit. Nobody should be blasted or reprimanded for sitting. You can still sit and enjoy the show. However, I did stand up for Satisfaction (even did a little jig - I can't dance lol) But nevertheless, standing or sitting, all that matters is that you have a good time. And I did even with a major headache. smiling smiley

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 8, 2006 23:51

For me its difficult to stand during the whole show I have a problem with one leg. And sometimes I am afraid of the masses. But I bought FOS only in Europe. It will be not easy to manage for me, but I would like to stand and dance all the time. I guess I will go to a beer bar to lean on this bar..for a few minutes. A rest.

Sometimes there are other reasons that people would like to have a seat. If it's only for a short rest. Not everybody can stand in the masses. I have no chance to get in the first row. Some people are really rude. The stronger is first. I will stay on the last third in the FOS area. I am glad that they sold FOS Tickets. Otherwise I would be in the last third in a stadium (panic). So you can be a real fan even with a seat. You all never know the reasons. Not everybody is in a good physical condition or mental condition (masses). Lucky are those who are.

Date: April 9, 2006 00:23

Perfectly understandable if you have an infirmity or need a rest -its the reprimands for standing I have a problem with..especially from those who stand themselves part of the time.

To give an example. Was at the Stones' Staples/LA show at Halloween on the last tour and was 2nd row from the back of a block at the back of the arena. Naturally, everyone stands up when the show starts and this continues for a few songs. I had looked around to check I wasnt obstructing someone elses view but things seemed ok as the people behind me in the back row were up and dancing as well.

A few songs in and the Stones slow it down with "Love in vain". I remain standing and really getting into what was a gorgeous performance. A couple of minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder and this whiny bitch moans "can you sit down? I cant see..!" (we're in a tiered seat on the 2nd level at the back of a fúcking 20,000 seat arena and at 5'6, I'm not exactly Magic Johnson). She couldnt exactly grasp my indignation at the fact that she had been up and dancing for 30 minutes herself, and now because SHE decided that a song wasnt exciting enough for her to keep her fat arse out of her seat, I was expected to have a similar lack of taste and do the same.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 9, 2006 00:25

Gazza Wrote:
we're in a tiered seat on
> the 2nd level at the back of a fúcking 20,000 seat
> arena and at 5'6, I'm not exactly Magic Johnson).

LOL, well-put.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 9, 2006 00:29

Yes that's not ok. At Giants. I was standing and had to sit down about every half an hour. But I would never ask somebody to sit down as well. Noo thats a stupid chick ...that asked for that.... No I thought it was great that they were dancing and singing around me. Even if I you could not see anything for a this few minutes.

Date: April 9, 2006 00:52

mariannerl Wrote:
> Yes that's not ok. At Giants. I was standing and
> had to sit down about every half an hour. But I
> would never ask somebody to sit down as well. Noo
> thats a stupid chick ...that asked for that....
> No I thought it was great that they were dancing
> and singing around me. Even if I you could not see
> anything for a this few minutes.

All right marianne!!!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 9, 2006 00:55

Why should anyone care if someone sits durning or even hate them for doing it for that matter?

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: April 9, 2006 02:07

i am still blown away.
when i saw the stones in toronto in september, i stood up when the intro began (i was one of the first in my section on my feet).
a guy behind me yelled "i hope you dont plan on standing for the whole show".
luckily everyone around me stood up right after that, and remained standing for the better part of the show

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 9, 2006 08:09

i ain't paying all that damn money to sit! those people can f-off! it's f-ing rock 'n roll damn it!

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: April 9, 2006 08:42

ChrisM Wrote:
> Why should anyone care if someone sits durning or
> even hate them for doing it for that matter?

I totally agree. If you DON'T wanna sit during a concert, you'd better stop bitchin' and get tickets for the standing area. It's as simple as that.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 9, 2006 09:34

If you are not taken by the splendor of the moment you really shouldn't be there. If you're physically able to rise, it is inexcusable for you not to jump up and scream.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: April 9, 2006 09:45

rooster Wrote:
> The only excuse to sit down..is to play the
> drums..lets lower the ticket prices and get the
> wilder fans in!!!

Everyone has paid their good money for a ticket, and should be free to sit or stand.

But that means that you have to respect other people's choices on the matter, too. So, I agree that those sitting down should not feel like they can tell others to sit down. (Although I think it would be polite to sit down if the person behind you who was asking you to do so was disabled or otherwise incapable of standing.)

BUT this also means that people who ARE standing should shut the FCUK up about people sitting down during the concert. That's their choice just as much as it's your choice to stand. The fact that someone chooses to sit down during a Stones concert doesn't make them any less of a fan than someone who is standing.

Date: April 9, 2006 09:59

Sir...I was only joking...a peace full Sunday ok..I will only stand ,I shall not jump.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: April 9, 2006 10:55

In '72 at Winterland, and in '75 at Cow Palace (both in San Francisco) it was a mob scene, yet to my recollection most people not on the floor were sitting in their chairs for the majority of the show.

Since '89 (for me, Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Seattle, DC and Baltimore this February), virtually everybody seems to stand.

It's all good. Do what you like, people!!!

Date: April 9, 2006 11:37

scaffer Wrote:
> In '72 at Winterland, and in '75 at Cow Palace
> (both in San Francisco) it was a mob scene, yet to
> my recollection most people not on the floor were
> sitting in their chairs for the majority of the
> show.
>
> Since '89 (for me, Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas
> City, Seattle, DC and Baltimore this February),
> virtually everybody seems to stand.
>
> It's all good. Do what you like, people!!!

thank you!!!I have the bootleg from cow palace 1975!!!tell us your stories!!Ayway on with the show.

Date: April 9, 2006 13:15

Manhattan Wrote:
> ChrisM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why should anyone care if someone sits durning
> or
> > even hate them for doing it for that matter?
>
>
> I totally agree. If you DON'T wanna sit during a
> concert, you'd better stop bitchin' and get
> tickets for the standing area. It's as simple as
> that.

looks like anyone going to shows in North America or the UK is @#$%& then, as theyre all seated

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: April 9, 2006 14:00

Saw the Stones Glasgow SECC last time around.

I was in a seated area.

From the minute the Stones came on my area wasn`t seated!

You cannot sit whilst watching the Stones live.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 9, 2006 14:04

Yeah Gazza am pretty pi$$ed that Glasgow is not standing this time.
Though I dont see anyone on the pitch sitting, well I hope not.

I will be standing anyway no matter what.

No Smoking this time which is a bit of a bummer, dont know how well they will police that though.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 9, 2006 18:29

> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
at 5'6, I'm not exactly Magic
> Johnson).
>
>

Gazza I am Also 5'6" ,unless I spike my hair 5'8". I do what I have too If everybody is standing I stand and Vice versa. Sometimes when Everyone is standing I will go low and find a nice viewing port hole between bodies. If i have a first row seat in the balcony which I have had 3 times this tour I will sit the entire time. I find i can really concetrate on the show a lot better.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 9, 2006 18:49

What about the chicks sitting on their tall boyfriends' shoulders right infront of you? - you need a damn periscope

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home